Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I write to...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: I write to...
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Last line: I write to oil the hinges of my imagination.

Logged Logged
  The topic has been locked.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
You better write more than that. r0ojira might get violent if you don't give her the long version too.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Nice thread. Okay here we go:

Short:

I write to explore new possibilities.

Long:

Fanfiction for me is a good way to explore new ideas in a fandom where the characters are already created, and in an already established setting. I find writing for Inuyasha as a good base of practice for later on when I want to attempt original work, or that reclusive novella. I don't have to think too much, just snatch Inuyasha, Sesshy, Kagome (and the crew) and chuck them in a salad-bowl, whip in some sauce, and mix em all about. Plus I like to poke fun at Sesshy. He's a way too snooty, and gloriously 'Lordly' character to be taken seriously all of the time.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
Here ya go Pyre!

*pokes CR with Long stick*
make long one!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/17 22:11 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Short Version: I write to set my inner world free.

Long Version: I had gotten into fanfiction when I was 11 and I was watching sailor moon and I was on a sailor moon fansite. I began to work on my own, found my wings in SM crossovers, then found my way into more anime and more to love. I came into the Sesshy/Kag pairing when i found a fanfiction on ff called Boarding School Blues and I fell in love with the ice prince and the heartwarming miko. I mainly write to get away from reality, to get out my ideas that just swarm in my head. I write because its theraputic. Writing is always something I enjoyed, sometimes i get writers blocks but I almsot always finish what I start. Writing is my life, without it and music... I'd probably be in a very bad place right now.

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Here ya go Syn!

*pokes CR for long one*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/18 00:29 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
thank you r0o!!!!!

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
r0o!!! I did write a long one, and you told me to give you the short version! My long version should be a page or so back. Banner me, plz!!

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
ChaoticReverie wrote:
r0o!!! I did write a long one, and you told me to give you the short version! My long version should be a page or so back. Banner me, plz!!

>_>
<_<
r0o feels silly now.
SORRY!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/18 22:56 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
S'okay. You have a lot of these to go through, so no one can blame you for forgetting. Thank you 4 teh banner!! *huggles*

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
I didn't write a long version earlier one. (Do not makes me another banners, r0o.) I wasn't sure how to describe it back then.

The storyteller, who in books and movies always has the ability to produce a story with not just flowing motion, but a lively atmosphere. to be able to create such an atmosphere as if there words are jumping off the page to whisper in your ears, that is a fascination of itself. I write to let this storyteller of many tongues out and about; so that it can be free to enrapture the heart and soul of many of those who wander in from those cold winter nights (because you always see a storyteller in front of a fire) who can then tell their family and friends about the stories they heard. Maybe even perhaps be able to see their own story from something that catches their eyes from within the story, whether be something a simple as a golden comb or as complex as an emotion that enveloped them at a certain point in time when reading it.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Silly-Leaf
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I write to stay balanced and keep sane.

I’m a journalism student and a lot of what I need to write is either theoretical papers for class, or bland news reports with just the facts. I use fanfiction, online roleplaying and freestyle writing to keep my heavy description skills sharp; it also provides a mental rest from all my straightforward writing. Its nice to be creative and not necessarily conform to a standard writing style or be limited in how I can describe something, or how much description to use. To make myself a better writer I try to hone many different writing styles from formal to more creative and artistic forms. Writing can drive me insane or keep me sane; it’s all in balancing the formal with the informal and having fun doing it.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
here you go!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
criticat
Whelp
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:
criticat wrote:
Sorry

Long version: Before I found out about fanfiction I would often have ideas of how I would like the stories I read to end, which was often very different from the original. Writing is a chance to play around, channel ideas and see things from different angles, which is what makes it so great! By writing, I share my thoughts, feelings and views with others.
Thank you for giving the long answer

Thank you! My first banner ^^

Logged Logged
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Short: I write to let out the crazy.

Long: I've been writing since I was in Kindergarten. Poems, short stories, songs, and occasional research type papers and dreams. I would love to one day publish a novel, but I always have a hard time finishing what I start. Writing fanfiction helps me work on my writing (and particularly my story ending) skills so that some day I may be able to get ALL the crazy out. Plus I just lurve Sesshomaru and the entire Inuyasha cast (even Naraku on occasion!)

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Tiegrsi wrote:
Short: I write to let out the crazy. This made me laugh...

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
LOL. Thanks, R0o! I love it. <3

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
Hoshi Phoenix wrote:
[b]I write to...free the chaos from my mind. (r0o could you make a banner for me too please?)

Besides drawing, writing has been a outlet for me. Sometimes what I can't say out loud sounds better in words. I use to be shy and not very outspoken so when I was younger this was my way of getting attention and for people to listen to me. And it worked. I'm more outspoken now (and not as shy) of course but my writing has helped out a lot. My emotions and feelings I have problems telling (even to my family and my husband) out loud. I think emotions are a weakness to a degree (and with everything happening it seems that I've just had an emotional and mental meltdown, crying at the drop of a hat too! ) and writing helps me cope with that insecurity. As my saying above says writing helps to free the chaos from my mind. Because if I didn't write I would probably be in a room with padded walls right about now...
O_o some how this entry, i saw it but i never poster the banner i made, which has been made since mid October, so b/c of this you have 2 banners. @_@ I'm sorry about that!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
I write to keep an important part of me alive. This sounds strange, I know, but I’ve come from a long way....

I started writing at the age of six. Because I was able to read before school enrollment, reading classes were absolute boring. You know those little stories about Fu and Fara, those orange socks? I hated them. So, instead of falling asleep in class, I began to write little stories. Nothing big, just little oneshots about animals or people and such. After writing them I posted them on the walls for everyone to read and my classmates actually enjoyed them. And I enjoyed it, when my classmates laughed or smiled while reading them.

2001 I got my hands on the internet and soon enough I entered the realms of fan fiction. I wanted to read more about my favourite characters and of course, write about them as well. Yet publishing to a larger audience? I hesitated at first, but eventually I wrote some pieces for a German archive, for DBZ, Star Wars and Ranma ½. But with the loss of my internet connection for some years, I stopped. Recently, I discovered some of them and I was shocked! I almost cried at how badly they were written.

Anyway…

About a year ago, I found myself in my deepest crisis yet. I was lost, I was at the bottom and I never wished to appear at the surface again. I really didn’t know what to do to gain control over myself again. Therefore I decided to ask for help. I don’t know if it really saved me for good, as I am fighting those demons on a daily basis, but at least, I found some pieces of me again. Among them: My love for the written word.

I was in a group where we wrote poetry and stuff and even though I produced no masterpieces, I was happy to write again! The power of writing should never be underestimated.

So after I had to leave the group I decided not to fall into old habits again. Unfortunately, I failed. It was last November that I started again. And to make it a bit more challenging, I decided to write in English. I hope to improve my English by doing this, as well.

When I write, I feel like I am solving a puzzle. I try to connect the pieces together, search my brain for new ideas, gain new perspectives and, of course, to have fun. I publish now, because every reader that has a good time reading my stories throws a little rock at those stupid demons.

That is way I’d love to have this pretty banner with the words:

I write to fight the demons within me. Hedda

A bit too lofty, but then again… I have a knack for things like this.^^

Hedda

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Sessy21 wrote:
I write because I'm kindda the odd man out in my famil because no one else gets my fasination with anime and manga, but I have gotten my mom to watch Inuyasha with me though.... (she a Miroku fan lol ). I feel like I can let out all my inner cray here and have others under stand it. I always have so much shut up in my head and writing helps me clear some of it out. Last but def not least I write to release my inner smut monster! lol I don't have to worry about my mom or any future bosses reading my stuff and knowing its me....

I write to release my inner smut monster.
Did you want me to change this? I went with what i first got...

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
MidNigh
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 17
I write because I'm kindda the odd man out in my famil because no one else gets my fasination with anime and manga, but I have gotten my mom to watch Inuyasha with me though.... (she a Miroku fan lol ). I feel like I can let out all my inner cray here and have others under stand it. I always have so much shut up in my head and writing helps me clear some of it out. Last but def not least I write to release my inner smut monster! lol I don't have to worry about my mom or any future bosses reading my stuff and knowing its me....

I write to release my inner smut monster.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 01:25 By nigh.

I claim Sangos Demon Cat Kirara!
kogazgirl29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
i write to clear my head cause god only knows when im gonna get a case of writers block again.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 52
Take2

Short: I write to have fun and provide fun.

Long: I write to when I don't remember precisley when I started writing, but ever since scoring a perfect 6.0 score on the FCAT Writing Test, I've tried to develop this gift to the best of my ability, aspiring to eventually write novels. Along the way I've come across other people, communities, and more, and the rest as they say, is history.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
kogazgirl29 wrote:
i write to clear my head cause god only knows when im gonna get a case of writers block again. Long one please.

Walter205 wrote:
Take2

Short: I write to have fun and provide fun.

Long: I write to when I don't remember precisley when I started writing, but ever since scoring a perfect 6.0 score on the FCAT Writing Test, I've tried to develop this gift to the best of my ability, aspiring to eventually write novels. Along the way I've come across other people, communities, and more, and the rest as they say, is history.

and that wasnt so hard was it! that's awesome that you scored so high on that test!

here ya both go though:

and here:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 08:41 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
here you go Hedda, Goodluck with it!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.