Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How did you pick your name?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How did you pick your name?
akane342
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I used to be a Ranma 1/2 addict before I was pulled to the Inuyasha side. I thought Akane's name was easy and simple so I decided to use it in chatrooms a few years back. I'm a much bigger Inuyasha fan than Ranma 1/2 now but the name just stuck.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sesshoumaru's Lady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
My name on the FF site is: Kakashi and Sesshoumaru's Lady because I love these silver haired men!
When I came here to Dokuga, it wasn't appropriate to use Kakashi's name on a Sesshoumaru and Kagome website so I dropped his name and kept it as Sesshoumaru's Lady.

Also it helps to keep it simple for me when I bounce back and forth between the sites. LOL!

Logged Logged

Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Well my boyfriend calls me his blue eyed angel, so I took the Angel part and my favorite animal which are tigers( Tora in japanese) and put them together. My original name on AFF.net and a couple of other sites is Inu because I couldn't think of anything better.
I like to use Angel online because for awhile I had trouble with some guys from my high school harassing me and they didn't know my nickname from my lovely boyfriend, so it was the perfect cover!!

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
LC Rose wrote:
You all keep saying how bad or retarded your stories are, but I am finding them all quite fascinating! Thank you for telling them!!

I agree. I like reading them.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Chasing Blue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
My name has absolutely nothing to do with the Inuyasha series. Basically, the name chasingblue came from my being in my car one day, it was a gorgeous day outside with clear blue skies and I was just wishing that I could forever find myself "chasing blue." Stupid, I know, but there was just this feeling of contentment that came over me.

Logged Logged
Phirst
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
It's always interesting reading how others come up with their names.

I've had quite a few usernames, but Phirst has been my username on many a site for a few years now. Originally it was First, which I received from friends. I was very competitive in most aspects of my life, so my friends started calling me First 'cause I "always had to be first". When I started using it as a username I was very much into RPing. Some people starting getting confused by it while RPing, so I changed it to a phonetically spelled version, hence Phirst.

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
My name took some time to think of actually. I wanted something different and unique once I started become more active online. I wanted my user name to be related to good 'memories'. For much of my high school life people called me Pure Evil Angel. I decided to use angel in my name and when I thought of memories I had to tweek the angel part...hence Angelic.

Logged Logged

LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
You all keep saying how bad or retarded your stories are, but I am finding them all quite fascinating! Thank you for telling them!!

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
I took mine from a fan fic I wrote a long time ago. I wanted something that sounded exotic and well, [ blushes crimson ] Oroyukae was a main character that was powerful , exotic , fierce , wise and got the leading man. One guess who it was ?? Man , can't believe I told that ... NO ONE KNOWS [ sssh!!!]. Lame huh?

Logged Logged
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 32
*snickers* peach hair... it's better than green, which is what mine turned when I tried to lighten it with that 'Sun-In' crap when it first came out... I'd been using it for about a week, and then went swimming...BAM... my hair looked like I'd used lime jello to try and color it... at least that's what I thought anyway.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 25
How I got my name. It is really stupid, actually. I was attempting to bleach my hair at home, which is never a smart thing if you have light black hair. I don't know what went wrong, but by the time all was said and done, my hair went from ash black to the worst. peach. color. evah. Of course my friends were total otaku, and I got labeled Momo, or peach.

The desu part was tacked on later. It means, basically, 'to be' or 'I am'. Slap it all together and you have 'I am Momo'.

Logged Logged
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 32
Mine... well, before I began reading fanfiction, I was very much into NeoPets with my son... on one of the forums, a girl was abandoning her account and I took it over... the user name was 'jaded_samuri'... it stuck... and when I found the IY fanfiction fandom, I added my absolute favorite character to my name.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 66
Hmm, how to begin. It all started in college. I used to frequent the University Center at St. John's University, where they had an arcade room. A friend of mine saw how I showed no mercy on my opponent when playing video games, particularly fighting games. He started calling me Demon Queen and I added the number 17 because my b-day is the 17th of October. To this day, people ask me about my username. I don't mind answering their question.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Fluffy Lady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
FluffyLady ought to be obvious. lol But, for the sake of the post, I shall explain.

Originally I started out on fanfiction.net and was Fluffy's Lady because well... I was a Sesshomaru-addict (though thankfully that affliction has been cured by Papa-itis lol) and my first story was a SessOC. So... I was "Fluffy's", aka Sesshomaru's, Lady.

It developed into FluffyLady when I signed up with sites that didn't allow the apostrophe or spaces. Then... working with Dreamish (best friend and co-author) shortened my name to FL which I am most commonly known by. But, since sites typically require a four or five character name, I stick with FluffyLady and tell people to call me FL.

Logged Logged

~I am the mistress of the RP... I have so many plot bunnies running rampant that they cannot be contained to one site! Check me out on dA!
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Honey-Bee wrote:
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
Lol, I had never been stung by a bee before last summer, and then I got stung twice...in one day...at separate locations. Apparently I was really appealing to bees that day...or really offensive, it's hard to tell.

Yeah, it really is hard to tell with them.

I've never been stung by a bee. They just like to fly around my head to irritate me with their annoying buzzing... it sucked when I was trapped in a small space with one of them. The noise was still in my head long after it was gone.

Haha, it's not that bad--the stinging--unless you're allergic or something...then it probably sucks a whole lot. But I totally know what you're talking about with the whole, sounds that don't go away even after you can't hear them anymore. I always hear those beeps they play in your ears at the doctor's office to check your hearing, for like hours after. It's really annoying lol.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
Lol, I had never been stung by a bee before last summer, and then I got stung twice...in one day...at separate locations. Apparently I was really appealing to bees that day...or really offensive, it's hard to tell.

Yeah, it really is hard to tell with them.

I've never been stung by a bee. They just like to fly around my head to irritate me with their annoying buzzing... it sucked when I was trapped in a small space with one of them. The noise was still in my head long after it was gone.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/18 01:00 By Honey-Bee.
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Honey-Bee wrote:
LC Rose wrote:
Honey-Bee wrote:
My username wasn't chosen out of like for bees (I actually fear them), but my real name means "honey bee" (or just bee), so I decided to just go with that. Not very imaginative, I know... but I like it.

Ya know, I always wondered about you and bees...

lol. I have no love for bees, but they seem to follow me wherever I go! Unfortunately for me, there is a beautiful (cherry blossom?) tree in bloom just below my window... there were hundreds of bees flying around in it the other day.

I refuse to hold any sort of flower... because the bees always zero in on me.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
My username has always been the same, the only variation being "Rikayu-chan" which I go by on deviantART and Fanfiction.net.

Let's see... I first thought of the name when I joined Single Spark. Someone had taken the name Yuri already, so I made it Yurika, but then I just switched around the letters to make Rikayu. It sounded better to me, sp I kept it.

That was.... when I was thirteen. The name's stuck with me since then. My friends and family have adjusted to calling me "Rika" every now and then.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
LC Rose wrote:
Honey-Bee wrote:
My username wasn't chosen out of like for bees (I actually fear them), but my real name means "honey bee" (or just bee), so I decided to just go with that. Not very imaginative, I know... but I like it.

Ya know, I always wondered about you and bees...

lol. I have no love for bees, but they seem to follow me wherever I go! Unfortunately for me, there is a beautiful (cherry blossom?) tree in bloom just below my window... there were hundreds of bees flying around in it the other day.

I refuse to hold any sort of flower... because the bees always zero in on me.

Logged Logged
Elenna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I got ths unique name from two different things:

1.Elenna - Comes from an ORIGINAL character that I have created for a book I'm publishing and it's about a girl who travels to another world and get's transformed into a white wolf.

And you guys don't usually see this but:

2.Telrunya - This is actually my REAL last name in Sindarin which is Tolkien's Elven Language.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/18 00:36 By Elenna Telrunya.

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Sianna is just an alternate spelling of my middle name. I ininially called myself Lady Sianna, because... well, I like the idea of being called Lady. I changed it to Priestess, simply because I wanted something a little different, but I didn't want to get rid of the 'Sianna.'

I am now considering changing it again. If anyone has any suggestions...

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
okay, so when i pick fandom names i try to have something to do with teh fandom. this is my second fandom name...my first was a different name from a different fandom. i came to IY, i changed it.

anyway

Priestess - i needed something to link to IY and i was really eager to put a story up so i just grabbed priestess since there wre priestesses in hte show

Skye - random name. I love hte Isle of Skye, knew a kid named Skye, saw the word Skylar somewhere and said 'i guess i'm using skye'

that's it. totally random and uninteresting

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Uhhhh well I love dogs....and dog demons so I took the Japanese words for dog demon and put them with my nickname Liz (name's really Elizabeth but I much prefer Liz) and viola!- InuYoukaiLiz ^^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 22:28 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
I've always really liked Kagura, and strangely enough, I've had my disposition compared to hers once or twice. I think the first few names I tried were taken, and finally I tried Miss_Kagura and it was free.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
Mine was actually picked from the name of one of my long standing roleplay characters when I did White Wolf Roleplay online. The original name was Danielle Autumn Mist. I changed the spelling of it slightly to make it more memorable when i began to write fantasy novels. When I was trying to get my book published I decided to stick with it eventhough it was confusing (the main character is named Danyealla and my pen name is Danyealle Autumn Myst). When I came into writing fan fiction along with my original stuff I kept the name i was best known for: Danyealle rather than chose a more appropriate name that fit in the fandom.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.