Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: please help
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
So, I've been looking for this fic for quite some time and I've never been able to find it. I hope that one you wonderful Dokugans will be able to help me.

Ok, this fic was incomplete and I read it on Spark a very long time ago. I'm afraid the plot is a bit fuzzy, but I remember that Kagome keeps getting transported to different dimensions every time she would look in a mirror. In one of the first worlds she visits, she is happily married to Sesshomaru and they live in the past in his castle with their child(ren). I remember that Sesshomaru keeps asking Kagome what's wrong and why she's acting so funny because he doesn't realize that the Kagome he's talking to isn't the one he married. Soon after she arrives there though, she looks in a mirror and ends up somewhere else.

Wow, that's kind of long. Guess I remembered more than I thought! Anyway, I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks!

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
I haven't actually read it yet, waiting for it to be finished, but might the story you're looking for be...Warning it is a MA story, no one under 18 is allowed to follow the link!!

Through The Mirror by Sidhe

When is life ever as it seems? Kagome finds that she likes the changes......
Rating: MA - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Action, Angst, Drama, Erotica, Friendship, Humor, Romance

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 35
No, Through The Mirror does not match that plot line. I did a quick search for the word mirror in the Spark section and nothing struck me as being what you are looking for. It is possible that the author took the story down.

Logged Logged
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
Thanks for trying Hairann, but no, it definitely is not Through the Mirror.

And yes Sarah, I think you might be right. It's really too bad.

Oh well. Thank you both so much for your help!

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 28
Was this the entire story? I know that there was a story I remember where all the different dimension Kagomes are flabbergasted that our dimension Kagome ISN'T happily married and mated to Sesshoumaru, and I can't recall if she actually WENT to their dimensions or not before the rest of the story happened. I think she might have, and this might be the story you're looking for... but I don't remember a mirror. :/

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Oh wait, I think it may have included mirrors. To get to the first dimension she definitely didn't look in a mirror or anything - I think Midoriko or some goddess transported her to the first one, but from there each chapter would end with her looking at her reflection somewhere, but not necessarily in a mirror. I think that's the story we're looking for, probably. Oh gosh, that's an old one. I'll bet it's still on Spark, though! Do you remember if it was completed or not?

The world was out of balance somehow with Kagome not in a relationship with Sesshoumaru. I think it had something to do with members of the line of Dogs having an affinity for Kagome's soul.... Midoriko was in love with InuPapa, I think maybe? Something like that! And something was wrong in Kagome's timeline - something different had happened - that made Kagome and Sesshoumaru so estranged.

Logged Logged

Phantomlogic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
Crap, I think I actually remember this story too! I am pretty sure it got taken down because I went back looking for it a long time ago. I don't remember the name or the author, but I know it was gone the last time I checked for it.

Logged Logged
jgem
Pup
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Kind of sounds like this story here:

www.dokuga.com/spark/story/1885/1

One Less Star by CinnamonGrrl.

It's not complete and it is also rated NC-17.

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Hmm, maybe I was getting two stories confused. That's definitely what I was thinking of with the different dimension Kagomes, but I do remember a story where it expounds on the travel between dimensions, too, with the mirrors. I thought they were the same story, but maybe they aren't.

Thanks for the tip, though!

Logged Logged

jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Thanks Jupe and jgem for trying, but no, that's not the story. It looks very good though, so I might read it anyway!

But in the story I'm looking for, Kagome replaces the Kagome in each dimension she travels to, and therefore has to quickly find out what kind of person she was and who her friends and enemies are.

I think that Phantomlogic and Sarah are correct in believing that it was removed. I have been looking for it for a while and I feel like I would have been able to find it easily when I was looking for it a couple years ago while it was still fresh in my head if it was still on Spark.

Again, thank you all so much for trying to help! Your determination to help me with my lost fic really means a lot!

Logged Logged

Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Oh well. That just means somebody has to write it, now!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
i remember the story.

I cant remember WHY it starts, but kagome ends up going to another "world" any time she catches her own image in a mirror/shiny object, in once case even something that was about to be used as a torture device on her.

The new world is a world that she and all the other IY cast all live in but the story line and plot are completely different. She's taken the place of the Kagome that WAS in that world.

Like some of the worlds, Sesshomaru loves her. Others he hates her, Some others he's actually so hateful of human's that he's going to torture her to death.

It's not complete, and there are only about 6 - 8 worlds that we've visited in the fic, but kagome's the only stable one, b/c she's HEROWN kagome, every new world though is different, and she cant help switching, any time she catches her own reflection in anything shiny, she pretty much gets zoomed off to another world.

Sadly while i remember all that, i cant remember the name of the fic. it was good though.

I want to say it's about 14 chapters long, incomplete, though i thought it was on Dokuga, not spark...

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
sugar0o that is exactly the fic I'm talking about! You might be right about it being on Dokuga, but I thought it was on Spark. Then again, I have such a terrible memory that I wouldn't remember anyway!

It was such a wonderful fic. I really wish/hope that the author didn't take it down.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/22 22:02 By jaimesesshy.

Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 35
I did a quick search on Dokuga for 'mirror' and found Through the mirror by DawnFire_ice.

Could this be what you are looking for?

Logged Logged
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
No that's not it either. Thanks again again!

Logged Logged

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 47
I have never read the story you all are describing, but the plot sounds so interesting that I have been searching for it.

Could it be Through the Looking Glass by shinkonokokoro?

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/545/1

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
CritterWhisperer you are AMAZING! This is definitely the story I've been looking for! For years! Thank you so much!

Logged Logged

Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
You know what's weird?

I never really read that fic and I knew exactly which one you were talking about because I only read the first chapter, but if I try to remember some of my all-time favorites, I can't even think of a key word from the title!

Am I the only one who does that?

Logged Logged
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
My memory is so wonky that weird things like that happen to me all the time!

Logged Logged

Kairou Watoshimi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:please help 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 19
The only fic that I can think of similar to this situation is Tears of the Fallenby ShadowWeaver1 but Kagome uses a well and not a mirror.

The scene takes place in Chapter 19

Edit... I didn't realize you already found it T^T

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/23 18:21 By Kairou Watoshimi.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.