Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Summer Smut Madness Tournament
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Summer Smut Madness Tournament
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
The dreaming, steaming days of summer are almost upon us – and that means it's time for dreamy, steamy fiction. This summer, a contest like no other begins June 1st, for participants 18 years and older who would like a chance at a slice of prize book, a few karma points,as well as gift fics, or just the chance to write, read, vote on, and appreciate some delicious and decadent words

Entry Rules:

1. Please be aware that the number one and most important rule is that this is a tournament for MA rated fiction; therefore please, to reiterate, no one under the age of eighteen may participate.
2. This is a Summer Smut Madness Tournament, so we want – you've guessed it – Smut! The tales we desire are tales of desire; to qualify, all fiction submitted must have at least an M rating, but MA is preferred (for the full value of full smut, of course!). Please Note: Because M rated entries are allowed does not change rule one. You must still be of age to read and write MA fiction, even if you choose not to write it yourself.
3. The word count range for tournament entries is between 1500 and 5000 words. PleaseNote: This is a loose guideline, not an ultimatum. If you find yourself with 1396 words and your entry is complete, don't agonize. The same goes for those who go slightly over 5000.
4. Fiction for tournament entries must be new, stand-alone fiction, not a part of an existing chapter or drabble story. One-shots, completed drabble collections, and short chapter fictions are all allowed as long as they fit all other guidelines. Please Note:A collection of non-connected "smut-shots" will not be allowed
5. In order to fit with Dokuga's overall theme and working principles, all fiction must contain Sesshomaru and Kagome as main characters; however, this does not mean that Sesshomaru and Kagome must be the ones involved in the smut and/or romance. Consider the possibilities carefully: close friends who advise each other about their sex lives, parents who must deal with their child's actions, part-owners of a brothel that services an exclusive clietele.
6. Optional Themes will be offered each round. Each author that uses the theme for that round will be awarded one karma point per theme used. Each theme will only be available for a karma point award during the round it is presented. Please Note: These will be optional themes. The Karma award is a special bonus for authors who choose to use the theme(s), but they are not required, nor should the use (or non-use) of the theme be considered when voting.
7. You must submit the entry form below to be included in the tournament.
8. Above all, we want you guys to have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Voting Rules

1. Every member of Dokuga, regardless of tournament participation,gets one voting ballot per round. Please refer to Tournament Entry rules because if you cannot read it, you cannot vote for it.
2. This ballot is anonymous, its contents to be known to the voter and to the Counters (Kayelyn and Lyra) and will not be disclosed to anyone else.
3. The ballot will be available to copy/paste out of the forum at the end of each round, and will consist of a list of that round's qualified entries, with a space beside each entry for voting.
4. A “vote” shall consist of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place marked clearly with a 1, a 2, and a 3 on the available line beside the fiction which is being voted for in that place. Please Note: Each ballot counts as one vote, with three fictions selected – one in first place, one in second, and one in third. The first place fiction will be awarded 5 points toward the final tally of the round. The second place fiction will be awarded 3 points toward the final tally of the round, and the third place fiction will be awarded 1 point toward the final tally of the round.
5. The final tally of each round shall be made for each entry based on the points it gained during voting, a total of all points from first, second, and third place vote choices. Thus a fiction that gained two first place votes, one second place vote, and four third place votes would gain 17 points in the finally tally.
6. Each round, half of the entries will be eliminated, based on the finally tally of points from the previous round

Tournament Dates and Deadlines

1. All interested participants need to email their Entry form to me, Kayelyn, or Lyra here by PM by May 24th.
2. The theme for Round One will be revealed on May 24th. Please refer to Tournament Entry Rule 6 regarding the themes.
3. All Round One entries must be submitted on June 1st. In case of electric, internet, server, or Dokuga disaster, late entries will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Please Note: Please place "Round One Entry for Summer Smut Madness" in your summary as well as emailing a link to Kayelyn's email which has already been provided.
4. Votes will be accepted for Round One beginning June 2nd and continuing until Midnight EST on June 7th.
5. Round One winners will be announced June 8th, as well as the theme for Round Two.
6. Dates for Round 3 will be announced when Round Two begins.

Prizes

1. Everyone will receive a Participation Banner, as well as banners for each Round.
2. Those that decide to use the Optional Theme will be awarded Karma by Kayelyn and Lyra.
3. Grand Prize Winner will receive: A Copy of the Japanese Art of Love (or another book of their choosing) as well as gift fics from Kayelyn and Lyra. Please Note: Gift fics must be IY fandom, Sess/Kag pairing not required...rating M or MA only because we won't be able to write it elsewise (XD); if you want smut tell us so we definitely include it. Gift fic will either be a oneshot or a drabble of 10 chapters or less, the whole fic to be approximately 10K.

Entry Form

Please Private Message me, via the dokuga provided messaging system. Just Copy and paste the below to your Entry Email.

Dokuga ID ___________________________
Date of Birth __________________________
OR
Link to MA rated fiction on Dokuga ______________________
Valid E-mail Address _________________________________

**I hope you all decide to join in on the fun. Hopefully, if this is well enough received, we can make this a yearly tournament.**

Best of Luck!
Kayelyn and Lyra

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/04/30 00:38 By Kayelyn.

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Azuka
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
I'm in! Though I may need help with reminding of the dates! So many RUUUUULEZ @_@

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/04/27 00:11 By Azuka.

*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
Oooh i most definately want to do this, i don't know if i missed it in all the text but has the option theme been released for round one yet?

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
Yay Azu and Rave!

Rave: The Optional theme for Round One will be available on May 24th!

Logged Logged
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Awesomeness, i will start working!

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
YAAAAY! Don't forget to send me your entry form! It's up there at the top along with my email address, so just copy and paste it and we can get you entered.

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
Furuichiko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I am so there! I can't wait for this to start, as I want to see the replies I am going to get, with how I am starting this... smutty goodness....

XXXXDDDDD

Logged Logged
Furuichiko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
And if you happen to see this, Duchess, you are going to have to wait to see your precious smut until this tournament begins...as I am throwing in what I was writing for you; for MINE, for the contest.
Furuichiko wrote:
I am so there! I can't wait for this to start, as I want to see the replies I am going to get, with how I am starting this... smutty goodness....

XXXXDDDDD

Logged Logged
Ennui
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
Too bad it's a Sess/Kag tournament. I have an Naruto FF that would literally make your toes curl...

I'll have to put on my Sess/Kag hat and see if something comes out of it.

Logged Logged
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hey everyone! I wanted to drop a reminder that all entry forms must be turned in by May 24th! Anyone interested in competing please send either me or the fantabulous Lyra your completed entry form by PM.

So far we have the following people competing:

Azuka
Furuichiko
Mistress of Rave
Stella
Nami Acevado
Aubrey Simone
Demimonde
Riku Ryuu
Jenineji

And would love to see many more!

Also, Lyra and I are hard at work coming up with the optional themes, and the first one shall also be released on the 24th.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/05/21 13:34 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
I'm in!

I'll send you my entry form now, Kayelyn!

p.s. - this is an awesome idea!

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I find that i am over half way done with my fic already and its also already reached 1500 looks like ill be going towards that 5000 XD

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 24
I'll have to see if I can fit this in. Send me a reminder, guys, if I forget to sign up closer to deadline! lol. I'm so forgetful nowadays.

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Mistress of Rave wrote:
I find that i am over half way done with my fic already and its also already reached 1500 looks like ill be going towards that 5000 XD

XDDD! That's totally fine, Rave.

Too bad it's a Sess/Kag tournament. I have an Naruto FF that would literally make your toes curl...

I'll have to put on my Sess/Kag hat and see if something comes out of it.

We hope you do, Aquarian! If this is something you are interested in participating in, send either me or Lyra an entry form. We would love to see what you come up with.

I'll have to see if I can fit this in. Send me a reminder, guys, if I forget to sign up closer to deadline! lol. I'm so forgetful nowadays.

Will do, Theia darling! Here's reminder number 1: Nineteen Days Until Entry Forms Are Due!

So far the following people are paricipating:
Azuka
Furuichiko
Mistress of Rave
Stella
Nami Acevado
Aubrey Simone
JeniNeji
Demimonde
Riku Ryuu

Hope to see many more names before the 24th!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/05/21 13:34 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
Just a heads up that the May 24th deadline for entering into the contest is in 3 days! If there are any more interested parties, please email myself or Lyra by pm with your date of birth!

Also, Lyra and I will be revealing the optional theme on Friday as well so be sure to check back for that!

Have an awesome day, lovelies!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/05/21 13:33 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 20
So excited it's getting close. Though i haven't finished my fic yet, but i'm close!

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 7
Kayelyn is MIA, so I shall be posting your theme my lovelies! So! What we have for you is the following:

First, "the broad theme": Othello. Use the character as inspiration, or the whole play; have fun with it, reverse tropes, or play with unexpected characters.

Second, the "specific" themes: several quotes from "Othello" to be used however you choose: take the meaning of the quote for a theme, use the quote as a prompt, quote the quote (attribute properly, of course) - do whatever you like. There are several to choose from below. Do keep in mind, these are our suggestions; because the broader theme is the play Othello itself, any quote could conceivably be used!

1. “And his unkindness may defeat my life, but never taint my love.”
2. "Oh beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green-eye'd monster, which doth mock/The meat it feeds on.”
3. "So will I turn her virtue into pitch, and out of her own goodness make the net/That shall enmesh them all."
4. "So sweet was ne'er so fatal. I must weep. But they are cruel tears. This sorrow's heavenly; it strikes where it doth love."
5. “Excellent wretch! Perdition catch my soul But I do love thee! and when I love thee not, Chaos is come again.”

For those of you who wish it, the full online text of Othello can be found here: Othello

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Summer Smut Madness Tournament 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 46
You just made my relatively easy and plain smutty one-shot into an angsty, stalker~ish mystery...totally my fault though since I complained about not wanting to do plotless smut *dies*

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
WOO! I'm looking forward to it

Logged Logged
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
so i have a question, when do we submit our entries and where?

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
The entries are to be posted on Dokuga as a new fic on June first; that's next saturday!

Logged Logged
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Awesomeness, i ended up totalling out at 6619 words. Is that alright?

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
The word count is more of a guideline so we can see what the majority have as a word count so we can have hard word count next time. So don't sweat it if after editing you still have more than 5k.

Also, sorry for the short dead time, folks! I took a vacation, but now I'm back and here to answer any questions and help in any way that I can. Thank you, Lyra my love, for picking up my slack!

ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE FOR POSTING IN 4 DAYS!!! Please read the submission guidelines above so you know how and where to post!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/05/28 21:59 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Alright, lovelies, we are in the final stretch of Week One! All posts are due TOMORROW! So here is how this is going to work!

Posting begins tonight at 12 a.m. EST and will last until 11:59 EST June 1st.
All posting will be done by the author to this site. (Duh, right?)
Please make sure to add "Done for the Summer Smut Madness Tournament" to your summary, then post a link to our thread.

I can't wait to see what you all have come up with!

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
There's Something Peculiar About Us

Rated MA

WHOOOOOOOOO! I am finally able to post it.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.