Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Odd habits?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Odd habits?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
So, I have some odd habits that I never even gave a second thought until people around me kept pointing them out.

My main one is I like to chew on plastic straws(you know the one's that usually come with fountain drinks)sometimes bottle caps too

I really have no clue when I started it. But I do notice that I usually do it when I'm deep in thought, feeling anxious or stressed. My friends and family always make fun of me for it (asking what the straw ever did to me and such)

My other one is my right hand kind of just lays limp at my side. Not fully down(or straight), but it's like I'm just holding it bent(to my stomach) but the lower part just lays there Again I never noticed I did that until someone pointed it out. I don't know why, I guess it's just comfortable?

So do any of you have odd habits like that?(that you don't mind sharing) Do you know when you started doing them, or why?

(lol sorry, random subject but it just came to my mind XD)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
Sometimes when I'm thinking to myself, my face reveals my little conversation...I've been trying to curb that habit..

Logged Logged

Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I pace whenever I'm on the phone. It doesn't matter what the topic is or who's on the phone. I get up and pace. I don't really know when it started and I never noticed it until my hubby pointed it out to me.
I chew on my pencils when I draw. Only when I draw, not any other time. I noticed this one in high school when my best friend yelled at me for chewing on her pen. I think it started in middle school.

Logged Logged
Hawk
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
when i'm just standing around i hold my right arm behind my back. i dont know why i do it really. *shruggs* i just started it in high school and it followed my to college. my friends always say it looks like i'v been arrested and my arm wont go back to my side cause it was behind my back for so long >.> really, its just comfortable...

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
Oh, the number of things...

I chew the skin off my lips until I can't find anymore loose skin or they end up bleeding (it's kindof a when stressed habit, I've managed to stop myself doing it for a while but it starts up again).

You know those shopping trolleys you use in supermarkets? Instead of pushing them I tend to walk beside them pulling it forward by the side.

Apparently this one is fairly common, though I try to imagine it rather than actually do it in public: making the expressions of whatever you're drawing, I make poses or put my hand in poses (and then try to look at it from the right angel) to get some things in a drawing right.

I am told that I practically perform surgery on my food (actually I just pull it apart to see what it has in it).

Logged Logged
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 22
I bite the skin around my nails instead of my actual nails and i generally only notice when my fingers start to bleed.
I like to take walks when i'm thinking up plots and generally make the characters facial expressions/ hand movements/ start talking like them. I'm trying really hard to stop doing that one

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/13 11:38 By nowyouseemenowyoudont.

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
If I sit on a swivel chair (it doesn't matter if it is a barber chair or a office chare) I NEED to spin around a few times while sitting on it.

I like to touch things, expecially if it has a smooth surface. Rocks, staircases, coins, etc.

I have to buy sketch books. I have, like, 30 and each only have a couple of pages filled.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/14 04:15 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
Oh yeah, I forgot one. I also pace when listening to music in my room, I don't even know when I started it.

But I have to be moving, or the things around me have to be moving when I am listening to music.

Unless I'm at a show, because I am just standing in one place when listening to a band I get really hyper and giddy XD

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
I have a few odd habits one of them is for some reason I'll just stand on my right leg while my left is pulled up behind it (like how a flamigo stands). I have no earthly idea why I do that either! I'll be in the middle of the store and do that! Another habit I have is chew on the inside of my bottom lip when I'm either thinking hard about something or I'm stressed. I'm pretty sure I have other ones just haven't had them pointed out yet!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 34
I have a couple i guess...

-when i'm on a bus i have to have music blaring in my ears while i read a book (not that weird/odd)

-when i'm reading something that makes me smile or blush i tend to pull my t-shirt up over my nose

-every now and then it is easier for me to just walk on my tiptoes rather than on flat feet

-while walking somewhere i talk out scenes and conversations out loud as more than one person and thinkning of backgrounds and sob stories.

that's all i can think of right now i i can think of anything else i'll let you guys know.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
I rub my eyes a lot. Not cause they're itchy or anything; I just have this weird obsession of cleaning that slimmy fluid that runs from the eyes with the tip of my finger.

I tend to sleep on my side but I love falling asleep on my belly but with my butt tilted up. (Like when...you know -- I've had this habit since a child so don't think any naughty stuff ).

I crack my knuckles. And I try cracking any one else's knuckles. Ask my boyfriend about that... lol. (It actually makes me feel some weird pleasure! lol)

I also can't stand not cleaning my hands or mouth after eating or having anything to drink even if I did not touch the food. And I can't stand someone touching me without having washed their hands (even if they didn't touch the food either lol. Can't stand the grease...ew)

And I think that's all...

Probably they're not that weird habits ^^ The one that stands like a Flamingo is pretty funny though xD

Edit: Actually, it's the smell of the food that I can't stand on me, now that I think about it... lol (even if it faintly smells)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/14 12:16 By Krazy4Fluffy. Reason: adding something

The most beautiful souls are those which can be bared with love.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 34
I thought of another one

I cannot stand to brush my teeth after i have eaten something, if i'm going to brush my teeth it has to be before i eat anything. *shudders* just the thought of doing it makes me wanna run and hide, its soo wrong!

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Hawk
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
i just thought of one, when im taking a test my leg bounces (kinda common, but also a weird habit) and i cough randomly, like if something is funny (but not supposed to be) or when something annoys mean. just, randomly

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
Kirai -every now and then it is easier for me to just walk on my tiptoes rather than on flat feet

I do that too! And if I'm standing in one place very long period of time I go up and down on my tip toes like a ballerina. I can't stand being still for too long, it drives me insane!
Another I do is I have a tube of chapstick with me at all times regardless of where I'm going, etc. (I think that started when I started playing a instrument when I was younger and never broke the habit..)

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 40
Shae wrote:

I chew the skin off my lips until I can't find anymore loose skin or they end up bleeding (it's kindof a when stressed habit, I've managed to stop myself doing it for a while but it starts up again).

Lol. I do that too. My lips tend to get dry sometimes and it annoys me when they do, so I end up biting away at the loose skin.

Another odd habit I have, I guess, as my nephew says, I make gestures when I'm taking on the phone as if the person I was talking to is right in front of me.

But one habit that usually give me weird looks from my friends is when we go out to eat at a restaurant, I play collage with my leftovers. Usually, I make a smiley face or a funny face using whatever I didn't eat. If my plate is empty, I use the condiments. I once made a santa claus chibi with ketchup and mayonnaise, and another time, I made a pokeball. lol. Some of my friends though, will actually add their own touches of sillyness to my plate. :3

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
White Thorns
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I clench my jaw a lot. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, if I'm listening to music, walking somewhere, in the shower haha, and it's really starting to bug me cause my wisdom teeth make my jaw hurt, and clenching it just makes it worse, but I can't stop.

And I bite the skin off my lips until they hurt. And I chew my fingernails and the skin around them until it bleeds. I do all of these things without even noticing it until it's too late and it hurts. My the end of the day I'm pretty sore ha

Logged Logged

White Thorns
\"She makes the cutest faces when she screams obscenities
And slurs her words because she\'s never not inebriated\"
-Gym Class Heroes
MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
When i get bored i tend to flare my nostrils continuously. Its weird, but its something i do unconsciously.

Logged Logged
elisa128
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
When I wear head phones I have to chew on the cord I can never seem to stop my family just buys me head phones for gifts because I go through them.
I if I see an organized pile of papers I have to reorganized them so that they are disorganized I truly believe its because I like my life chaotic .

Logged Logged

I claim Hiten’s smirkCopy this code to your website to display this banner!

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” - Helen Keller
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
I rock back and forth, and I talk to myself and sometimes don't notice right away

Logged Logged
vacate
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I smoke, and every time I get a new pack I take the aluminum wrapping off the right side first, and turn the third cigarette in (going to the right from the left) upside down, and then proceed to smoke the cigarette directly to the right of the upside down one.

Logged Logged
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 58
I have OCD...

-so I count... EVERYTHING.
-I arrange/seperate by color.
-Buy things in even numbers or fives.
-tap... yeah, I'm a tapper, and it's usually a 3/4 cadence.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Rennie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 5
Hahaha oh i have habits but i'm not sure they're odd...
•I can't stay still in my seat. My leg will be bouncing,my knees will be hitting eachother, anything
•When i drink with a straw, I take the straw with my fingers, sip it, and then tap the top twice with my pointer, and then rub my fingers together
•I lick my food before i eat it but only for things i haven't tried or haven't had in a while. Just things i don't know how they'll taste or feel
•I can only fix my bangs in a certain way. My left hand sweeps them up to the left and then presses them down slightly, and then the middle finger sweep them off my eyebrows.
•I have a tendency to stop writing midword to go do something compltely unrelated to the story
•I like to sleep across the bed even though i fall asleep straight.
•I crack my knuckles, and my back, and my toes...everything, except necks
•I like walking up on the balls of my feet and will do that if i'm feeling happy, playfull, cheerful, or just plain positive
•I stick my tongue out whenever i'm super focused, like while playing the violin or putting on mascara
XD
Done!

Logged Logged
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 8
I work part time as a nurse and I try as often as possible to NOT touch my face with my fingers. I've got a ton of gross stories for why NOT, but I don't want to ruin anybody's food.

I have a Sesshoumaru keychain on the key I use to open the meds cabinet where I work. Everybody knows that's MY key.

Whenever I'm leaving the bathroom, I keep the paper towel in my hand and wrap it around the door handle to open the door and then throw it away. Not EVERYBODY washes their hands in a public restroom!

If I hear Josh Groban on the radio ANYWHERE, I stop and listen!

Here's MOAR habits to peruse. All kinds by all kinds of people. iamneurotic.com/

Logged Logged

Nat-a-wee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 5
Hahaha, my odd habits:
-I giggle really loud when my lashes tickle my cheeks. Everyone thinks I just randomly laugh
-I pase(sp?) badly when on the phone
-I hate it if I am sitting, and someone is standing near me. They HAVE to sit down, even if I dont know them
-I sometimes hum while I eat. Been curbing that habit
-When I text, I am totally unaware of EVERYthing else. This is also true for when I daydream and read a book.
-I whistle everywhere I go, and it REALLY annoys my spanish teacher.
-I have a slew of inside jokes, some literaly between myself and..myself. These will of course make me laugh at the most unconvenient times.
-I attempt to raise one eyebrow everyday several times a day, and always fail.
-I bite my nails..its sad
-I stretch, even when I forget that I am
-I list things in my head when walking down the hall, and you can tell because it looks like I am having a convo..with myself
-I quote movies and songs everyday
And those are just some..

Logged Logged

!!!Natalie!!!
MiHonoKo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd habits? 14 Years ago Karma: 2
I do the straw thing too!
Also when reading or writing I find myself doing the facal expresions that the charcters are.

Logged Logged

A Demon\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s wife
The Dominant Heart
Powerless Against the Shikon curse
Powerless To Stop
Koishii no Hana
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.