Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Your favorite IY character
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Your favorite IY character
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
yeah, i remember coming up with different names for him, most of which were complete gibberish.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 20
Did it drive you nuts wonderinng why they never told his name..ever? Just referred to him as The Great Dog Demon , or - The Great Dog General? I mean...what did his momma look at him when he was born and say ' You shall be called Great Dog----?'I wished they would have focused on him and his relationship with Sessh and his mother[as well as Izayoi too. ]. Any way...yes definately runs in the family line...

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
oh yes. Inupapa. he's slowly becoming a new fascination of mine. What girl won't melt for a hot guy who comes to the rescue and looks absolutely bada** in the process~?

Logged Logged

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 20
While I love them all so much , it is a tie between two characters.

Sesshoumaru is so dignified and mysterious. I love a guy who is rightfully arrogant and oh so so yummy! Oh andhe has such great fashion sense too , not many men are beautiful enough to pull off wearing a fur boa and still look hot and masculine doing it!

AND

The Great Dog General. Most call him Inupapa but since they never said his name in the series not the movies I labeled him Big Daddy. He was just as distinguished and dignified as his son ...and just as gorgeous too. Not to mention a real bad ass. I went nuts over ' Swords ' and his going after the woman he loved. That windscar was FABULOUS!! Oh yeah , he had the mokomoko going on too.

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Hands down, immediately after Sesshoumaru it is Miroku as most favoured character for me.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
Well, Sesshoumaru is definately the favorite followed by his big sexy daddy. Yum. I have to say, that there are a few characters that were only flashed for a few minutes (or seconds) that were yummy as well. Let's see...Shiori's dad, right? Cute. The male demon in the two episodes for the Naginata of Kenkon (I can't remember if the guy's name was Hoshiyomi or Suiyomi, I know one was the guy and one was the chick) was also pretty great.

Naraku is pretty cool too. Such a bad boy. All that black hair. I seem to like either the silvery/silvery-blue/white haired guys or the inky black haired guys.

For sheer comedy, it has to be Miroku or Jakken. Shippou kinda annoys me. I like Sango, and have to agree that I find Kagome's near helplessness irritating.

Inuyasha has gotten to the point where I find him rather irritating. And I despise Kikyou and Kagura.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15
My favorite of the main male characters has always been Sesshomaru. I usually like bad guys and anti-heroes over the cookie-cutter standard heroes in a story. When he started chopping things to itty bitty bits during his debut in the manga/anime that started the fascination. When he punched a nice big hole in his brother's chest I knew it was love, lol. My second favorite (a close favorite actually) is Naraku (especially pre-Mount Hakurei Naraku).

My favorite of the main female characters is Sango. She's not the constant damsel in distress (which sometimes annoys me about Kagome *dodges rotten tomatoes* Ahem) and she has a great backstory and interesting profession (especially since she's a woman warrior in an era where they weren't exactly commonplace).

Of the secondary characters it's toss up between Jaken and Master Mushin. Though the imp makes me laugh more honestly.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/01 19:37 By DaiyoukaiGeisha. Reason: oops, I meant "pre" not "post", doh

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
The Inu no Taisho, or as I like to call him Inupapa (tehe! xDD)

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
Hmm not sure if there's a thread like this already, but oh well.

We all know that Dokuga is a SessKag community, but I'm curious to know who your guys' all-time favorite IY character is.

My favorite has always been Sesshoumaru. I think cause the very first episode I saw was when he was fighting Inuyasha in their father's grave. I started drawing him immediately after that. That was.. 6 years ago.

But i have a special love for Jinenji. I just find his character terribly sweet and genuinely good.

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 696975
i don't know who i like most.

Maybe Naraku. He makes a fantastic baddie. And he's always one step ahead of the others.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -666
Hmm... I actually have to admit that I did not like Sesshoumaru in the beginning. His being pretty didn't sway me (and still doesn't... maybe it's the eyeshadow), so when he did those cruel things to Inuyasha and got his arm hacked off for it, I can't say he didn't deserve it. But, when his sword's ability was revealed, then he started to appeal to me. The capacity for his character to grow beyond his own selfish desires intrigued me and his reviving of Rin won me over. To this day, his character has probably endured the most growth and is easily why I like to write about him the most.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 25
For some reason, I've always had a soft spot for Jaken. I'm not sure why, really. The abuse he takes from Sesshoumaru? Maybe because he's an easy target for 'little demon' syndrome. I dunno. He's pretty cool for a little green dude.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
Oroyukae wrote:
Did it drive you nuts wonderinng why they never told his name..ever? Just referred to him as The Great Dog Demon , or - The Great Dog General? I mean...what did his momma look at him when he was born and say ' You shall be called Great Dog----?'I wished they would have focused on him and his relationship with Sessh and his mother[as well as Izayoi too. ]. Any way...yes definately runs in the family line...

Actually that annoys me to...so I just use the name Touga since that's what the movie creator's called him during the process of making Swords. Though the public wasn't supposed to know that (damn you movie creators! >.<..) but it leaked out anyways. I was quite annoyed with the fact that they never showed Sesshomaru's mother (or mentioned her name) in the anime show. I mean the least they could've done was show her in at least one episode. Heck it'd watch that episode over and over again because I love the Fluff Mama-sama. As for Inupapa.....the only thing he says besides thanking his sons for sealing Sounga in the Netherland is, "I have nothing more to teach you!" UGH!!!! I mean poor Inuyasha didn't get a chance to talk to Inupapa. That makes me so mad! *grumbling in the background*

While we're on the subject of favorite characters I also like Akitoki, Ginta, and Hakkaku because of the comic relief they offer. But I also like Jinenji because he's so sweet and childlike (when you don't completely piss him off O.o) so Jinenji will always have a place in my heart. I also like Shiori's father Tsukuyomaru. Oh and let's see....I also like Hoshiyomi (minus the fact that I thought he was Menomaru.....I mean come on Rumiko! they have the same hair color and the same kinda markings!!!) Hmm...I also like Rin. She reminds me of me and mycousins when we were little....cute, innocent, and sweet lol. But these are sadly the most forgotten characters.

My favorite main characters are Kagome, because she's naturally a strong person (but has yet to figure that out) but the anime doesn't do justice to her character because 1) she's overly nice (seriously....can someone be that perfect?) 2) She always and without fail gets kidnapped and is reduced to screaming, "INUYASHA!" more than once (gods it gets annoying hearing her scream like that....it give me a migraine...no joke) , 3) She gives off an immature vibe to me that really annoys me. At least in the movies she seems more independant and strong minded.

Kagura has always fascinated me because she's pretty and she was "evil" at first but then slowly became nuetral. I also loved the fact that she has an interesting weapon. I always thought her fan was cool (except fot the Dance of the Dead...those parts always creeped me out for some reason O.o) Of course when people pair Kagura with Sesshomaru that's when I start to hate her. I absolutely loathe Sesshomaru/Kagura and while we're at it...Sesshomaru/Rin. Ugh....anywho

Well what do you know?....Sesshomaru's Mama! xDD Ever since I saw her in the manga at onemange.com I've had a heartattack (even the translator had a spazz attack because come on ....IT'S SESSHOMARU'S MAMA FOR GOODNESS SAKES! xDD) Although the overall design of his mama could have been a bit different. I mean it looks like Sesshomaru with boobs, different clothes, and pigtails We don't get much insight into her character but from what I've read in the manga she's a little stoic but in a good way. She doesn't think highly of humans but stays away from them. Though she did bring Rin back and she did open a portal to the living realm from the Netherland for Sesshomaru which show's she does have a secret caring/maternal side to her.

Okay......I'm done with my fangirl rants xDD lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/13 12:49 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
lol your fangirl rants are fine Lizzy...

I don't think I had a favourite for a long while. But when InuPapa was introduce I began to like him and slowly I began to like Sesshomaru. Not for their looks though. I like things based on plotlines and the background. Not much is known about InuPapa which intrigues me... even InuMama has little detail with her name not given as well.

I have to say though that I am like DaiYoukai Geisha... my preferances for characters always tends to lie with the anti heroes or bad guys.

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 52
Hands down, my fav character is Kagome.

The Great Dog Demon would be second though, followed by Sesshomaru in third place.

Naraku is a good villian, but personally my alltime fav villain is Nakago from FY, Naraku just doesn't compare to his awesomeness, lol.

Logged Logged

Elenna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
When I started off watching this series...I was a huge fan of Kouga. I was really into Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship too and was very angst towards Kikyo.

It took me a while to fall in love with Sesshomaru...it's not that I didn't like him, he just wasn't my fav and I couldn't picture him with really anybody. He was too arrogant for anyone.

Now that I really think about it, I can't really picture anyone besides Kagome being with him. She fits him perfectly in my opinion and I truly believe in the phrase: "opposites attract."

So...being a fan of IY for 10+ years...I'd say my favorites grew like this:

Kouga
Inuyasha
Kagome
Sesshomaru

and now I'm completely for Sesshomaru, Kagome...and Inu Taisho.

So yeah...

Logged Logged

Ammaranth
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Inu no Taisho's name isn't really his name at all. In feudal Japan, it was disrespectful to refer to someone of high rank by their actual name, unless, of course, you were on very intimate terms with them. So Taisho no doubt had a name, but we don't know what it was.

That being said, I'm going to do the unthinkable, and come right out and say that I like Kikyo. I've never understood the massive amounts of hate directed at her I've seen plenty of Kikyo fan sites over the years, and I can tell you that, in general, Kikyo fans do not sit around hating Kagome, but I have yet to see a Kagome or "Kagome x ?" fansite that doesn't have at least one thread devoted to Kikyo bashing.

Not that I have anything against Kagome, either. I liked her from the beginning, ever since I saw the first season ending theme, with all those snapshots of Kagome on the subway in the snow, looking so thoughtful and sad. It just seemed to hint that there was a lot more depth to her than she is sometimes given credit for. That, or I have a "sad girls in snow" complex. Who knows?

Ammaranth

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 31
My favorite IY characters in order from most to etc. lest:

~Miroku
~Sesshomaru
~Hiten
~Bankotsu
~Kirara
~Kouga
~ Jinenji's Dad (I know, silly, right?)
~Sango
~Etc.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Since the beginning Kagome has been my favorite. I don't think she gets as much credit as she deserves. People seem to discount the fact that she is from the modern era and for her to stay 500 years in the past with wars, demons, and all arond death is a great show of character for me. Being honest most people would have left and chalked it all up to be a bad dream, so for her to be there and adapt and become stronger is amazing to me.

And Ammaranth, liking Kikyo is nothing wrong. I like Kikyo too, I'll admit some times she's not so great in my eyes but I like certain things about her.

So other than Kagome, I would say I also like Jakotsu (cause he's funny)

Inuyasha because well at first he was my favorite male.

Inupapa cause he's Inupapa and Sesshoumaru(although not at first) I have grown to love Sesshoumaru and all his glory.

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
I find it hard to pic a favorite character. If you go by specific category, then that's easier.

Male Hero- Kouga
Female Hero- Kagome
Anti-Hero- Sesshoumaru
Villain- Naraku

Kouga's so rough around the edges, and he's an all-around good guy. Gotta love that. Kagome is pretty obvious, even though she's the typical damsel in distress type. Sesshoumaru, yes he is a good guy, but he doesn't care who gets in his way and who he has to destroy to accomplish his goals. And Naraku is just the perfect bad guy. And Shippo's just got the cute-factor going on for him.

Logged Logged
beermoney5
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
My favorite male character has always been Sesshomaru. He’s actually my favorite amine/manga character out of all the ones I have watched and or read. I love everything about him. The way he acts, his looks, his voice. I love the whole package.

My second favorite would be Koga

My next choices would be a tie between Inuyasha, Miroku, Jakotsu, Bankotsu, and Inutaisho.

My favorite female character is a tie between three. I like Kagome, Sango, and Rin equally. And I’m going to defend Kagome. Some of you say she’s irritating and defenseless. I disagree with that. I think she is very brave because she stood up to Sesshomaru even after he tried to kill her and other times when he was fighting Inuyasha and even to other bad guys in the anime/manga. She does fight to the best of her ability. We have to remember she is from our time and sent back to the feudal era, how is she supposed to know how to defend herself in that time. I think if she grew up there she would be similar to Sango or even Kikyo. Most people wouldn’t have gone back and she did. As for screaming for Inuyasha when she’s in trouble I don’t see anything wrong with that, if you were in her shoes wouldn’t you do the same if you couldn’t get out of the situation yourself, which she does try sometimes. Also I think she handles the love triangle between her Inuyasha and Kikyo Quite well.

Logged Logged

[img]http://dokuga.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10540&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 66
My favorite IY character...Hmm, there are so many to choose from. If I were to pick, I would definitely pick Inupapa, for sure. Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru definitely got their own style of hotness from him, obviously. It's too bad he was killed by Ryukotsusei. Another would have to be Inuyasha and the way he cares about both Kagome and Kikyo.

What turns me off about Kikyo is the fact that she was resurrected with hatred in her heart, hatred for both Inuyasha and Naraku/Onigumo. The hatred for Inuyasha is to the point where she wants to drag him to hell for something he didn't do. She also feeds on the souls of dead women though she does retain her powers. When she was still alive, she wanted Inuyasha to become human with the power of the Jewel.

Kagome would count as one of my favorites as well. It's not that she's defenseless. People need to cut her a break on that. She didn't grow up in the Feudal Era, where she has to fight demons on a daily basis, though she adapts rather quickly. Not only that, she's only coming into her miko powers; she's only 15. And she's just learning how to shoot a bow. In her time, demons either don't exist or they've hidden themselves rather well. So you can't knock her for it.

Shippou, Rin and Kirara are just too cute for their own good.

One character I would love to see come to life is Sesshomaru's mother. Not much is known about her, only what you read in the manga. I can't help but notice that she could pass for Sesshy's twin. Sesshy is another one of my favorites as well. He hides his emotions and true feelings so well (kind of reminds me of myself, seeing that he's an older sibling as well as I am and I tend to hide my emotions when necessary, except I get along with my younger sister).

And there's Inuyasha, who has to struggle with his hanyou heritage. Hanyou's like himself aren't readily accepted into either society, youkai or human. He managed to survive a very tough childhood. When you look at it, he can't help the way he acts sometimes.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
beermoney5
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
I love your defense of Kagome, it was much better than mine. And I’m glad someone else is defending her with me.

Logged Logged

[img]http://dokuga.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10540&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
beermoney5 wrote:
I love your defense of Kagome, it was much better than mine. And I’m glad someone else is defending her with me.

Me too, I'm happy others see it as well. Kagome is an amazing character, she has her flaws but she takes them in stride.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Your favorite IY character 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 66
FleetingDream wrote:
beermoney5 wrote:

Me too, I'm happy others see it as well. Kagome is an amazing character, she has her flaws but she takes them in stride.

Thanks. I had to put it out there. The modern era isn't as rough and tumble like the Feudal Era. There are different kinds of 'demons' this world faces, and I'm not talking about those like the ones in 'Inuyasha'.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.