Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fundraising 2011 - 2012
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fundraising 2011 - 2012
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
FUNDRAISING 2011 - 2012

It’s that time again, when we must come to our members with our hands out. Currently, our generous members have provided donations that resulted in an on-hand total of:

$983.15

This total is AFTER we have paid for chat services for the coming year, in the amount of $216.00. Our members are AMAZING!!!

Unfortunately, though, since our hosting runs $234/month, we need to come to you again, in hopes that we can drum up enough support to hopefully fund the hosting for the next 12 months. Here’s the breakdown on that:

$2808 - 12 months hosting at $234/month
- 983 - funds on-hand
$1825 - funds needed to pay hosting for full 12 months

We would like to set a goal of $2000 for this fundraising period. This will give us ample funds to cover the hosting for the year, plus $175 left over for any emergencies we might have that might necessitate hiring a programmer.

Obviously, we have several site issues that would benefit from programmer attention, but we haven’t had the funds yet to hire anyone to address them. The overage projected from the fundraising goal would be held in reserve to address any true emergencies that might make the site go down altogether.

Since fundraising is going to be an annual thing (assuming we can raise the needed funds annually), we will be rewarding those who contribute with a nifty new banner - one for each fiscal year (example, this year’s banner will read “2011-2012") of donations - for their profiles. In addition, names will be listed under the appropriate year on our Supporters page.

Of course, if you can’t donate at this time, we are ALWAYS gladly accepting donations whenever, and in whatever amount, you can spare them.

To donate to the site, please go to the Supporters page:

www.dokuga.com/supporters

and follow the directions. If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

A MOST HEARTFELT ‘THANK YOU’ IN ADVANCE TO ALL WHO FIND THEMSELVES ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE - YOUR SUPPORT MEANS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!

Sincerely,

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
when do we need the money by?

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
sugar0o wrote:
when do we need the money by?

At the present, hosting is paid to October 15, 2011. There is enough in the PayPal account to pay perhaps another two or three months after that (we have received almost a month's worth just today!).

That's why I say that donations are ALWAYS welcome whenever one can contribute, but I'd like to see us be able, by October, to pay for a year. This would alleviate the necessity for continued fundraising throughout the year, and give us a solid base.

The more we can pay up front, the more we can set aside the occasional, through the year, donations for urgent problems like any code failures.

I realize that school is starting soon for many of our members, but every little bit helps more than you know!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
well. I have a job this year so w0ot! but I'll also offer up a commission (Sk-based) for someone, if we're doing a prize thing again :3

I have a pal on here *COUGHCOUGHpebblip0o0o0o0oCOUGHCOUGH* who i can try and talk into making a clay model of someone IY char. she's been saying she's gunna try, and i totally have loves and faith that she can d0o0o0o0o0oeeeeetttttttt!!!(no promises though!) Still working on getting her to submit arts, even though i know she's awesomesauce!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
I meant to ask about that, since I didn't get to offer anything, prize wise, for the fundraiser last time. If we are still giving away prizes this time around, I'd like to offer a one-shot or two for fellow donators. =)

Logged Logged

Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
Oooh... I need to wait to see how exactly my budget for beginning of term is going to work, but I should also be receiving holiday pay. *u* I should hopefully be able to donate before October. Thank god for paypal. ;u;

Logged Logged

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 31
When either my job pops up or my plushies/magnets that I'll be making soon sell, I'll be able to donate. ^.^

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Still have money problems here so can't donate myself, but always willing to do a one-shot or two for those that do.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 55
Moving this to the front page! woot Dokugians! Dokugaites? ... woot Sess/Kag fans! Let's support out site, when you can!

Here's an interesting "Today I learned" for everyone too, just to make this post more interesting lol
17 Year Old girl still has BODY and MIND of toddler

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/16 21:48 By cakeiton.

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
I just saw the banner on my profile and squealed in delight at how beautiful it was! Thank you! =D

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 95
I had the very same reaction when I saw mine!! The banner is beautiful. Thank you to the artist LeoOsaka and thank you Dokuga!

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
And BIG HEAPING THANKS to our very own r0o-jira... who has diligently worked to create the banners and put them in the profiles!!!! I only hope she remembers to put one in her OWN profile for all the work she's doing!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Yes, r0o, I'm serious... you deserve a banner too, cuz I don't think I know too many more ardent Dokuga supporters than YOU - HUGGLES!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 01:13 By wiccanmethuselah.

Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anyone's banners.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
I can offer a one-shot, or short chapter story.
Meh can't art.

Logged Logged
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
I can't wait to get my banner! =D

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
My fellow Dokugians!!

We are well into the second month of our fundraising effort for 2011/2012, and we've had some tremendous support!!!

I've updated the Supporter's Page, and all of you should have received your beautiful, shiny banners by now. If I've missed anyone (or messed up your name), please, PLEASE let me know! I don't want anyone's support overlooked - you are all so very important to us.

As of now, we have $2,096.31 in our PayPal account.

We started with a balance of:

$ 983.15
-40.00 - Domain name expenses (I paid half, the site paid half)
-468.00 - Two months hosting, 8/15 to 10/15
475.15 - beginning balance prior to fundraising
+1621.16 - funds raised from 8/14 to current
$ 2096.31 - current balance

As I said in the last announcement, our hosting fee is $234.00 per month. As you can tell, we still don't have quite enough to pay the remaining 10 months for a year's worth of hosting yet, so I'm updating and issuing a further appeal.

$340.00 - needed to make the 10 months payment on the hosting

$230.00 - needed for one year's chat hosting (due again in July 2012)

At the VERY least, to pay the site (chat and hosting) through to August 15, 2012, we will need another:

$600.00

Obviously, this would leave us with very little on hand for emergencies, nor would it provide any cushion to explore the programming issue with an eye toward resolving some of our more persistent, inconvenient glitches. Ideally, if the community can come together to support it, I would love to see us raise another $1,000. I know that's asking a LOT. I know that things in this country are tough and we're all scraping. Still, if anyone can afford even $5.00, every little bit adds up.

So, that's where we stand at the moment... if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me, or any other member of the Administrative team: MoxyMikki, sugar0o, Priestess Skye or ladybattousai.

AGAIN, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FROM THE VERY BOTTOM, TOP AND MIDDLE OF MY HEART - Dokugians are the BEST!!!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Please bear with me if I take a few days to answer... RL is tossing me the usual curves, with a few sliders thrown in, and I might not be able to get back to you immediately. Thanks to all for your patience and understanding!

Logged Logged

Re:Fundraising 2011 - 2012 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I have just donated. Well worth it. Love all you guys!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.