Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
SNOW DAY!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: SNOW DAY!!!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
So, I live in North Ga. And most schools have today off b/c of Snow and Ice. So i was wondering what you do on a snow day?

I slept in b/c of the lack of rumbling buses. There's a highschool LITERALLY across the street from me. so i always wake up unless I'm dog tired. but i JUST got up today.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
*pouts* Unfortunately since I work in a hospital in NYC, I'd have to report to work, unless the MTA system was completely shut down with at least 1-2 feet of snow on the ground that resulted from a blizzard. But if there ever was a snow day, I'd stay at home, surf the net, play games (PC, PS, PSP), read and write fanfic, watch TV and so forth.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 14:37 By DemonQueen17.

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I am in Seymour, Tn and my daughter is a optical manager at Sam's Club Knoxville east and she called me and said they had over 30 call in so far. All managers have to go in no matter what the road conditions are. As for what to do on snow days. umm if you are a writer of fanfiction may I say please write another chapter or two. As a reader of your fanfiction, I read said fanfictions and drink hot choco on snow days and bake cookies.

Logged Logged
Arwyn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
alas we had snow where I live; it was very pretty coming down at 3am. However, I snicker at all those hoping to get out of school... ...not only was it just a dusting but it had melted by the time I peered out the window when I woke up finally.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
I live in Finland, it's unusual if there ISN'T snow during the winter, so it doesn't affect our lives so much. It's so unfair, in my life not even once has the school been closed due to snow. And I can tell you, it's not fun going to school by bicycle in the morning when the road has not yet been cleared of that 5 inches of fresh snow. But that was back in the days I still went to primary and upper secondary in my home town... The town I live in at the moment is right by the coast and is in almost as south as you can get in my country, so there's less snow there than elsewhere in the country.

But if such a miracle would happen that I wouldn't have to go to school because of snow, I'd laze around at home, drink lots of tea and watch the snow fall. :3

Logged Logged
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We have snow - quite a bit - and it's -11, but I still have to go to my one afternoon class. Ah well. I think I can suffer for 1.5 hours. No big. It would take a blizzard to shut down the university.

Logged Logged
Inusbabe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Live in NC...
We were expecting a snow day but it didn't happen only a delay for schools
I came to work on time. But I would be on my cell phone using the web program... don't have a computer at home

Or watching TV with my daughter

Logged Logged

Nisou Tenshi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
I live in northeastern Alabama so snow is fairly rare. Snow falls from five to maybe eight times a year so as a result schools around here are usually lenient with snow days. In fact, I'm having one right now because my college closed down for Thursday and Friday because of weather conditions.

So far, I have just been glued to the computer, trying to work on Unlikely Heiress, drinking hot cocoa, listening to music, and watching lots of TV.

Logged Logged

Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 27
South Texas here...so what's snow? What's this mythical substance you speak of that gets one out of work and school? Send some my way? Pretty please!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Texanlady wrote:
South Texas here...so what's snow? What's this mythical substance you speak of that gets one out of work and school? Send some my way? Pretty please!

Ah, ha ha ha!! Um, yeah... wait... NO!!! You people can't handle the white stuff, really. If we sent you snow, you would have beau coup traffic accidents and other nasty, deadly stuff to contend with. That would be worse than just sucking it up and going to work, methinks.

So sorry, m'dear... I'm thinking you should stick to the heat waves and armadillos... the frozen white stuff may look pretty, but is way too deadly for those unaccustomed to its vagaries! LOL!!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Michigander here... school doesn't close unless we have at least 6 inches with blowing and drifting. Where I grew up, in the lake effect snow belt, school didn't close unless it was closer to 8 inches with the blowing and drifting! Work never closed unless there were blizzard warnings making it illegal to drive - or the parking lots were too choked to park in!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 15:53 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: I forget things I wanted to say - a lot!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
I live in Iowa and a couple weeks back we got 17 inches of snow and then a couple days ago 5 more inches. Snow is the devil

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
Well, we DID get 6-8 inches of snow yesterday, but I live in Michigan and all that means to us is drive slower and try to avoid the drivers who have no brains. I have had snow days, and I've spent them reading, watching TV, working on projects or doing housework.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and no snow for us today. Although, my classes were canceled today (Girls got hit by bus at the college bus stop, and they died on the spot). But, this was sad, and I would have much preferred snow.

On snow I usually snuggle under my blanket, or I force my fiance to stay home, and hang out with me (only works 0.01% of the time, since he has to work no matter what the weather is -he's a cop). So, I'm usually by myself at home... writing, or watching tearjerker movies with the dog.

Lol.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
DemonQueen17 wrote:
*pouts* Unfortunately since I work in a hospital in NYC, I'd have to report to work, unless the MTA system was completely shut down with at least 1-2 feet of snow on the ground that resulted from a blizzard. But if there ever was a snow day, I'd stay at home, surf the net, play games (PC, PS, PSP), read and write fanfic, watch TV and so forth. That is an advantage of being a Southern from Ga down, we freak out at any snow or threat of ice... Once when i was in highschool it was jsut too cold to go to school. It was like 11 degree's outside, and all the pipes in the school were frozen. No school cause we couldnt run water >:3 even our buildings arent meant for such temperatures. Northern-ers really laugh at us... about it but oh well.. :3 if we had a foot of snow, we'd probably consider it a blizzard @_@

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I live in Cincinnati,Ohio. And Yeaterday we got i think 4-5 in of snow. YAy!!! I couldnt play in it because I was at the hairdresser and then I had to go to work. I didnt have classes yeaterday so I didnt have to worry about my school being close. On snow days I usual go play in the snow with my niece and watch tv,play video games with my bro.

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Texanlady wrote:

Ah, ha ha ha!! Um, yeah... wait... NO!!! You people can't handle the white stuff, really. If we sent you snow, you would have beau coup traffic accidents and other nasty, deadly stuff to contend with. That would be worse than just sucking it up and going to work, methinks.

So sorry, m'dear... I'm thinking you should stick to the heat waves and armadillos... the frozen white stuff may look pretty, but is way too deadly for those unaccustomed to its vagaries! LOL!!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Michigander here... school doesn't close unless we have at least 6 inches with blowing and drifting. Where I grew up, in the lake effect snow belt, school didn't close unless it was closer to 8 inches with the blowing and drifting! Work never closed unless there were blizzard warnings making it illegal to drive - or the parking lots were too choked to park in!
Its this wonderful white stuff that falls from the sky, but you shouldn't eat it, and avoid it if its yellow at all costs. And if you live in Ga it gets you out of work and or school. seriously i can still see the ground, we just got a powdering of it, but the ice is what got school off for today! >:3 even better though seriously if its too cold some schools wont even bother making people come in, b/c of ice, or frozen pipes. It pays to live in a state were frozen precipitation freaks people out <3 and Wiccan you'd laugh at us for sure >:3

its so cold my puppy doesnt even want to go out. he keeps crying at me to go out, then he gets outside and he's like O_O too cold! *goes back in* its all of 19 degree's here.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
My nephew, born and raised in Michigan, moved to Portland, Oregon, and didn't believe us when we told him that everything would close down if there was only a dusting of snow. He emailed us exclaiming that there were no more that 10 flakes of snow on the ground and the city of Portland closed down, calling it an Act of God Day.

Where I used to work, my boss drove an AWD vehicle, so she wouldn't call to close work unless the snow was 10-12 inches. I was already on my way to work, driving my minivan, when she called my cell phone to tell me that she was closing the office. LOL

Wiccan is right, though, you folks who aren't used to snow are better off without it. It does make for a beautiful view, but it's cold, wet, messy and heavy!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Being from Wisconsin, originally, I have been used to snow for as long as I can remember. School wasn't closed down often, but when it was you know it was bad. Now that I'm in Texas, snow is something I can really only dream about. In the four years I've lived down here, I think it has snowed less than 15 times. It has snowed three times this year, which has been cool. The daycare I work at closed early over Christmas holiday, and just yesterday (Wednesday), we opened a few hours late. Bitter cold and not getting above freezing.

When I get to be home from work on these abnormal days, I lounge around and play with my son. I usually try to get some chores done that I don't normally get to do. I've also been working a lot on my oneshots. *coughs and looks at r0o's GM Challenge*

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Rowdys Girl wrote:
...the city of Portland closed down, calling it an Act of God Day.
Wiccan is right, though, you folks who aren't used to snow are better off without it. It does make for a beautiful view, but it's cold, wet, messy and heavy!
hahahahaha Act of god! i was born in New Orleans its the same thing there. when/if it snows, people take out camera's and take pictures. it snows about once ever 60 years there...
@_@ as for Wiccan being right! you have no idea. the pup finally decided it was okay to go out, and sure enough he got me on black ice, and i now have a bloody knee....
T_T its throbbing..
maybe this is a sign i'm supposed to sit and write rather then clean up my home...
my jeans are fine though...
just the knee @_@

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 16:35 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 27
Lol r0o - rest some!!!

We had a snow day and a delay right before christmas break when all the teachers were trying to fit in tests. Cancellation of school = cancellation of tests.

Long Island, NY doesnt get ungodly amounts of snow, but if you live upstate... yikes!!

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Nisou Tenshi
Whelp
graphgraph
That is an advantage of being a Southern from Ga down, we freak out at any snow or threat of ice... Once when i was in highschool it was jsut too cold to go to school. It was like 11 degree's outside, and all the pipes in the school were frozen. No school cause we couldnt run water >:3 even our buildings arent meant for such temperatures. Northern-ers really laugh at us... about it but oh well.. :3 if we had a foot of snow, we'd probably consider it a blizzard @_@

Lmao. It's the same here over in Alabama. If the weather channel ever mentions snows, everything closes left and right. It's hilarious but I love it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 16:50 By Nisou Tenshi.

Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Well, I'm past high school - thank god for that - some people will tell you you'll miss it but I still don't...

Anyway, here lately there've been loads of snow days, we've gotten a four or five feet of snow in the last few weeks...so yeah, it's piled anywhere they have space for it...and it's running out - space that is.

Good times.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Same here in Mississippi! You mention snow/ice everyone flips out. They run to the stores and stock pile on everything! Too funny! Only North Mississippi got snow, where I'm at didn't even get any, it was just too frickin cold! We needed a good freeze though maybe the bugs won't be so bad this summer now.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
POOR r0o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it feels better SOONEST! Silly puppy!

My "duppy" (Dumb Puppy) had his surgery on Wednesday so he has a cone on his head... and manages to scoop tons of snow into it when I take him outside. So I have to wipe the whole thing out before we go back in the house. Brrrr!! Just for giggles... here's a pic of poor, sad Duppy with his cone on his head yesterday...

Isn't he pathetic??

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Inusbabe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SNOW DAY!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Snow!!!!!!! There goes the milk and bread!!!! WalMart supercenter was PACKED last night at the threat of 1 inch!!!! Then NOTHING happened

r0o did you steal NC's ice/snow?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 17:27 By Inusbabe. Reason: adding something

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.