Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Odd habits?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Odd habits?
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 0
Haha, when I walk on a sidewalk where its individual cement squares, I try to walk the same amount of steps in each one. ._.

I count on my fingers when I'm bored or ignored. My record? 3,476.

I will randomly type something on my phone or onto the computer so I can keep my hands busy. xDD

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 26
I like to pop the little circle things off from BENEATH plastic bottle caps and chew them.

I chew on the inside of my cheeks.

I constantly crack my knuckles.

I sometimes read character lines from books or fanfiction aloud to try and reproduce the tone and feeling so I can hear it for myself.

I like chewing on plastic straws too! XD

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
PitaBread
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 15
I twirl my hair. >.>

I'm 30, and I twirl my hair like a 15 yr old cheerleader. Ugh.

Logged Logged

Lemons and Reviews are love...
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 5
When I'm bored, I tend to click the edges of my mouth. Like, when you're clicking your mouth to get a horse's attention, I do that with both sides of my mouth, left side then right side. I just started doing it this year and I'm really trying to stop.

I also can't sit with my feet flat on the floor when I'm in a chair. I either have to cross a leg under another or cross my ankles.

What else...? Oh, this is a really weird one and it is going to be hard to explain. When I'm bored but stuck sitting somewhere, I make note of little things like hinges and door knobs and those plastic M&M shapped things to cover up screws. And when I find them all, I scrunch up my toes or twitch my fingers as if tapping out the things in Morse Code. Like door knobs and those plastic things are just quick twitches/flexes/scrunches, but hinges are held longer. Kind of like notes when you're playing the piano. I'll keep going around and around in some sort of shape just ticking them all off until I get distracted by something else. But once I start, I usually can't stop until I go somewhere else. It's weird, but I can't seem to stop doing it.

Logged Logged
Naraku
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 3
o_o While in the process of thinking, I normally talk to myself.. and answer myself. I get odd looks from the people around me, but I can't help myself. >>;

I bite my lips, and peel the dried skin from them when bored. [eternally dry and peeling lips, no matter how much chap-stick is used. Guess my saliva is a bit corrosive. It's corrosive enough to peel paint off walls... >>;;;]

When I had a tongue ring.. I used to click the shaft of it along my bottom teeth.

I gnaw on the ends of pens and straws.

During movies that I've seen previously, I tend to quote what the characters say.. all of it. And lets not forget the singing of the songs in the movies. <3 Disney movies and their music~ (:

If I'm waiting for something, be it a bus, for my job to close shop for the day, or a phone call, I'm normally walking in circles and figure eights.

Logged Logged

Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 8
I have many more habits that I do that were recently pointed out to me:

- If I'm sitting down I have to sit with my left leg under my right and twitch my left big toe.
- When I'm reading or writing I speak out loud and if it asks a question I'll answer it.
- When I go to bed at night, I have to turn the door knob twice and check the locks twice.
- I crack my knuckles (even though its sooo bad for me because of my arthritis)
- When I get in my car and buckle my seat belt, I have to give it a tug since to make sure it works.
- When I'm watching a movie and see something funny or embarassing, I have to pause it get up and run around the room before I continue watching it.
-When I eating I have to pull apart my food and examine before I eat it.

Thats about it I think but who knows!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 42
I have lots.. but just a few, Fiend I do that clicky noise thing too though not exactly in any specific order from left to right xD

I sometimes read random lines outloud while reading anything... almost did this while I was in a vid chat with someone... thankfully I don't think they noticed

My coffee... I like the creamer and sugar to be sprinkled perfectly in a pile in the middle, it can't touch the sides and it has to be stirred carefully. I really hate it when the creamer touches the sides of the cup and sticks there and gets all crusty...

I almost always tap my left foot, one time my friend yelled at me for it because I was shaking the car xD (her mom had really bad shocks)

I swear profusely at electronics but I think that might be normal.. .and sometimes I ask my computer questions aloud while I'm searching for things online

xD I'm sure I have more weird habits but those are just a few I could remember on the spot

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

PitaBread
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 15
Oh, I remembered something else... I can be really OCD at times.

When I used to wash my son's bottles at night (he's on sippy cups now, lol), I HAD to have them color-coordinated when i put them on the drying rack. The blue top had to be above the blue bottle, the green one above the green bottle, etc. I tried to mix them up once, but it drove me crazy and I switched it.

Also, my DVDs (and I have over 500) are categorized by genre, and then alphabetically. In other words, the comedies are all together, the dramas, action, anime, etc. And then by title. -w-

Logged Logged

Lemons and Reviews are love...
Eien-no-Melody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 3
I have alot of these:
restless legs
chewing straws
copying character faces onto mine
crack my fingers,my jaw, back, and toes
chewing off the dry parts of my lips
I used to bit off the skin around my nails, but that's nearly stopped after growing my nails out.

I HAVE to have my legs crossed when I'm sitting in a chair, particularly when I'm eating. I'll have one leg pulled up to my chest and the other down when I'm home. Otherwise, in public, I cross one foot under a thigh. I actually picked that up from my dad.

I HATE touching my food. It's actually more of a Korean thing. I rarely eat snacks and fast food since they're finger foods. I eat chicken FINGERS with a fork and knife. I didn't think this was odd until my friend pointed it out in a Hardrock Cafe.

I get alot of oil on my nose, so I'm consistently wiping it.

If I have to stand around, usually my right foot will come up and rest on my left leg.

A weird habit when I was a baby, I would only fall asleep to the sound of a vacuum cleaner.

I now nibble on my nails-not bite

If I accidentally break off a nail, I have to break them all off, or else it feels weird when I close my hands

I easily fall asleep with motion, that's why I'm not looking forward to learning how to drive.

...I have alot, and these are the only ones that I know of myself.

Logged Logged

Mitsje
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 5
When just standing around, like waiting for a bus, but also behind the register at work or when cooking, I tend to turn the undersides of my feet inwards, so that I am standing on the sides of my feet rathers than the soles. Apparently, my grandma did this too, so it might an inherited trait

I also gnaw on my lips when they are dry, till the point where they bleed.

My mom is super fixed on having books and dvds sorted by category, so all the disney movies are in the same space, etc.etc. My brother and I like to torment her by putting them in the place, or turning them upside down, and then watch her go absolutely crazy trying to find the one we misplaced. In my own room, however, I do the excat same thing as my mom, and I can't stand it if something is in the wrong place, haha.

I quote movies to the point where my friends and family actually don't want to watch a movie with me if I have already seen it, especially Harry Potter 1, because I know the script almost completly by heart. And I can't stop myself from actually speaking for all the characters.

Logged Logged
Karli
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Bad habits, huh I talk to myself, just comes out of nowhere mainly when im thinking seriously about something it totally bugs everyone i know

Logged Logged
peace.love.smiles
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I crack my finger and toe knuckles.
I don't touch public bathroom knobs and door handle. <---- germaphobia
I constantly touch my hair.
I rub my tongue across my teeth and the inside of my cheeks.
I'm ambidextrous. <--- Had to be I broke my right hand and had to learn to wrote with my left.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/12 12:35 By peace.love.smiles.

~ They say you can put a vampire flat on his back.
Garrett, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 32, p.624
Sammy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Well I don't know of any odd habits I have, but my sister used to grind her teeth while she slept at night. When we shared a room, the sound was sort of like fingernails scraping on a chalkboard.

Logged Logged
lightstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm usually right handed, but can be ambidextrous at certain times. At every meal I alternate which hand holds the fork and knives at least a few times.

I think they named restless leg syndrome after me.

I constantly pick at my cuticles.

Logged Logged

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.