Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New Moon ROCKS!!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: New Moon ROCKS!!!!
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
The movie was much better than I expected! I wasn't all that impressed with the first one, and felt they left a lot out that made the story what it was, but New Moon totally blew my expectations away. Of course a lot was left out again, but it was just more on par with the story than the first movie. It was actually funny too! There were intense moments of course, and I really felt for Bella, but overall the movie was soooo much better than I thought it was going to be!

Ending is great!

Of course we all know what is going to happen anyways!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
I agree--I loved this second movie. So much more action in it xD

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
lol

Logged Logged

MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
New Moon was amazing!!!! I loved it! I cant wait for Eclipse this summer!

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Me too--it comes out somewhere close to my birthday!!!! YAY!!

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I'm going to see New Moon on Sunday! I can't wait! Glad I've heard good things about it so far!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 66
I'm waiting until the hype has died down a little bit. I don't think it's safe for my ears at the moment since the movie just came out with all the Twi-hards out there.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I was one of those people to stand in the mile long lines at midnight last night...I suffered through the workday

I was really iffy about the 1st movie for the same reasons - all the details got left on the editing room floor, so I was leery about this one but I like Weitz's direction. He shortened what needed to, added explanations for questions left unanswered til Breaking Dawn and explored the real cruxes of this book - unrequited love and wolf boys

I think I just may have to see it again...at a respectable hr and not on a work nite.

Logged Logged

Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22
i didn't really enjoy the first movie, after all they skipped right over the meadow scene, possibly the most iconic scene in the movie. but if you guys say the second one is better then i'll go see it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/21 08:10 By nowyouseemenowyoudont.

Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
Oh it's totally better! Like I said I was thoroughly disappointed in the first movie. They left so much of the important stuff out and kept some not so important stuff in. My opinion. But this one is SOOOOO much better. A littel fast paced, but they did have a lot to put in there. I think the movie director, producers and everyone else were listening when fans complained about Twilight last go around and took our advice not to leave so much out.

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
It was a good movie. The only issue I had was with the wolves. When they transformed, it looked like they were digi-volving.

And I wish they were bi-ped. I have a strong distaste for quadra-ped werewolves.

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
I only watched the first movie just because I was bored and curious and I hated it n.n the only characters I liked were Jacob and Alice and I'd probably only watch the second movie just to see them n.n

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
InuYoukaiLiz...Im glad im not the only who doesnt really care about Twilight. I felt like i was from outerspace. Thanx for the reassurance that iam human.

Logged Logged
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
so i went to see it... it wasn't as much of a let down as twilight. But i was laughing my head off at the fan girls who 'awwed' at the romantic parts. When Jacob took off his shirt one girl went 'phwoar!' and i dissolved into giggles.

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Couldntbekeener3 wrote:
InuYoukaiLiz...Im glad im not the only who doesnt really care about Twilight. I felt like i was from outerspace. Thanx for the reassurance that iam human.

Yay another sane person! *cheers* Everyone knows real vampires don't sparkle

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/21 20:56 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz knows vampires! Keep quiet or you'll be pounced on by fan girls...
Lol, it was so funny the cinema was filled with squealing twelve year olds, i felt old, and i'm only nineteen. but I've got to admit to wanting to not getting all the hype to do with the movies, they aren't really that good
*ducks shrapnel from angry Twi-hard fans*

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Lol--me too!!! I think that was the best part--laughing at the fan girls squeal hehe

Aimee Blue wrote:
so i went to see it... it wasn't as much of a let down as twilight. But i was laughing my head off at the fan girls who 'awwed' at the romantic parts. When Jacob took off his shirt one girl went 'phwoar!' and i dissolved into giggles.

Logged Logged
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
When I think of vampires i tink of Gary Oldman or Buffy (lol) and how no matter what vampires are bad even if there head over heels in love they will rip out ur throat. thats my kind of vampire with no sparkles!!!! Thats probably why tweens go crazy..the sparkles.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 42
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
Couldntbekeener3 wrote:

Yay another sane person! *cheers* Everyone knows real vampires don't sparkle

*hugs you both* Yus! This is true.. they explode in daylight not sparkle xD I haven't read the books or watched the movies but there is a bit of allure to the werewolves in it but I dunno if that outshines the squeeling twelve year olds enough for me to see it.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 47
Couldntbekeener3 wrote:
When I think of vampires i tink of Gary Oldman or Buffy (lol) and how no matter what vampires are bad even if there head over heels in love they will rip out ur throat. thats my kind of vampire with no sparkles!!!! Thats probably why tweens go crazy..the sparkles.

Don't forget about Kiefer Sutherland and Jason Patric. No sparkly vampires there, and they died proper, gruesome deaths when staked through the heart or sprayed with holy water.

I haven't seen either of the movies and absolutely refuse to watch them. Don't get me wrong, I read the books and liked them, but all of the books (Do there really need to be three different versions of the same book?), games, DVDs, car ads, and toys that I encounter every day at work has just put me off of the series, completely. There is a point where there is just too much of a good thing. For me, I think that was when I first saw an Edward Barbie doll.

Sorry about my rant. Maybe someday, years from now when the hype has died down, I will watch them.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Ariana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I went to see New Moon at the midnight showing as was one of the crazies waiting in a line that would have made Six Flags proud. I loved the movie. Yes, they left things out, but producers and directors have many more constraints than a writer does and I respect that. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but it sort of grew on me after a while.
As for the discussion about 'real vampires' or 'actual vampires' I am amused as vampires, no matter what happens when they step into the sun, are fictional and are under the author's realm of creativity. I give Stephanie Meyers a lot of credit for coming up with something original yet not gruesome that would appeal to almost all ages. Kudos to her for addressing such an issue in the myth instead of disregarding it completely.
Also, I forget who mentioned that they wished the werewolves were bipedal, but if you have read the books, it is clarified that the wolves are not in fact werewolves but shapeshifters. Their ancestors could have chosen any form, but the wolf was a coincidental choice. The moon tends to hold sway with werewolves in accordance to the myth, but the wolves in the Twilight series are not connected to the phase of the moon. Therefore, instead of being bipedal like they are in Underworld, these wolves are shapeshifters and would retain the actual form of a wolf.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
I only watched the first movie just because I was bored and curious and I hated it n.n the only characters I liked were Jacob and Alice and I'd probably only watch the second movie just to see them n.n

Omigod. I love you. I mean, I don't want to be a wet blanket for those who like the series. If you like it, that's cool. But the whole Twilight thing... I just don't like it. I'm a fan of strong women, and Bella is kind of a milk sop to me and Edward is just creepy. (He sneaks into her room and watches her sleep. EEK!) But that doesn't mean others can't enjoy it and such. I did like Jacob. The actor that plays him actually lived in a town near where I live, so I feel like I have to support him. YOU GO GUY THAT PLAYS JACOB!

Anyway, it's nice to not be alone.

Logged Logged
Rachel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
I loved Twilight for all of a month - then I saw True Blood.

'Nuff said.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/22 16:07 By penshipwoman.

\\\"Godlike\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2966/1
\\\"Cell Block Tango\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2700/1
\\\"After All\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2626/1
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Rachel I so totally agreed with you! I love True Blood! But I did go see New Moon and it was definitely alot better than Twilight. Of course the "werewolves" were different than I'm use to seeing in movies (Underworld). But of course if one reads the books it mentions that they are shapeshifters not actual werewolves whom only change during the phases of the moon itself.

It was a good movie. I did bursted out laughing though because at one point Jake took his shirt off and I heard somebody shriek and start clapping. lol I could only laugh but then again I'm 26 and going to see a movie that has tons of teenagers, tweens, etc. screaming about. Man, do I feel OLD!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Moon ROCKS!!!! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Ok so I haven't read the book but I plan to before I see the movie on wednesday for my friends birthday. Do you think the lines will have died down by then?

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.