Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
No Excuses Pledge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: No Excuses Pledge
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Hello Dokuga. So, I am the absolute WORST with getting updates out in a timely manner. Also, there are some stories and fanart that I have been neglecting for far too long.

Let's make a pledge! A chapter, a piece of fanart, or a total of 5 hours of work in a project a week.

NO EXCUSES Challenge

Conditions:
    Project must be collecting dust: 3 months or more unfinished (Once project is submitted to challenge, you can work on it continuously. It doesn't have to be a new project every week.)

Any rating applies, but follow Forum Rules when posting and label your work accordingly

Any length applies, we just want to get that creativity out there!

Encouragement is important, so you must also read/review/comment on at least one other work submitted to this challenge a week

Entry:
    Just reply to this forum post with what project you will be working on

Once a week, post the link to the completed work (or a snippet if worked on for 5 hours, but not finished) and a review of someone else's work. (As Challenge Maker, no reviews on my posted works count.)

Weekly banners will be posted every Monday for the next eight weeks and challenge starts tomorrow. First banner will be up March 17.

No Excuses!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/09 16:59 By cakeiton.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
LM Bluejay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 10
Oh! This sounds interesting. I definitely have a couple of works sitting in the grave yard. Lol

Logged Logged

Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 9
This is great! I have a... few... of these that could qualify. At least 3 months you say? I have two from summer of '12, one from '13, and another from '11.... I suppose I could get on these

Logged Logged

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 38
I've decided to give it a go. I'll be working on What Your Eyes Did to Me, which hasn't been updated since 2009.

I should be able to bang out a chapter a week so long as my muse behaves.

This story is definitely rated MA.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Great! Anyone can join at anytime, but work has to be made up to collect banner tokens.
I should probably state what I am going to be working on, heh. I have a long overdue update for a story from years ago called The Relic I should dust off. So, week one, that's what I'll be doing.

Deadline for Week One is Monday, March 17th, at 9:00pm PST.

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 109
I'm so glad you put this challenge up. Count me in.

So I have a story that has been in the dust: Monsoon Summer and it's not been updated since 2012. So, I should probably get started on the second chapter of that.

Logged Logged
LM Bluejay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 10
I'll be working on City of Flames (and possibly Journey of a Thousand Suns.) Neither have been touched in a while. Guess there's no time like the present! :3

Logged Logged

Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
I think I may update Trinity, which kind of sort of hasn't been touched since 2011. Yeah... I'm a slacker. This story is rated MA. Like wicked MA, so you are warned.

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
No Excuses- Encouragement 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Hello Shippers. A little mid-week encouragement quote from Whedon to keep you going. :]

Logged Logged

Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses- Encouragement 10 Years ago Karma: 1
I have the perfect story! Following her Heart...haven't updated that one in over a year...but I plan to start this month!

Logged Logged

I dont suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/I_write_to__Jennifer_Griffin.jpg
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for Week 1. I used prompts from Stella's Soundtrack Challenge to inspire the chapter. I hope that's okay. Since I'm first, I can't leave a review for anyone else yet!

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/123/8

Rated MA

Logged Logged
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 59
Caleesci, if possible, may I please humbly request an update to Bound? I adored that story and was saddened to see it remain unfinished. I would like to cast a spell of resurrection!

- L

Logged Logged
Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 1
Here is are two chapters for Following Her Heart:

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7710/7

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7710/8

The prompts are written for Riku Ryu's Random Prompt Challenge.

Logged Logged

Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
SunsetMiko wrote:
My entry for Week 1. I used prompts from Stella's Soundtrack Challenge to inspire the chapter. I hope that's okay. Since I'm first, I can't leave a review for anyone else yet!

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/123/8

Rated MA

Reviewed your story. I really like where this one is going.

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Here's my reply to the challenge. Monsoon Summer_2

I look forward to reading and reviewing the stories tomorrow when I have some free time.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
No Excuses: Week One Token 10 Years ago Karma: 55
My entry for week one is Chapter 5 from my poor, poor neglected story The Relic.

The Relic: Chapter 5 by cakeiton
When Kagome is possessed by Naraku in her own era, the only one capable of defeating him is awakened after 300 years.
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Action, Angst, Dark

Thank you everyone for participating in Week One!

Here is the token for this week. For every week completed, you can piece together the final banner. Great job everyone so far, and keep up the awesome work!

Deadline for Week Two is Monday, March 24 9:00 PST.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/17 15:21 By cakeiton.

Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Emiko wrote:
Caleesci, if possible, may I please humbly request an update to Bound? I adored that story and was saddened to see it remain unfinished. I would like to cast a spell of resurrection!

- L

I sure can!

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for Week 2

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/123/9

Rated MA

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Alright, week two coming to an end. Now, if you want to catch up, that is fine, but it is the equivalent of 5 hours of work on a neglected project per week.

The chapter I am working on is twice as long as every other one in the story, so I am splitting it up into two weeks. The chapter or artwork doesn't need to be completed every week, but proof of progress is.

So, here is a snippet (a non M/MA snippet) of the story I claimed to work on for this challenge- The Relic, Chapter 6:

"Sesshoumaru stood on the verge of transforming into his true form and growled so low it shook her bones. Kagome’s anger did not falter, but a panic crept its way up her spine. There was only one other time she had seen him like this and she knew he could tear into her without a second thought. His control wavered and his breathing was ragged, but within the next inexplicable moment his youki had abruptly calmed. That is when Kagome truly started to fear him. The cold regard in his amber eyes and the haughty lift of his chin were more dangerous than any anger he had shown. The emotional outbursts at least denoted a soul. He now looked at her without any hint of conscious whatsoever.
Without explanation, he loosened her chains enough to for her walk the room and quickly stormed out. Stars began to dance in her eyes before Kagome realized she had been holding her breath.
She thought would hit her, or possibly even kill her. What she did not expect, however, was his restraint."

And, here is Week Two's Token!

Deadline for Week Three is Monday, March 31 at 9:00pm PST

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/24 22:35 By cakeiton.

Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7710/7

Here's my entry for week 2; sorry its late, was out of town this last weekend

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
No Excuses Pledge- Mid Week Game 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Hello Shippers! So, mid-way through Week Three and for a bit of encouragement, instead of an inspirational quote, I thought a little game would be more fun.

Any one can play, you don't have to be in the challenge. However, if you would like to join this pledge, but have missed the previous weeks, I do have B&W tokens available to fill in the spaces to complete the final banner.

SO! The game is simple, and it might have been played here before. There is this site where you insert a portion copy of your writing and it analyzes it to report back what famous author you write like. Also, it gives you a banner!

So, why not? Hit the link, play along, and share your results! If the content is Forum Rating Approved, share a snippet along with your banner (keep it under 300 words though, please)

I Write Like...

Don't forget to share your results! :]

Deadline for Week Three is Monday, March 31 at 9:00 PST. Keep up the amazing work!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/26 14:17 By cakeiton.

Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge- Mid Week Game 10 Years ago Karma: 1
iwl.me/s/cfe99843

I used a snippet form my Feudal Fairytale story

Logged Logged

Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:No Excuses Pledge- Mid Week Game 10 Years ago Karma: 1
Shadowkat83 wrote:
iwl.me/s/cfe99843

I used a snippet form my Feudal Fairytale story

here is the snippet I used:

Sesshomaru huffed irritably, “I’m fine. Buyo just startled me.” He was about to continue, but a sudden cracking sound made him turn towards the well. Just then the wooden barricade shattered completely and two pale arms shot up and grabbed Sesshomaru and pulled him down into the well.
The next thing he knew, Sesshomaru was surrounded by a blue light. Then there was the strange feeling of falling. The pale arms had released him at some point. But too soon the falling ended and he landed at the bottom of the well, surrounded by many bones and dirt.

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Okay, so I'm an entire week behind- kind of. I got to work like an hour the week before and an hour after that this past week. Good news is, I made up last week's five hours in the car as I visited my sister up at her university. So I'm four hours behind for this week. I'll try to squeeze in those four hours sometime between now and when the deadline is. To prove I have been working on the story (the part I wrote in the car, I am typing right after I post this) here's a little excerpt:

The building was different than the one she had visited yesterday. It was split into two rooms- an archway in between connecting them- and outside the window Kagome saw a large backyard where there were cotton sheets being dried. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that they bore the same pattern as her scarf. Curious, she held it up to the window and compared. Hers was blue with white patterns, while the one outside was a dark brown. Neelam tapped her on the shoulder and Kagome turned to her.
She pointed to the connecting room. “Kurta ka block- printing udar karti.” Kagome narrowed her eyes in thought. She knew what a kurta was now. She couldn’t recall ever hearing about block-printing though. At least not since history class. She followed Neelam to the room and watched as a few woman demonstrated what block-printing meant.
One woman held out a cloth died in a dark green hue while another mixed a batch of chemicals. As Kagome watched, the woman holding the cloth, which she would learn was cotton, let go of it and the other woman moved her hands away from the chemicals that she was mixing in the bucket with a spatula. She picked up the bucket and poured it into a tray which the woman holding the cloth earlier now held. Moments later, the cloth was once again held tight and a big block was placed into the chemical mix. After swirling it around a few times, the lady stood and pressed it hard with a loud thwack onto the piece of cloth. When she pulled away, a small design lay on the spot the woman had pressed.

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for this week:

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/123/10

Rated MA

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.