Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
the origin of the SN.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: the origin of the SN.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
I get asked this a few times so I'm going to share:

Its actually about 10 years ago. Way back when I was an interweb n00b, I was on AOL and my SN was "brownsuga18fem" for the most part I really hated going into an online chat and seeing A/S/L all the time so I made an SN that had most of the info, b/c i wasn't giving out my location to ANYONE!

Then i had a pal online that refused to call me "suga" or "brown" so he named me Sugar0o, and the name stuck. :3

The correct pronunciation is "shug-ah-roo" or "Shugahru" :3

What about you?

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
My name came from the one I use as an authors name, Danyealle (that is the ancient spelling of Danielle) Autumn Myst (pronounced Mist). No, Danyealle isn't my real name like so many think. Originally, it came from, years ago, when I used to do online RPG. Danyealle Autumn Myst was my characters name, she was a shape shifter. When I wrote Fate, something that featured that character with a slightly different spelling of the name though, I took that on as my pen name for it, causing all kinds of confusion as to the spelling of my authors name, trust me on that . When I decided to come into the world of fan fiction from original works where I was known simply as Danyealle, rather than pick up a name like many do that is Japanese in nature to match the fandom I write in, I chose to stay with the name everyone knew me under. Later on, the 'sama' tag came about because of my lemon writing ability.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Velvet Sometimes
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
well, mine came from an old poem i wrote titled 'Velvet Sometimes' that got put in the school paper with a few other poems by various students. so people started to associate me with the poem.

and at the time i was also trying to create myself a new e-mail address. well, nothing i seemed to type in would work (or was taken) and i finally tried that and it worked. so after a while, all of my online stuff ended up under a variation that same name, as it was easier to keep track of that way. (for me and others)

i know, nothing very grand.

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
This is very interesting question, and I'd hate to be rude or anything, but I believe there already is a similar topic around.

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/20545-how-did-you-pick-your-name
It's a fair bit older though..

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I came up with mine several years ago before I made an account with my pen name. I came up with it because Blue Heavens was the name of one of the dog breeders where my Mom got one of our dogs from. I always thought it was a pretty name. I don't remember anymore where the angel part came from though. I tend to use BlueHeavensAngel or some form of the name for all my accounts now. I wish I would have thought to do that back when I made my DA account though.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Mine's pretty simple...it was a randomly generated name on the first MMORPG that I played for more than a week, DAoC and I picked it because I liked nicknames and this one has two . It's stuck all these years, nearly ten, because it was what both my, now, husband and my best friend know me by, both of which I met on the game. And if I didn't love the way my married name sounded, which is what I will be using when I get around to getting my novels published, then it would be what I would use as my pen name there too.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
Chie wrote:
This is very interesting question, and I'd hate to be rude or anything, but I believe there already is a similar topic around.

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/20545-how-did-you-pick-your-name
It's a fair bit older though..

U arn't being rude, but this particular post was made in order to answer a specific question, and r0o was just opening the field for others to generate input. ...sooooo, while your link is interesting, this thread wasnt created for the same purpose, even if the end result was the same.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
*shrugs* Adored the phoenix Fawkes from H.P, and created several pieces of fanart of the pretty birdie over the years. *points at icon* That's a cut from a piece of fanart drawn and coloured some time ago. Snip, snip and new icon. 'Pyre' comes from the mythos of the phoenix often building its own pyre when it comes for it to pass over, and the 'ite' is the ending of the mineral Pyrite or Iron Pyrite that's called 'fool's gold', looks like gold but isn't gold.

Logged Logged
Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Mine is the name of a flower...simple enough...

I do go by another name though...My WoW character is called Jenocyde, and I sometimes go by that...or just Jeno.

Logged Logged

I've claimed Kouga's Pretty Blue Eyes in the Dokuga Claim Game!
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
there really isn't anything clever or special to mine.

Mikki is my name and Moxy (or Moxie) is just a part of my personality. Nothin' special.

Logged Logged
Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
MoxyMikki wrote:
there really isn't anything clever or special to mine.

Mikki is my name and Moxy (or Moxie) is just a part of my personality. Nothin' special.

Au contraire...I think it's quite special.

Logged Logged

I've claimed Kouga's Pretty Blue Eyes in the Dokuga Claim Game!
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Had a cat named Kaos that I was really attached to about 10 yrs ago. So when she passed away my user name became Silent_Kaos and over the years has evolved into Khayos. Sometimes it'll be Silent_Khayos

Logged Logged
Nisou Tenshi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
Well, to explain where I got Nisou Tenshi, I have to talk about my old screen name which was Priestess Angel. I used that screen name when I was 14 and posted my first bit of fanfiction with it. Unfortunately, that didn't last long because RL decided to intervene. In the end, I mainly used it for forums and whatnot.

After awhile, I decided to try and get back into writing and posting fanfiction again. I wanted a new start with a clean slate so I decided to translate my username into Japanese. I did think about going by Miko Tenshi but I wanted something a little more creative so I looked for more translations on priestess. I found "nisou" so I became Nisou Tenshi.

Logged Logged

I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
'I Agree' started with Fanfiction.net. I didn't know what to choose so, after *headdesking* for awhile, I thought of the guidelines you had to agree to before you can be registered, and 'I Agree' was born.

Short, sweet, and simple, though other's have enjoyed shortening it even further. ^_^

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
Kitana Tsukino-hime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
Hmm, well mine (Though I am unable to edit my profile via cell phone.) is Inu Demoness Kitana. It was a process actually. I started as Wolf Sorceress on the Anime Chains forum, the original. Then I found and fell in love with the Sess/Kag pairing on FF.net. So Kitana-sama was born. Though that did not last long. When I started writing fics, I was inspired to create a character as an addendum to my fics based on Moi. Thus was the name Inu Demoness Kitana born.

Logged Logged

Sig/Story Archive Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer

Claim Game Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer
Speedy Tomato
Pup
graphgraph
When hunting up a name for this incarnation of myself, I needed to find something completely unrelated to what people know me by normally for various reasons I'm sure everyone either knows or can guess (the content of Sesshomaru's Princess as one example). While pondering the whole thing, I remembered there was a cat in the Stephen King book The Dead Zone by the name of Speedy Tomato. I think the name was mentioned once or twice in it since the feline wasn't really any kind of real character. When I first read that, I found the name to be a riot so when I need to come up with a name for this account I decided to use that. Since then I've also learned that Speedy Tomato is the name of a cellphone company in Denmark.

Logged Logged
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 22
Well I wish I could claim that it was original but it's not LoL. My actual s/n is sesshoumarusprincess cause I mean,come one...who wouldn't want to be his princess right lol? It's the same on IYFF.com and almost the same on FF.net. sesshoumarusprincess is just too darn long to type though so I just opted for my name to show up instead...so much easier

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
I Agree wrote:
'I Agree' started with Fanfiction.net. I didn't know what to choose so, after *headdesking* for awhile, I thought of the guidelines you had to agree to before you can be registered, and 'I Agree' was born.

Short, sweet, and simple, though other's have enjoyed shortening it even further. ^_^
lmao, that is AWESOME!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
sugar0o wrote:
lmao, that is AWESOME!

I'm glad you enjoy the stupidity of my logic. XD

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 66
The origin of mine was when I went to college and I would hang out in the University Center, which had several arcade games. It actually came about because of how I played video games, without showing any mercy on my opponents. The particular game was Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo and I was able to come up with so many gem combos which would KO my opponents. A fellow member of the Haitian Society saw how I played and started calling me "Demon Queen". I added the number 17 because my B-day is the 17th of October. Since then, it stuck.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
Mine began with a book I read when I was 7. Maybe 8. The title was Perloo the Bold, and about this shy mammal-thing that saved the kingdom or something. I loved the thought of this shy creature being contrasted with/becoming bold, and it stuck with me when I was creating a new email years later (mouseythegreat), which is what I use for RL. When I went into fanfiction, I chose the name darkmousey for my virtual life.

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Oh mine was thought long and hard.
But actually, only on Dokuga I use "Madison"

For the rest I use "Maddiesan". It started because I couldn't take Madison on ff.net. And so I thought I'd make it japanese-sey. And at the same time "Maddiesan" is sort of a pun on my name "Madison". And I dont know about all you English people, (lol) but in French, saying "Maddiesan" and "Madison" will sound the exact same way.

So yeah... "yay" for originality, lol.

Logged Logged

Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
The Sn I use here is not particularly interesting just a variation of the words only and me. The day I made it I was not feeling particularly inspired. But on many sites my SN has a much more interesting story. Most of the time I go by mi_saw. The story behind this is that it is the nickname my friends all call me. Now if any of you are Cambodian you know that misaw means white girl in Khmer. This came about because among my friends I was always the only white person in a sea of Cambodians. One day one of my friends was joking around and just started calling me misaw trying to get on my nerves. It stuck and ever since that’s what I have been called.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
I'm glad you enjoy the stupidity of my logic. XD

Stupid, no. Logic... odd. XD Mine nemesis.

As for my name... Ironically, I'm known throughout most of the web as 'The Sorrowful Vampress' or a variant of. I even started my account on here with that name (so if you're in chat and wonder why 'Itsy' is being called 'Vampy' by Wicked, you now know why). However, I used 'ItsyBitsySpider' as a screenname before TSV came around. I had chosen it for an online D&D rping group (which is now, unfortunately, closed).

I like spiders. If you've ever spoken with me, I bet I've mentioned I'm short... more so than most people. I am very petite. Incredibly so. Thus 'itsy bitsy spider' fits me alarmingly well. XD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/09 21:40 By ItsyBitsySpider.

It takes courage to kill, wit to avoid it and strength to never be tempted.
-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:the origin of the SN. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
darkmousey wrote:
Mine began with a book I read when I was 7. Maybe 8. The title was Perloo the Bold, and about this shy mammal-thing that saved the kingdom or something. I loved the thought of this shy creature being contrasted with/becoming bold, and it stuck with me when I was creating a new email years later (mouseythegreat), which is what I use for RL. When I went into fanfiction, I chose the name darkmousey for my virtual life.

Oh, that's awesome. Ironically, it's also the name of a character from DNAngel. xD

Logged Logged

It takes courage to kill, wit to avoid it and strength to never be tempted.
-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.