Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
I've read all of Inuyasha but I finished it a while ago so I've been rewatching the series. Recently a few people mentioned to me Kagome having the ability to create a personal barrier but I've never seen it and I don't remember that ever happening in the show or even the movies. Could someone tell me if this is just a commonly used fan-fiction thing or if it came up at the end of the series and I just can't remember it? Thanks.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 42
I'm pretty sure it's jsut a fanfiction thing. The only use of barriers I remember from the show is Naraku's and there was once where Kaede and Miroku held up a barrier around inuyasha after he was injured (i think it was the injury where Sesshoumaru put his hand through his tummy). Kagome can really only do the holy arrows, she eventually leanrs how to do an arrow that can 'spacial hop' for lack of a better term and she's done those pulses of purifying power like when she knocked Mistress Centipede's arms off her first time traveling through the well.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Okay thank you. All those examples I've heard of but I was really starting to wonder with the amount of people that have mentioned the barrier thing lately if I'd just missed something. Awesome that you gave me such a swift reply You rule.

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
I have never seen her use a barrier either, only in fan-fiction. Miroku can produce barriers, just as Montik said, like when he was in the poison coccoon(?) with Yasha and Yasha's demon blood came out, and when they were in the demon's belly going to be slowly eaten by acid. There are a few others that have produced barriers, but Kagome was not one of them. Hope this helps you!

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 52
The closest thing I've ever seen Kagome use as a barrier would be using her holy....

No no no wait, I remember now.

The third movie, Swords of an Honorable Movie, during the final battle, she used Sounga's sheath to put up a barrier, but I think it was mostly Saiya whom actually had the power of the barrier.

..powers to reflect Tsubaki's curse spell back at her. But I so want to say that I have Kagome's voice running around in my head saying "Gather around everyone, I'll put up a barrier..." from some episode or one of the movies...Gah!

Logged Logged

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
She did say that Walter; it was in Sword of an Honorable Ruler dyring the last battle and everyone was huddled inside the barrier as Sessh and inu fought with Sounga.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.