Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sess and Sounga [potential spoilers for 3rd movie]
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sess and Sounga [potential spoilers for 3rd movie]
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sess and Sounga [potential spoilers for 3rd movie] 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15
After watching the 3rd Inuyasha movie (for the trillionth time), I recall one line that was spoken by Totosai. I think it went something like this:

"With the Great Dog Demon gone, the only one who can wield the Sounga is probably Sesshomaru."

Which brings up a curious topic for discussion: Would Sesshomaru really be able to control Sounga and not be possessed by it? I mean, we've seen how easily Sounga overpowered Inuyasha, but judging by how Sesshomaru was able conquer Tokijin's evil aura, do you think what Totosai said is true?

In my opinion, I think Sesshomaru could (and would, if he had the chance) take control of Sounga. He has pure, raw Daiyoukai blood flowing through him, and not just that; his father's blood runs through him as well. Plus, we have Tokijin as another example.

Then again, Sounga is a sword that can talk. And for those of us who's seen the 3rd movie, Sess seemed quite enraged by Sounga's taunts about his father and his left arm.

What do you guys think?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/19 19:21 By AmEva.

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sess and Sounga [potential spoilers for 3rd mov 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
This is an interesting topic to me. Some people think that the movies are non-canon, but I say who cares one way or the other. I enjoyed them. *shrugs*

At any rate, I think that Sesshoumaru would be able to avoid possession for a time, but not with repeated or prolonged exposure. I try to keep in mind that while Sesshoumaru is extremely powerful, and well controlled, he is relatively young as well. In the episode when he and Inuyasha were together at their father's grave, Sesshoumaru's stature in his true form was hardly comparable to that of his father, so really, our favorite daiyoukai has a lot of growing to do. In my mind this would include mental as well as physical growth.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Sess and Sounga [potential spoilers for 3rd mov 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
*POSSIBLE SPIOLER*

i agree with Priestess Sianna on the point that he's young, but whether the movies are canon or not, in the manga, Sess was able to surpass his father's power by gaining Bakusaiga, by not relying on his father's fang to fight, thusly he ended up young or not, stronger then his father.

I think legitimately at the time, Sess would have been able to deal with it, i think over time he might have been a bit influenced by it, but i dont think he'd have ever been possessed by it as Inuyasha was. Inuyasha's human blood is his weakness, thusly that's what gave Soun'ga the ability in the first place, not to mention age and training.

We cant really assume age on anything, only that Sess in movie 3 on the beach was about 17 years old looking, and in the anime/manga he's like 19. Assuming all of this, he ages about one human year to every 100 giver take. And he's still considered very young to have done the things he has done.

On the other hand i really think RT, messed up and left a lot of open plotholes to be scrutinized by us fanficers/ *shrugs* that's my two cents.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.