Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sharing...?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sharing...?
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 13
(shrugs)

This question have been on my mind weeks after I became a Sesshoumaru fan.

I know no one (mostly no one) likes to share hubby/boyfriends/lovers...

but... what about Sesshoumaru?

It's kinda that "What? Are you lost in fantasy world?" question.

But really, we all know everyone "Loves" Sessh super much, but do you ever get "jealous" that other fans have the ability to dream (create) extremely intimate scenes (scenarios) for themselves or other characters??

Better yet, do you ever get jealous when writing (drawing) and intimate scene between Sessh and Kag?

(heh, I know I do)

I know, it's that once in a while random question from me...

Curiosity kills the cat?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
I never get jealous drawing Sesshoumaru and Kagome together (they're perfect for each other!), but I do get a bit ticked off whenever I see them paired up with other characters... it just feels as though they're cheating on each other, you know? But that's silly, because they aren't even canon to begin with... but I've been supporting them for so many years, they're already married and have dozens of kids in my mind.>_>

Does that make me obsessive?

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 13
=O!

Dozens of kids??

I always seem to think Kagome and Sessh remain young forever.

Dunno...

I get jealous when writing intimate scenes, but when it comes to drawings, i always seem to picture me with Sessh instead of kag.

Now THAT'S obsessive.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 42
I have that same issue with seeing Sessh paired with other characters besides Kagome... it kinda feels like he's cheating or something. But never had that issue with being jealous over him myself xD

But for some reason I have no issues with those sess/kag/other male type of pairings. I like them alot and actually plan to write one too xD I know realistically men can't share that well and canine based youkai would probably be even worse at it.. but hey, it's fanfiction right? We can do what we want with the characters

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 78
I love the idea of Sess and Kagome sooo much, but it has ALWAYS bothered me when I accidentally start reading a Sess/Kagura. It just seems so wrong! And Sess/Rin. Eeew. Even if Rin is older, she was RAISED by this man. And, even before I got really hooked on Sess/Kags, I read the manga episode where Sess was in canine form, flying around with a female dog demon. It was like NO WAY. Sess has a mate! I was outraged. He belongs with Kagome! (Then I remember thinking... Where did THAT come from?)

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -666
Let's not allow this thread to become an alternate pairing bashfest. Keep it civil and no picking out other pairings and describing them revolting in any fashion. If anyone does do this in the future, I will lock the thread.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 13
Aye aye captain ^_^

.... now...

getting back to the thread...

does anyone ever get jealous when writing (drawing) and intimate scene between Sessh and Kag?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/19 02:20 By MiserablySweet.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 14
MiserablySweet wrote:
(shrugs)

This question have been on my mind weeks after I became a Sesshoumaru fan.

I know no one (mostly no one) likes to share hubby/boyfriends/lovers...

but... what about Sesshoumaru?

It's kinda that "What? Are you lost in fantasy world?" question.

But really, we all know everyone "Loves" Sessh super much, but do you ever get "jealous" that other fans have the ability to dream (create) extremely intimate scenes (scenarios) for themselves or other characters??

Better yet, do you ever get jealous when writing (drawing) and intimate scene between Sessh and Kag?

(heh, I know I do)

I know, it's that once in a while random question from me...

Curiosity kills the cat?

Eh. Not so much with the jealousy.

Thing is, I started writing Sess/Kag because I was intrigued by the writing opportunity. Canon is Inu/Kag, and in the canon story, I root for those two crazy lovebirds all the way. However, in fanfic, I'm a Sess/Kag girl because I find it interesting to see how we, as writers and fans, find new and interesting ways to get those two together.

It's the challenge that attracted me. That and Sesshoumaru's excellently pretty hair. And those ears.

Long story short, I don't begrudge anyone else their particular fandom pairing. In the end they're about as valid as Sess/Kag, and if it makes someone happy, that's all that matters.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Noacat wrote:

Eh. Not so much with the jealousy.

Thing is, I started writing Sess/Kag because I was intrigued by the writing opportunity. Canon is Inu/Kag, and in the canon story, I root for those two crazy lovebirds all the way. However, in fanfic, I'm a Sess/Kag girl because I find it interesting to see how we, as writers and fans, find new and interesting ways to get those two together.

It's the challenge that attracted me. That and Sesshoumaru's excellently pretty hair. And those ears.

Long story short, I don't begrudge anyone else their particular fandom pairing. In the end they're about as valid as Sess/Kag, and if it makes someone happy, that's all that matters.

Here, here, Noa!! I started out reading all the Inu/Kag I could, but quickly gravitated to Sess/Kag. I even dabbled in Sess/Rin & Sess/Kagura, but none of those appealed to me as much as Sess/Kag. I think it's the improbability of them actually getting together, along with the suitability of it.

The way I see it, Sess is the male lead, no matter what the anime and manga are entitled. And Kags is definitely the female lead, despite her occasional ditzy moments. To my mind, it makes sense... but I'm open to all of it except for the absolutely horrendous Sess/OC (Mary Sue) pairings I've read. Those make me cringe, but appeal to some.

Just my two cent's worth!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
I think that the thing that drew me to Sess/Kag stories was the improbability of them ever being together in the first place. Plus that and what good girl isnt drawn to a bad boy? Sess/Kag stories just happen to be right up my alley. I do the same thing with other characters in other stories like Draco/Hermione from Harry Potter. The forbidden aspect is soo much more appealing.

Do i ever get jealous? No, but i tend to get super angry when Sesshoumaru is with any one else.

Logged Logged
Ari
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I don't think I could ever be jealous of them because the first fanfiction that I ever read was Kagome/Sesshoumaru, so it's just imprinted on my mind that they belong together. It just seems so right.

Logged Logged

I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.

To Lucasta, On Going to the Wars
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 31
No jealousy here. although, i'm having a hard time imagining ANY character as of many months now. I imagine a scene, but I always see me and a certain someone. Althoguh, Sesshy and Kags have both been in my dreams lately....Hmm....maybe Smittee's subconscious is saying,"Look! They really are a great couple." I dunno. They just seem like a great pairing. O.o Only jealousy I feel is that Kags has a bow, and Sessh has an AMAZING sword! If anyone should have been snatching swords in the show, it should have been for Sesshy's.

...Wow, did I get off topic. XD

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Quirkyslayer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
I don't think I can even fathom being jealous of a fictional character, but that's just me. And I'm not really annoyed with breaking up SessKag. Given great writing, I think any pairing is possible, and it's actually more interesting to me given how a character will react to another character based on their individual personality traits and the dynamics they share.

That's why I think SessKag is so appealing because given canon, they just seem so impossible, so it's very enjoyable to see how people approach that.

And when I'm drawing Sesshoumaru, either by himself or with Kagome, I'm more concerned that I remember to draw all his stripes in the proper place rather than who he's with. ;P

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
moonlightserenade wrote:
I think that the thing that drew me to Sess/Kag stories was the improbability of them ever being together in the first place. Plus that and what good girl isnt drawn to a bad boy? Sess/Kag stories just happen to be right up my alley. I do the same thing with other characters in other stories like Draco/Hermione from Harry Potter. The forbidden aspect is soo much more appealing.

Do i ever get jealous? No, but i tend to get super angry when Sesshoumaru is with any one else.

*Gasp* A fellow Draco/Hermione supporter! *Glomp* Have you read Shadowed Lives by Meltha? It's a fanfiction taking each book of Harry Potter and telling it from Draco's point of view. It's currently on Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I love this story!

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sharing...? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 52
When I write S/Kago I get a little envious of Sesshomaru, but not so much with the jealousy.

I also don't see why people don't like the S/Kagu, since that was the closest thing canonly to a pairing partner that Sesshomaru had.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.