Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Vent: Bed Hogs!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Vent: Bed Hogs!
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
Anyone else have a partner who just has absolutely NO bedtime manners?!

Its after 2am here in the great state of Texas, and I'm still wide awake thanks to the sleeping habits of my colosal husband! This man stands at about 6'4" and he's a good 250 lbs of broad shoulders and solid thick thighs. And when he sleeps he sleeps like King Shiba, all heavy limbs tossed this way and that.

I'm left with my tiny little northwest corner of this king sized bed, and find myself struggling not to get whacked onto the floor in some sad recreation of Carrie Brashaw punches Mr. Big season 2.

Nevermind the fact that he snores so loudly he could help NASA with a Lunar Landing. No need for satellite folks, just listen for the snores to direct you where to go!

Sheesh.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
I know this one well though not from a hubby, but two cats! I have a king-sized bed all to myself but I get to sleep in a tiny sliver of it next to the wall because the Evil Feline Overlords of the Universe have decreed that, thought they are much smaller than myself, but big for house cats, they need more room than I do thus taking up the majority of the bed. Heaven help me if I try to move out of my allotted space because that displeases them, something that will result in me being unable to sleep for the rest of the night because they will take that as a cue to play Thundering Herds Across the Serengeti for the time when I normally rest. Yes, I can assure you this is not a fun time and they do it on purpose to make certain that no rest is had by any occupant on the bed! My rants of 'I own the bed and can sleep where I want on it, your just cats and don't need that kind of room' fall upon deaf ears and the EFOotU just look at me like I have lost my mind.

I have even tried the solution of moving to the sofa to sleep, I know, that is just plain sad , however, they don't allow this and continue whatever 'game' (read that torment the Danyealle) they are pursuing across my body there just because I have displeased them by moving from where I belong. The walking up my body, running across me, lying on my head and face, sticking of the cold nose in my ear and purring guarantees that no rest will be had by me. So I feel your pain.

And, yes, cats snore, LOUDLY!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/13 05:31 By Danyealle-sama.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
lol your kitties sound awesome in that typical "though shalt bow before my awesome furriness" way that cats have. Mine is HUGE (no joke - when we go to the vet everyone, DR's, Techs, Patients, EVERYONE comes out to get a look at him. And he's not fat, just very LARGE. Like a very small Shiba Inu) and when the hubs is working night shift, he does the same things as yours (but I only have to contend with the noisey rompings of ONE cat). Although mine has made a new habbit that when the hubs is home and he cant get a bed spot, he goes into our bathroom and opens cabnet doors and lets them BANG shut until someone comes a brings him to bed. He's such a little s**t - but I love him to pieces!

Logged Logged
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
lol sometimes I wake up trapped cause of my fiancee (similar build haha). I'm claustrophobic so I always freak out until I can manage to either wake him up or push him off haha. He snores horribly loud too.

Dont even get me started with the critters. A queen bed is not enough room for the two of us and those four fur balls all think they can crawl in too!

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Ah, the oh so loveable bed hogs.

I don't share a bed with anyone now. But when I use to share a bed with people who were bed hogs, I would build a wall between us made out of pillows. Kind of childish, I know- but it worked and I didn't get treated like a teddy bear, kicked off the bed, or woke up with bruises.

As for the animals, honestly when it got really bad, I would just throw a treat out the door and close it when they leave, or I would feed them in another room and when they were distracted with that I would close my door and go to sleep. But, if your animal likes to scratch the door/vocalize their anger about that I'd just put my headphones in or turn up the volume to their TV until they give up XD

When I was painting and cleaning the carpet of my room I had to sleep on the floor in the living room(I just put my mattress down on the floor) and that night my cat Sassy decided to sleep with me on the bed. She always had to be right next to me, so I couldn't move over or anything. It was a pretty uncomfortable night.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
I too have the same problem both with hubby and cats! My hubby is 6'1 and very broad shoulder etc. and I'm constantly having to elbow him in the ribs to get him to move over. I feel like I'm in a cage fight most nights. And the snozing?! OMG! Sounds like a freaking grizzly bear growling! lol. Both my cats sleep on me also well. One has to sleep right on my stomach and the other right between my feet. Needless, to say its kinda uncomfortable. I've tried to shut them out of the room when I sleep but they will sit outside my door and meowing and scratching at it until I open the door! Can't get a break either way Oh, well I love them all to death either way!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
lol
If I get up for barely a second my husband rolls over into my spot, slapping his butt -blush- usually doesn't work so sometimes I have to try and shove him over. lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
LOL when my boyfriend and I share a bed he always complains that I take all the covers and most of the bed up. Hahaha.

Logged Logged
Kris Catastrophe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Vent: Bed Hogs! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
hahaha well i know what its like to y boyfriends not very big(maybe 5'5 ans 110 pound) but hes a bed hog and we have a cant and dog that insist on being on the bed between us the dog the most though. i kinda have to kick him just so i can have a spot xD. oh and as far as the cats opening things to get you up my mom cat srachs the doors so they hit walls he messes with the blinds and then crys and if that dont work he gets right on your chest hes like 25 pound so it wakes you up.

Logged Logged

haha my wesker beats your batman.....I WIN!!!!!!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.