Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Why do you love Fanfiction?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Why do you love Fanfiction?
Bloonie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
As I read the stories here and on FFN.net, I can't help but wonder why people do it.

So, why do you? Do you love the series, love making stories, create your own events that didn't happen in the show?

Why do you do it?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Bloonie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I do it because the characters are fun to play with and put them in situations they wouldn't normally face.

Its just fun to mess with them in general. XD

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
I love writing and telling the story. I was writing way before I discovered the world of fanfiction.
Fanfics tends to gain more readers and feedback compared to original stories. Before I even realised, the feedback had become an essential fuel for my writing, it's what keeps me going. I want other people to enjoy my work, too!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/10 11:50 By Chie. Reason: correction
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 37
I discovered Anime when I was in Junior High school. (6-8 grade) My cousin loved Sailor Moon (lol) I watched Adult Swim which it where I discovered the Anime, Inuyasha.
Sesshomaru and Kagome belong together. (it shows when you watch the anime) I had to write about it and tell the story.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/10 13:05 By Lady Nefertiti.
otterbaby
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I read and write fanfiction because it allows me to take something I love, be it a movie, show or book, and experience my fantasies without anyone knowing. It also allows me to share my fantasies no matter how strange or fluffy

Logged Logged

I claimed Yura\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s comb in the Claim game.
Im the Secretly (Un)Angelic Gm in the Dokuga Marbles Guild
Perhaps though, this will make me stronger
More confident,
Beautiful even.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 76
It's easier to write in an already established universe then it is to create your own. I do a decent amount of original work as it is. So fanfiction is my break from over thinking the rules of a new universe. It really is a lot easier when you can just pick up where one left off or jump right into the middle then making your own from scratch. It's tiring to do it from scratch sometimes too.

That just sounds like I'm complaining. I'm not, but still. Everyone needs a break from time to time. Fanfiction is also my idea dump. Anything that needs fleshing out before I use it, I throw it into a fanfiction.

As for reading it, I hate the pairings in a lot of animes. Inuyasha more then most, so it's kinda nice to be able to read about a different one/s then what appeared in the original canon.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 56
I found that I like seeing where I can take the original story. I love crossovers for this same reason. My question, when I write or come up with ideas, is how far can I take this and keep everyone IC or cannon....

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/10 16:49 By KEdakumi. Reason: Never type and let the kids distract you at the same time.

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 57
Fanfiction is just an opportunity to express new ideas in an established universe for moi, though my interest wanes on occassion, as I move through fandoms or RL takes precedence. I don't write for fandoms unless I have a good understanding of it beforehand, if not, than I don't bother. Inuyasha was my second foray into the deep end, it's helped a great deal to practice writing, and characterisation.

Fanfiction I find is a chance to explore the psyche of characters in greater depth than rpg games allow, since I like detail so I try to express it in different ways with either Sesshy, Inuyasha, or Kagome. I've also found some fantastic fanfiction stories in various fandoms, that I've read over the years and enjoyed too.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 37
When I discovered fanfiction I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the stories were really fantastic and not at all what I'd assumed they'd be. Overall it was a whole new world for me. It was an escape from the hectic and sometimes stressfull life I lead. Here on Dokuga it was like a new home and family. While I read all those fantastic and sometimes hilarious fics my confidence soared, but because I had English as a second language I was scared to try and write my own story. However, the encouragement that I'd seen given to new writers by members put my fears to rest somewhat, and I posted my first chapter.

Writing fan-fiction gave me an outlet to express my creative side, while keeping others entertained. It is a wonderful feeling writing a story that is enjoyed by others who appreciate it. The reviews are an added bonus, but writing because it is something that you love is even more rewarding. I cannot imagine my life now without fan-fiction and this community.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Fanfiction allows for flexability and variety. I enjoy being able to pick and choose what situation I want to read my favorite pairing in. It is like, enjoying a movie and not liking a specific part, wish you can change it, and being able to change it.

fanfiction + me = <3

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 34
I write fanfiction because its fun. I fell in love with anime when i was young and I still enjoy it now. I love to write and when i get stuck on my original works, writing fanfiction helps.
I love the characters and I love the connection. This is awesome and Kagome and Sesshomaru belong together besides.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why do you love Fanfiction? 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 60
I gotta say I write for this fanfiction for two reasons. One, I absolutely LOVE Sesshomaru/Kagome pairing because their characters are such polar opposites that I can't help but want to bring them together. And two, I love writing :3

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.