Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
PLEASE HELP!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: PLEASE HELP!!
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 40
Some of you may have heard that the Philippines had just experienced the worst tropical storm in Manila for at least the last 20 years.

Hurricane Katrina rainfall = 380mm in Louisiana
Typhoon Ondoy rainfall = 410mm in Manila

It's about a month's worth of rainfall in only 6 hours.

In some areas, the flooding's so bad that entire vehicles have been swallowed up. In some of the worse off areas, floodings have reached as high power lines. Thousands have been stranded on the roof of their own house, no shelter, no food, no clean water. Hundreds have lost their lives, and there are many more who are still missing.

If you can, please click on the link below for more information. Included at the bottom of the journal entry is a list of international donors where you can donate even just a little to help someone in need. Even just a little prayer can help.

behindinfinity's Journal: THE PHILIPPINES NEEDS YOUR HELP

Thanks everyone. This means alot. I was born and raised on Saipan, but my family's from there. My brother and other relatives are there, so I'm terribly worried.

Again, thanks everyone. Let's all pray for the better.

-Rikayu

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
Wow...thanks for bringing this to our attention. Ike tour up my little corner of Texas and we're still recovering so I know how devestating a natural disaster like this is. I'm headed over to the site you provided to donate now.

I hope your family is safe and that you hear from them soon. You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Sincerely,

Texanlady

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I have been seeing the news reports. I hope your brother and family are ok. The people of the Philippines have been in my prayers since I first heard about it. I will add you and your family to them.

There are a great many organizations that are rushing to help and taking donations. I know that you have recommended a site. I am assuming you have knowledge of this site and trust it.

I would like to caution anyone who chooses to donate through a site other than the one recommended. Be careful. Just like in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, there are those unscrupulous monsters that will claim the donations are going to the relief effort, but seek only to line their own pockets. Make sure you donate to a trusted organization so that it will go where you intend and where it is needed.

God bless you and your family. Please keep us updated.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
I don't know if any of my Filipino relatives are in Manila but if they are I hope they're okay

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
TruGemini
Pup
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I send up prayers for your family. My family lives near the Gulf of Mexico and saw the wall of water before it hit the house in Gulfport, MS during Katrina. I'll go take a look at the site as well.

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 40
Thanks everyone... It really means alot.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
D.S Anno
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:PLEASE HELP!! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
My heart goes out to everyone there.

Logged Logged

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself...or a monster...or an alien...ooh ooh Alien vs Predator but that is just cool, not scary at all.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.