Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The essential fanfics
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The essential fanfics
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
I feel like I have discovered and read most of the all-time great Sess/Kag fics. Most I have read several times. Once in a while, I find one that I had previously overlooked, but the pickings are getting thinner at this point...

But I realize that there is a whole other world of InuYasha fanfics out there, the non Sess/Kag fics, which I have not delved into because I'm so into Sess/Kag.

So, does anybody out there have some recommendations for all time great NON Sess/Kag stories? I am stuck on Kagome, however. Not into Rin or Kikyo or Kagura as a female lead.

Two NON Sess/Kag stories that I have read were the amazing blockbuster fics "Lost and Found" and "The Lucky Ones". I have also read and enjoyed (very very much) Forthright's Miroku/Kag short stories. Any suggestions??????

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
I would say any of the fics by Luna Chick are a must. My favorites are The Ad and Through Rose-Colored Lenses (both IY/Kag). www.mediaminer.org/rss/f88198.xml

I would also recommend Temple of the Dog by Urdchan: mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/77340

Jazz the Wolf Demon: www.fanfiction.net/u/485042/Jazz_the_Wolf_Demon

Corporate Deception: Fate of Her Land by trusuprise: www.fanfiction.net/s/2055890/1/

Whoknoez (my favorite is 1025 FM): www.fanfiction.net/u/505489/

And last but not least Thousandfurs by RosieB (who has also written some amazing Sess/Kag): www.fanfiction.net/s/2624451/1/bThousandfurs_b

And I know you said no Sess/Kagura, and I'm not really a fan of the pairing either, but this one is a good read just for the characterization: www.fanfiction.net/s/1572507/1/bCall_b_bMe_b_bTomorrow_b

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
I have a few that I think are really good, they are of the Inutashio/Kagome pairing...which I love. It comes second to my love of Sesshoumaru/Kagome pairing.

Both of this stories are by the same author: LadyoftheHouseofMoon

My beloved, my mate, my only
www.fanfiction.net/s/5220265/1/

and

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil
www.fanfiction.net/s/5365129/1/

And the third fic is by the author: Kanna37

Wicked
www.fanfiction.net/s/6139593/1/

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Lilly Akame
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
I suggest Possession by Wheezambu. It's Inu/Kag and it's the first serious Inu/Kag fic that I read and it's great!

But it has a youkai InuYasha and a bitchy Kagome, but it is awesome

Possession by Wheezambu

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
Chasing Methuselah by Sandra E

Miroku/Kag

www.fanfiction.net/s/1284104/1/

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
Wow! Thanks, guys! scribbling notes frantically, on way to work...

Logged Logged
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
I can't believe I forgot about Torenza! My favorites of hers are 28 Days and Dead Famous. Again, Inu/Kag, AU, and some smut. www.fanfiction.net/u/252373/Torenza

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
I can't remember the stories name, but there was one story I read a long time ago that was Inu/Kag. It wasn't finished (at least, not at the time), but it was actually a crossover fic, and it was very long. All I remember is that it was like, 74 Chapters long, and some of the Crossover characters I think were Garion the Godslayer, Matilda the Witch, and a few others. Like I said, it was a long time ago, but I remember it being an awesome story.

Logged Logged

Landare
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 18
Walter205 wrote
I can't remember the stories name, but there was one story I read a long time ago that was Inu/Kag. It wasn't finished (at least, not at the time), but it was actually a crossover fic, and it was very long. All I remember is that it was like, 74 Chapters long, and some of the Crossover characters I think were Garion the Godslayer, Matilda the Witch, and a few others. Like I said, it was a long time ago, but I remember it being an awesome story.

I think this one is The Journey to the City of Endless Night by FarAwayEyes. A crossover between Inuyasha and the Belgariad/Mallorean series. It's a great read but massive; +500 000 words and counting.
The rating of this fic is 18+ so no minors.

If you don't mind reading crossovers I have another one for you: From Wishes to Eternity by Zerbinetta. Well written with a plot that avoids being cliché.
Kagome/Youko, Kagome/Kurama M. pairing.

Kagome, the eternal guardian of the Jewel, has no rest the afterlife, searching for the purest wish. When Youko Kurama decides to steal the gem, two paths twist into one. In an ongoing battle against a hidden enemy, their purposes might do the same...
Crossover - Inuyasha & Yu Yu Hakusho - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 43 - Words: 248,172 - Reviews: 220 - Updated: 5-19-09 - Published: 6-28-07 - Kagome & Kurama M. - Complete

The Lucky Ones by terri botta. An Inuyasha fanfic with an Inu/Kag pairing.
A long read; +400 000 words but well worth it.
The rating of this fic is 18+ so no minors.

This fic was my very first introduction to Inuyasha fanfiction: Stolen Soul by Kimberly-A. I still reread it now and then. It's a bit angsty, sometimes funny and, (to me), very sweet. Inu/Kag pairing.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
ChaoticReverie has a Fanfiction.net account, and has written a couple Narkau/Kagome stories, REALLY worth a look. There were a couple from a LONG time ago, and I cannot remember their titles. They were N/K and it was a realistic take on a romance blooming between the two. Naturally it was very angsty and the first didn't end well, but the second was a continuation that I dont think was ever finished. If you are open to it, I'd look in to some of those written by CR. However, they are M so no minors.

Logged Logged
lightstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The essential fanfics 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I can recommend a good Inu/Kag author, Maggz. Her story "When he was mine" is excellent.

inu.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=6714

Logged Logged

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.