Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
the origin of the SN.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: the origin of the SN.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
I have went through many sn's such as fallenangelladyvampire, the fallen tenshi, armyofficer2be, and so on. But I will be forever more, Miss Anna S. I just finished with a divorce from a almost 6yr marriage and felt like using my real name for a change.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
My condolences for your divorce, I hoped it worked out.

My name for most of my SN's have usally been xxcssm462. It orginated from this on line game I use to play. Then I got to thinking that I need some changes, Now I go by several differnt names ^^

Logged Logged

Apples arre good. What I love about life is that No matter what you always pull through and find something better

Pineapples arre soo good. What I hate about life is that you have to work hard for what you want

Bananas arre so Not good. But the thing about working hard is that it always looks good on a resume ^^

Grapes arre...so-so unless they are firm,yum! Giving up is not in my vocab anymore >.-

In Case you havent noticed I like my fruit the same way I like my life ^^
Dawn of Roses Kiss
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I chose my name because Dawn has always been such a awesome word to me. I used to look up at the sky every dawn and think how bueatiful (to me) it was. Yeah it sounds like a girly story but Dawn also is like a mystery to me, ALSO I wrote a story about a girl named Dawn I don't know how many years back. It was one of my first of many gorgeous stories that I made.
Anywho, onto my next word in my VERY LONG name. Roses I have always thoughts to be pretty. And they kind of descirbe me. When you first meet me I kinda seem hard to get use to, but once you do you find out how bueatiful my personality and perspective on the world is. Yes, my friends tell me that. But not quite as descrpitive lol.
The who Kiss thing was because I took this really cute picture of me holding a rose to my mouth for a wedding photo and well... it kinda stuck.
Sooooooooooooooooo in conclusion, I came up with The Dawn Of Rose's Kiss. It makes a really cute picture and an awesome name.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/12 13:38 By TheDawnOfRosesKiss. Reason: I finally remembered the whole story to behind the name
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
Alexandria wrote:
My condolences for your divorce, I hoped it worked out.

My name for most of my SN's have usally been xxcssm462. It orginated from this on line game I use to play. Then I got to thinking that I need some changes, Now I go by several differnt names ^^

Thank you -bows-
It worked out great for me because after all was said and done, he pretty much packed his bags and jumped state so yeah lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
SesshysRose...don't really have a reason really...stuck with it on this site so as not to confuse my fanfic readers...but anything else current...(my dA acct was before the change) i use the SN Navisan...I used to sword fight and the nicknames the guys gave me was navi (like in the video game "Zelda" the little annoying fairy lol) because I was the "annoying little sister fighter" lol while Navi was used most of the time I started with Navi-san and just adapted it to Navisan...works well enough lol

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Well, how I came about my name wasn't too hard. I like stars and the phoenix so I combined them together. In Japanese hoshi means star and then I just phoenix added to the end. Most people get it confused with houshi which is monk. lol But I promise hoshi means star, I looked it up in my Japanese dictionary first before I decided on anything!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 58
"Inali" means "black fox" in Cherokee... I had an old Cherokee lady (who was a friend of the family) start calling me that or "tsula" which means "(red) fox" because I was always sneaking off and getting into mischief every time anyone's back was turned, or hiding somewhere in plain sight to spook people.

In Native American lore, foxes have the medicine (magic/ability) of camoflag making them very sneaky and inconspicuous when they choose to be. She said I was full of fox medicine.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Yoruzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Well, the name that shows up to you guys is "Mako," which is my name. The other name that would show up in the chat room (if I didn't change it to 'Mako') would be Kabukicho. This can have two meanings; it would either be a reference to the red-light district in Tokyo (which is also called 'Kabukicho') or it can be translated as "author of Kabuki."

I love theater (even though I'm a terrible actor)and I've always had a special fondness for Kabuki.

When I was kid, I used to want to write Kabuki plays. So 'Kabukicho' was a nickname that I picked up a long time ago.

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki claims the position of Master Visual Kei Bassist, with the tool of Noiz-kun the Bass Guitar of Pure Awesome.

Takumi ni hito toshite gisou shite iru.

Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
Uh okay, I WANT TO DO THIS TOO! XD

Well, in real life, my name is the length of ONE syllable, which really bugs me because I cannot be given a nickname, like a shortened version. Since high school, ALL MY FRIENDS had nicknames except me. And I hated it when someone just added 'ie' or 'ey' to the end of my name and expect that to turn it into one.

I chose a name that I liked, which could be pronounced in japanese or english AND could be shortened so I could finally have a nickname.

I present to you....NAO!!!!

I also go by Uchi....because my friends and I have all chosen an identifier, and mine is cactus alien, that I got from a manga that I've read. I love cacti and alien seemed great too because I'm really weird >3>

Uchi is shortened from uchuujin, which means alien in japanese.

Logged Logged

Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I'm about age myself here. Years and years ago (and I mean years ago), I used to write Outlaw Star fics. Most of the time I would post one, dislike my plot or whatnot and then rip it back down. Even though I was highly critical of my stories, one of the lines Harry says to Mel in one of my fics was "Let go of all your ideals, and just relax. Breathe in, breathe out and embrace the darkness within." I thought it fitting when signing in. My nic name had always been Darkness, and the line was from an old fic of mine. Not as clever as some of yours but, it fits me and the voices in my head.
~*the darkness within*~

Logged Logged
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
R.M. Avalon is the shortened version of Realm Mage Avalon, which was the 'official title' of a character that I came up with in a story when I was about 11 (Avalon Summers). I started using Realm Mage Avalon on ff.net and I didn't want to change my name (or use a different one when posting fics on other sites) for fear of having someone tell me that I stole my own stories. So I just shortened Realm Mage to R.M., which I think sounds nicer any way. Everywhere else on the internet I'm Electrikfeather. And that one's just because I like birds and electronics. XD

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Well, I've had two author names. The first one I ever used was this one, Rurouni Jasmine. It stemmed from my love of Rurouni Kenshin that I still have. It is to this day the first anime I name when I name my favorites. Kenshin is just so adorable and... Now I'm all nostalgic. But yeah, this is the one quite a few people remember me by and I figured why not use it again? It's stuck with me the second best but it's my first favorite.

Logged Logged
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
I can totally do this tomorrow after my test!

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
Freya Ishtar has actually been my pen name since I started in fanfictions, and it was a name that happened entirely by accident. My first experience getting into fanart was with the Tokyo Pop fan site and . . . as usually happens, all of the names that I'd wanted had already been taken. So after a few minutes, I plucked 'Freya' from the manga 'Chobits' (in which the Freya character is a human-sized, blonde, gothic . . . well, she's basically a doll, so yeah, you can maybe see why that name always stuck in my head) and 'Ishtar' from the manga 'Vampire Game' (and I always liked the name Ishtar, so it worked for me). At first, I really couldn't stand it, mostly because it wasn't the name I initially wanted, but as people started talking to me and telling me about other fanfiction sites, I took the name with me, partly because I'd grown accustomed to it, partly because that was how people knew me . .. and lastly 'cause I didn't want to post the same things to 2 different sites under 2 different names and have someone accusing me of stealing my own work O_o. Stranger things have happened.

I've really only got two places where my real name, Gerilyn Marin, is connected with my writing, and that's on ff.net's original fiction sister-site, fictionpress.com and it appears under my site name on deviantART. I'd originally been working under the Freya name on fp.com, but as I'm hoping to publish my original works at some point & intend to do so under my real name, the switch seemed like the wisest decision.

Logged Logged
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
Mine came from....

DRUMROLL PLEASE!

MAH REAL NAME!!

Originally I was "Terri Delgado", which is my name, but that was long and complicated and silly people had this habit of writing it all out instead of breaking it up into first and last names.

One day this funny girl named Shrii began referring to me as Terri-tots. For I was the starch in her life.

And it sounded waaaay cuter than Terri Delgado.

So I switched.

Logged Logged

Tenshi Villiers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
my current name stems from the fact i am obsessed with snow villiers from FFXIII and the name tenshi is japanese for fallen angel. to which is why i love lemons and i write smut for anything and everything. I am trying for a tasteful lemon for here but it aint working too well.

Logged Logged

Our Master Tenshi Villiers has claimed the role of block master and her mighty hammer of blah. Also do not anger the Great Leader of the Band of Seven for thou are human and easily cut by Banryu. Hahahaha
Tenshi Villiers
Whelp
graphgraph
my name tenshi villiers is stemed from my obsession with snow villiers from final fantasy thirteen and tenshi meaning fallen angel in japanese.

Logged Logged

Our Master Tenshi Villiers has claimed the role of block master and her mighty hammer of blah. Also do not anger the Great Leader of the Band of Seven for thou are human and easily cut by Banryu. Hahahaha
Yoruzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Tenshi Villiers wrote:
my name tenshi villiers is stemed from my obsession with snow villiers from final fantasy thirteen and tenshi meaning fallen angel in japanese.

'Tenshi' is 'angel.'

'Datenshi' is 'fallen angel.'

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki claims the position of Master Visual Kei Bassist, with the tool of Noiz-kun the Bass Guitar of Pure Awesome.

Takumi ni hito toshite gisou shite iru.

Tenshi Villiers
Whelp
graphgraph
thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate that.

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
Hairann wrote:
Mine's pretty simple...it was a randomly generated name on the first MMORPG that I played for more than a week, DAoC and I picked it because I liked nicknames and this one has two . It's stuck all these years, nearly ten, because it was what both my, now, husband and my best friend know me by, both of which I met on the game. And if I didn't love the way my married name sounded, which is what I will be using when I get around to getting my novels published, then it would be what I would use as my pen name there too.

0.o And here I always though your real name was Ann and you had Rapunzel hair! ::droops::

As for mine - naqaashi is an Indian word that means "etching". It's been my SN for years - and I use it everywhere; don't have another one. I was feeling pretty pretentious, starting off as a fanfic-writer on FF.net and all...and I felt that words have the power to etch feelings and dreams into your psyche. I still believe that, but my perspective on it has changed. When I took naqaashi as my SN, I - pretentiously, as I said - thought I was going to be a writer who did that to people. Suitably chastened now...I'm decent, but I'm nowhere near that level of awesomeness! But I've realised that though I can't do that to people, I've got the tendency to let other people, and my own imagination, do it to me. So naqaashi I am, and naqaashi I'll stay! ...though most people call me "naq", these days... ^.^

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
QuothTheDragon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
well, I am a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe's "Quoth the Raven" and I have a bit of an obsession with dragons...so...QuothTheDragon

this has also led to goofy catchphrases "Nevermore...without ketchup!" (I am sorry but I don't remember who to credit for that awesome line, it's been awhile >.<) and nicknames, namely Quoth and Dragon. This is the only site I use it on, yet I think if someone randomly yelled out "dragon!" one day, I would turn to see if they were calling me >.>

Logged Logged
Tenshi Villiers
Whelp
graphgraph
i love your name

Logged Logged

Presto-chan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
ItsyBitsySpider wrote:
darkmousey wrote:
Mine began with a book I read when I was 7. Maybe 8. The title was Perloo the Bold, and about this shy mammal-thing that saved the kingdom or something. I loved the thought of this shy creature being contrasted with/becoming bold, and it stuck with me when I was creating a new email years later (mouseythegreat), which is what I use for RL. When I went into fanfiction, I chose the name darkmousey for my virtual life.

Oh, that's awesome. Ironically, it's also the name of a character from DNAngel. xD

Lol. I originally thought it was from DN Angel too.

Mine comes from a cat I owned a while ago and a year that a lot of things happened for my family, such as my mom getting pregnant with my little sister, ect. I needed an e-mail address and Presto1995 popped into my head, and I've just stuck with it over the years.

My brother is a pianist so when we named two of our cats we opened the back of one of his music books. We have a Maestro and had a Presto ('very fast'), who ironically became fat and lazy and eventually died from liver disease.

-Presto1995

Logged Logged
Presto-chan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
Tenshi Villiers wrote:

FFXIII is a great game, but I think I might be liking FFVI more, lol. Gotta love Snow though!

-Presto1995

Logged Logged
12345c
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
This is an old thread, but I'll reply anyway ^-^

My online name is Clio because, as a student of history, she'd be my muse (if I lived in ancient Greece and was an elderly, bearded man). It's pronounced cly-o.

Other names I use are greeneyesandglasses (which is both very long and very true), penofjade (because I was young and I thought it sounded cool), and choukopanda ('chouko' means butterfly child in Japanese and it was a nickname one of my friends gave me - panda cause they're cute ^-^).

While I don't use it online, I also have a Chinese name. Xian Rui means 'refined wisdom'. When we were picking names in Chinese class and I told my teacher which one I'd like, she got all excited because I hadn't picked one with a flower name in it. I just liked how it sounded...

So, when I'm online, I'll answer to either Clio or Chouko.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.