Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question about Ah-Un...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question about Ah-Un...
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Getting tired of calling Ah-Un 'the dragon' in my story Jaken's Ballad and am wondering if Rin naming it was canon or fanon.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ritska
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
I read somewhere that Rin named them. Sesshomaru didn't give them a name. I am not sure if it came out on the manga or anime.

Logged Logged

I claim Inuyasha\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Childhood Ball in Dokoga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Claim Game!
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
Rin did name him, I believe it's in the anime pretty early on around episode 50-55.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
okay so early on in my IY fanfiction writing days i bought the IY profile book, it's rather awesome and very canon for stuff, A-Un, is how RT has it spelled, but it doesn't say who named him.

Inuyasha Wiki, which is maintained by fan's so it could be wrong: inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Ah-Un says, "Ah-Un (??) is Sesshomaru's beast of burden. He is one of the only two y?kai in the series who is explicitly stated to be a herbivore. Despite traveling with Sesshomaru for centuries, he has no name until Rin gives him one, calling the right head "Ah" and the left head "Un". It is undecided whether their name can be translated into anything applicable to their character, but the pronunciation a-un is used to describe a sound influential in many Indian religions "indicating an inherently harmonious relationship or non-verbal communication." (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-un). Also, a-un is a term typically used to identify the 'one open mouth and one closed mouth' komainu statue sets normally seen near or in shrines."

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/07/11 15:52 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
genius question. I didn't even realize Rin named him. I need to freshen up on little details like this for my own story. *sigh* I suppose i'll have to do a ramen, sushi and Inuyasha marathon night. SUCH suffering for my craft.

On another note, if you dont want to keep calling him "Ah-Un" or "the dragon," you could try. Using things like "Beast of Burden" "Dual headed companion" "scaled/scaley ally" or if your are looking for something more comical - "the overgrown salamander" because he's as gentle as one and not much good as a formative ally. lol

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question about Ah-Un... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Thanks for the great info guys .

@Moxy lol good suggestions . I was hoping to be able to use it's actual name, but guess Jaken will have to wait another 200 years lol. But I will keep the suggestions in mind to mix things up a bit .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.