Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Drama alert!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Drama alert!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 91
Now that i have your attention... I knew that that topic would grab you
Just as something to have fun with...

What is your favorite dramatic part of the series/manga? Now, how could it be improved, changed, done differently, ended differently, etc? Or was it just perfect and should be left alone?

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 58
I went ahead and hid my favorite moments so as not to spoil anything for newcomers, but they show a major character growth in Sesshoumaru and him coming into his own, these moments I felt gave his character depth and made him more than a 2 dimensional bishounen that he started out as in the manga

Warning: Spoiler!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/19 05:30 By inali.

I like researching stuffs...
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 51
Dany, you nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw the title. I was like "oh boy..."

My favorite part of the anime was when that creepy little baby found the darkness in Kagome's heart. To me, it made her a much more real character.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 91
hehehe i did that on purpose it was an attention grabber

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Danyealle wrote:
hehehe i did that on purpose it was an attention grabber

No, Dani, that was more like a heart attack waiting for a place to happen. I almost fainted when I saw the heading.

I'm too old for this kind of excitement this late at night... but my take is that Takahashi-san really could have ultimately hooked up Kags and Sesshou. I still think that makes more sense than what she did at the end of the manga.

Oh well, such is life, eh?

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
hehehe you can throw marshmallows at me if you want now for it

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 51
If RT had Sesshoumaru survive to the modern era, and committ suicide by garbage disposal, and had a platoon of necrophiliacs run in and violate him, it would have made more sense as what she did at the end of the manga.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
*chuckle* Okay, I'll grant you, it was a terrific ploy to attract attention.

Still, I'm saving the marshmallows for S'mores on the Fourth of July. Empty Coca Cola bottles for you, m'dear!

Or, maybe not. We get $.10 deposit back on each bottle here in Michigan... hmmm. I guess you get off scot-free this time!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
hehehe thanks! Coke bottles actually might hurt

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Miss Kagura wrote:
If RT had Sesshoumaru survive to the modern era, and committ suicide by garbage disposal, and had a platoon of necrophiliacs run in and violate him, it would have made more sense as what she did at the end of the manga.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I agree wholeheartedly!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

sweetest angel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Miss Kagura wrote:

I totally agree!

when I finished the manga, I just stayed looking at it, stupidly may I add, trying to process what I was seeing. I was like and? that's all? it's end like that?! Even now I'm still traumatized! lol

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Yeah, the ending was horrid. I knew i was going to hate whatever was coming when Kouga just vanished. I don't know where RT came up with that ending but it was about as bad as it got and was like a slap to the face of all those that had followed it and the anime for so long. It sucked!

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 78
That's why we have to write our own ending. Kind of like those interactive children's books. If everybody on Dokuga just took the ending of the manga, and then used it as a jumping off point, it would be so fun to read what came from it!

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -666
The ending by the time it came was super rushed. I'm thinking she was tired and in the ten plus years she's been writing her mangas, she hasn't gotten any younger. Considering all of the series she's written, I doubt Takahashi will be doing another long one and will instead be heading off for retirement before long. At least, that's my take on the ending.

As a whole, none of you should be surprised by how the story ended. She has a penchant for lackluster, open-ended finishes. Ranma 1/2 is an excellent case in point. Inuyasha has more of an ending than that story.

And I'll say this in the most affectionate of ways, Takahashi is a hack, a lovable, awesome hack but one none the less. Her characters though are her strongest suit and that's why they're so much fun to play with.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread.

A lot of us, myself included, were disappointed with the ending of Inuyasha. I too was one of the people who just stared stupidly at the final page wondering how could it could end that way.

It was thoroughly anti-climatic and terribly unsatisfying, leaving more than a few unanswered questions. Le Sigh. I would create my own alternate ending, and draw it out in manga form if I just wasn't so gosh darned LAZY!!!

Well, it's not just laziness that's holding me back, I can't use my tablet right now. Hehehe...

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
@_@ @ dani mean!!! but amusing! ^_^

As for what i loved about the anime/manga well i hafta say i cant really remember too much, one moment that i did love was early on when it was just Inu/Kags, and she's asleep, before she loves him, he gets all close to her face, and she wakes up by slapping him, then goes back to sleep mumbling "Sit." i loved that.

i also loved the way Kagura died. I'm not saying i didn't like the char, i thought the imagery was actually very beautifully tragic. Of all of her work, to me, Kagura's death was kinda a sparkling moment in the lazy teenage-highschoolesk-work that RT usually puts out. I think that her death was sad, tragic, and to me the moment i really wanted to see animated more then any in the whole series. :l too bad we never got to see that.

As for what i didn't like... >_< too much fluff! the whole thing was just too much at times, and the ending, i'm not even going to get started on. its not just lackluster, anti-climatic, its just unreal even in such an anime world. Chase jewel for maybe 8 months, 6 of those you have golem clay dead thingy wanting to kill you, only to it die and not give you back your soul, ....

i looked Kikyo's stolen part never went back to kagome,

....and then you finally beat him[*naraku] only to tell the jewel to go away, thusly a selfish wish but some how its "right" and then you go back to highschool so that you can make mom proud, only to go back later and become Kikyo's replacement in every way again? i could rant.... but i wont go any more. I write i think b/c RT stopped doing her job about 2 years before the manga ended. too many plot holes, and just a crappy, " oh i wanted to make kagome happy." ending... BLEH!

info: adinuyasha.thebrokenconsole.com/QSPg09.html
interesting RT short manga: adinuyasha.thebrokenconsole.com/Unmei_no_tori/unmeipg01.html

- r0o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/19 23:04 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Drama alert! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I so agree with sugar0o on kagome being kikyo's replacement. i hated the whole kagome has kikyos soul so she has to be with inuyasha. I deffinetly wouldnt be with a guy who loved me because i have his dead loves soul!!! Im not a big enough person to get over that.

i loved how Kouga saw how loyal and kind Kagome was before he declared his love for her...def one of my fave characters.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.