Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I write to...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: I write to...
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
sugar0o wrote:
sugar0o wrote:
I was wondering why you Dokuga write fanfiction.

Do you do it to keep yourself calm, to relax? Do you do it because your stressed, because you enjoy it, Because your mad at how the manga/series ended. Tell me why in both detail, and a basic form, and I'll make you a banner, so that you can post it on your page.

Mine for Example:

Long -

I write fanfiction for many reasons. Mostly i fell in love with a non-canon pairing, and their dynamics. I fell in love with the possible that we didn't get to see, and wanted to challenge myself. I loved being able to take characters into a new world, with variations from the norm, and i adore seeing something refreshed and new. I love painting the picture of it all in my mind! Since i started back in 2007, I've written more then 75, drabbles, oneshots, and chapter fics on 4 different sites. I don't think i could ever stop, and Am seriously considering taking one of my more complicated plunnies and turning it into a novel with OCs.

Short - I write to...Free my inner imagination.

The Kanja in Black means Creativity, the 'Sub-Kanja' that are imposed in the background from Left to right mean, Joy, Love, Peace... all the things i feel when i write.

***You can either ask me to put the wording in, or use the blank and make your own with different font. This banner's only lock are the font style, and the "I Write To..." as seen below.

I've noticed this a bit, please submit your answers in an "i write to..." format. Also if your wanting the banner from here out, I'm going to ask that you adhere to the Long answer as well as the short/banner answer.

If your just answering to get the banner, there's not much fun in that. I asked a specific question, asking for a long answer and a short answer. I'm also making a banner for it, asking only that you answer the question fully before i do.
I really am, going to stop making banners for anyone that only gives me the short answer only. Seriously, if you only want the banner, then it's not as fun. I asked a question, and i wanted both a long and short answer. From here on out... after these banners, if you don't give me the long or the short and simple, I'm just not going to make your banner. -_- - r0o
eh

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/09 20:48 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The topic has been locked.
Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Sorry! I'll give my long answer now! >.<

Why do I write? I started writing out of my obsession for Pirates of the Caribbean way back when. Then, one day, I was watching a random episode of Inuyasha, before I was a fan, and I saw Sesshoumaru. Suddenly, something a friend of mine had said really made sense, and I could understand why he was her favorite. For the first time I fell in love with an animated character for the sheer multi-faceted persona. And, after a curious glance at fanfiction, found a spark ignite my creativity at the thought of matching such a non-canon pair. As soon as I started writing it was almost like I couldn't stop. Though the going is slow as of late, I'm always thinking of it, and trying to organize the ideas that are clamoring to be given voice.

In short: I write to breathe life into my imagination...and so that my imagination may breathe life into me.

Logged Logged

Coenraad
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
sugar0o wrote:
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks R0o! *Glomps*

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Lonelylark wrote:
Sorry! I'll give my long answer now! >.<

Why do I write? I started writing out of my obsession for Pirates of the Caribbean way back when. Then, one day, I was watching a random episode of Inuyasha, before I was a fan, and I saw Sesshoumaru. Suddenly, something a friend of mine had said really made sense, and I could understand why he was her favorite. For the first time I fell in love with an animated character for the sheer multi-faceted persona. And, after a curious glance at fanfiction, found a spark ignite my creativity at the thought of matching such a non-canon pair. As soon as I started writing it was almost like I couldn't stop. Though the going is slow as of late, I'm always thinking of it, and trying to organize the ideas that are clamoring to be given voice.

In short: I write to breathe life into my imagination...and so that my imagination may breathe life into me.
Your fine. Your not the only one to give only the short answer, mostly no one goes back to look at the rules of the thread before they get into it. I have 3 thread like this in a way, 2 that gain banners, the other is the claim game, only one of them, the lemon banner can you just ask for it, or give the short, and hardly no one reads the rules or the large post for what they should. it just gets a bit : ish having to keep going back and asking. I shouldnt be so upset but to have it happen in 2 out of the 3 big threads i manage for stuff gets old fast :[

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
LoveNabokov
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I write because it's cheaper than alcohol.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/10 17:40 By LoveisaMovement.
LoveNabokov
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
OOOOps I think I broke the rules! I'll fix it ....... I write to satisfy myself since it's cheaper than alcohol, legal and always available.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/10 17:41 By LoveisaMovement.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
Thanks for the banner, r0o. Honestly, I forgot that one gets a banner. lol. I just wanted to make an 'I write to'.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
I broke the rules

Here's my long answer;

I write for a lot of different reasons most of the time it is to help get my emotions and feelings out. I don't write only fanfictions either, I write poetry and short stories and anything else you could wrap your head around. I also write because I have so many crazy ideas in my head that I'd love to see on paper, but not everyone can make it just the way you imagine it, so you have to write it yourself.

I also write because it helps me concentrate when I'm stuck on projects for work or school. =) Once the creative juices start flowing there's just no stopping them.

*sings* Aint no stoppin' us nowwww

Sorry..got a little sidetracked there...but *ahem*

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Mimiru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I write too...

I started to like fanfiction back when I started watching Inuyasha, but I didnt fall head over heels in love with it until I stumbled a crossed YU-Gi-OH fanfiction and from then on it was love. After my love for YGO fanfiction died because of lack of good stories I started writing Dragon Ball Z Fanfiction for an RP chat site that I used to frequent (it unfortunately shut down) so I used fanfiction to recreate my memories of the events in RPs and still today my imagination is influenced by those RPs and fanfictions I create. I write because I enjoy it, immensly, I can vent my frustrations and create chaos, destruction, etc when I'm feeling angry, depressed and even happy. I can convey that easier in writings then I can in words.

My Short Answer: I write to have a voice, because with writing I feel like I actually have one and have a semblance of control.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/11 03:24 By Mimiru.

Its okay to be insane, I mean lookit Dokuga, its FULL of nuts
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
eh

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
criticat
Whelp
graphgraph
I write to share.

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
criticat wrote:
I write to share.

Someone didn't read the thread and gave the shortest answer possible...

Better write the long version quick!

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
criticat
Whelp
graphgraph
Sorry

Long version: Before I found out about fanfiction I would often have ideas of how I would like the stories I read to end, which was often very different from the original. Writing is a chance to play around, channel ideas and see things from different angles, which is what makes it so great! By writing, I share my thoughts, feelings and views with others.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
criticat wrote:
Sorry

Long version: Before I found out about fanfiction I would often have ideas of how I would like the stories I read to end, which was often very different from the original. Writing is a chance to play around, channel ideas and see things from different angles, which is what makes it so great! By writing, I share my thoughts, feelings and views with others.
Thank you for giving the long answer

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/12 14:59 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Okay, I finally have a minute....thank you for my banner r0o!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
np!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
moosegirl13
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
"I write to live."

~moose

Logged Logged
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Moose quick! Write your long version >.<

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
moosegirl13
Pup
graphgraph
Long version:

Writing has helped me deal with all the struggles in my life. I won't go into major detail about these struggles, but being able to express my thoughts on paper --or computer-- has literally saved my life. It has enabled me to continue to continue to fight. Things I would have never been able to say out loud fly out when I write. It's given me confidence and personal strength.

~moose

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
moosegirl13 wrote:
Long version:

Writing has helped me deal with all the struggles in my life. I won't go into major detail about these struggles, but being able to express my thoughts on paper --or computer-- has literally saved my life. It has enabled me to continue to continue to fight. Things I would have never been able to say out loud fly out when I write. It's given me confidence and personal strength.

~moose
*huggles you* thats so awesome! and thank you ^_^

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 52
I write for fun, both my own and that of what other people experience whom read my work.

Logged Logged

moosegirl13
Pup
graphgraph
Thank you so much! <3

Logged Logged
Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Though I don't really post anything on here I do write and I sort of wanted to put something here lol.

Ok heres the short: I write to help me get away from my life.

Long: Well when I really started writing i was living with my father, he has congestive heart failure and had started drinking at the time, well he would get drunk come home really late and my brother and I would barely see him til I had to go to school the next morning. After school he would drop me off at my grandmothers and go to the bar, well on top of that he was verbally and mentally, i guess, abusive and always calling me names saying I would fail and what not, this is when I discovered fanfiction and writing. I would sit in my room for hours and hours and write just to get away from my family really, I had notebooks filled with stories by the time I moved out. >.> Wow thats sort of depressing... I'm sorry.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Walter205 wrote:
I write for fun, both my own and that of what other people experience whom read my work. I'm gunna pinch you long and short! i write to! not for

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Brenna wrote:
Though I don't really post anything on here I do write and I sort of wanted to put something here lol.

Ok heres the short: I write to help me get away from my life.
I did this days ago, and i cant tell you WHY i didn't post this, but here it is, sorry for taking so long!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.