Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How Do Your Pets React When You Write?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How Do Your Pets React When You Write?
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
IrishBlackRosie wrote:
My cat is very old and has been with me for a long time (I brought her to America with me ).
She is grouchy and has a stubborn streak... so she tends to do a few things.

If I am typing she feels as though it is her duty to lay on top of my hands or if a finger is being held up that finger is meant for her to rub against.
If I am just sitting with the laptop in my lap, scrolling around and reading she will either a) begin rubbing against the side of the screen or b) stare at me and meow until she has my undivided attention or I at least pet her.

The dog that lives with me doesn't care really for my attention if I am on the computer, but the moment I set the laptop down she is vying for attention right away.

Awww poor little thing. See, she is older so I am inclined to indulge her. I seriously wonder if our brain waves shift and that is what they are responding to. Hmmmm....we all seem to have the same response with our four legged companions.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
PRVN wrote:
My ferret, Jiraiya, likes to try and 'dig' whatever is on the screen out. For some reason, when I'm writing it seems like he has to work extra hard on it

Even when I move him away, he goes right back to it *sigh* so stubborn. It might just be because when we write, our pets think its taking away from their 'time'

THOSE DAMN MOVING THINGS ON THE SCREEN

You are right. See if he 'kills' it then you can love on him more.

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
Contessa (my Setter) is jealous of my laptop. she pushes it out of the way so seh can sit on my lap. right now she couldn't do it so she's lying across my legs. she can't be not touching me when i'm using my laptop.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
My cat seems to think it's absolutely necessary to try and walk all over my keyboard. It's really awesome, especially when you push off the cat and find something random on your screen and you have no idea what it pressed to get it there lol.

My cat does the same thing, it's got to the point the minute I pick up my laptop she is ready to pounce... I've gotten in the habit of locking her out of my bedroom. Usually I let my guiena pig out when I am typing, but she too has picked up this knack of crawling over my keyboard if I'm on my bed with her.

Logged Logged

piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
piratequeen0405 wrote:
Invariably when I sit down to write, little rituals observed and ready to focus, one or both of the dogs decides there is an emergency, whether an empty water bowl, a necessary trip to the backyard, a need to play. Gryphon, because of his size and innocent obnoxiousness, is impossible to ignore.

Cats...Bean Sidhe is obsessed with seeing if my lap can accomdate both her and the computer and requires daily reassurance, though now that it's getting warmer, she's more interested in going outside to kill things.

Lol, yes, my cat also finds perverse enjoyment in killing helpless little animals, beheading them, and then bringing them to my doorstep. I go to the door to let him in and end up having a funeral for the poor chipmunk that was stupid enough to try and make it's house under my deck. That kinda puts a damper on writing, seeing as it all comes out sounding like some weird, convoluted, rodent obituary.

Few things are more sad and disturbing at 6:15 am than having to get to the dead baby bunny one's cat left by the door before one's dogs and/or child discover it.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Ummm....my four dogs don't live with me so I wouldn't know but they wouldn't care. xDD They'd just walk around or sleep the whole day lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 00:54 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Awww...your cat is bringing you presents! Mine are not allowed outside, so the only gifts they bring me are of the non formerly-alive category, which is good. I once had a cat that went outside and he would bring moles, chipmunks, squirrels, birds, fish, a turtle once, a snake, and a mallard. It sucked.

Anyways, when I start, my one cat curls up right next to the laptop vent to get all that warm air. The other one tries to come up around the arm of the chair and sit on my chest while the laptop is in my lap. This is, of course, not physically possible, and even if it was, I cannot see the laptop screen, but he tries nonetheless.

The pet I have to worry about most is my boyfriend. He does what you all are saying your animals do. As soon as I start writing, he finds the need to talk to me about any and everything, get my advice on something he is doing in the kitchen, ask for a backrub, want me to watch a movie or tv, asks me to play cards or a video game with me, or (and this happens more than anything else) wants to get it on. Sigh.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
haha, pretty much. They're like, "Stop typing on that magic box and feed me dang it!"

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
ElegantPaws wrote:
Rikayu wrote:
My cat Tobi, does not like to be ignored. o.o

Seriously, it looks to be about anytime there is focussed attention away from the Lord of your manner! They really are hilarious and we are so sad total servants to the love:P .

Haha yes. I call him 'Tobi-sama' when he starts to annoy me. It's like he can understand me and then rubs his head apologetically against my arm before settling into my lap. Then, like the devious cat that he is, lays down ON TOP of my laptop when i go out of the room. Stubborn cat.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
My cat seems to think it's absolutely necessary to try and walk all over my keyboard. It's really awesome, especially when you push off the cat and find something random on your screen and you have no idea what it pressed to get it there lol.

They are a trip, aren't they? How dare you seek time to create that love on a page ?

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Rikayu wrote:

Seriously, it looks to be about anytime there is focussed attention away from the Lord of your manner! They really are hilarious and we are so sad total servants to the love:P .

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
I ask simply because mine seems to home in on when I am literally sitting down to write. The pet in question is a Scottish Terrorist (Terrier). He is small, adorable, willful and has this ability to zone to when I am in serious writing mode like tonight.

These days, actually writing time is few and far between, life being inclined to fill every waking hour with this and that. Writing, at least for me, is a slow process and takes concentration.

His Nibs sits and watches the wine being laid out in my little study and the door to the living room closed and music being put on and then he is there with one of his toys and wagging his tail. Please note, he could give a shit when I am checking on some of my favourite sites to see what is new and interesting (what I call 'My PrettyShinies').

No, no interest. He sits in one of his various beds and yawns and stretches and dreams of running in fields and killing rabbits and other unsuspecting creatures.

The very minute I 'assume' the position behind the PC in this instance...."Oh must disturb Human Mummy"...sigh.

Do your pets do the same?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 23:31 By ElegantPaws.

ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40

when i'm writing, he'll just onto my bed while i'm writing and block my laptop screen. then he'll lay down in front of my and just stare at me with his bright golden brown eyes until i give up and attend to him.

his number one move though, its to roll around and show his belly as a sign that I scratch his belly. T^T for a lazy cat, he goes all out to try and get my attention. He also scratches anyone who isn't me, especially my guy friend. he doesnt like any of them.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
piratequeen0405 wrote:
Invariably when I sit down to write, little rituals observed and ready to focus, one or both of the dogs decides there is an emergency, whether an empty water bowl, a necessary trip to the backyard, a need to play. Gryphon, because of his size and innocent obnoxiousness, is impossible to ignore.

Cats...Bean Sidhe is obsessed with seeing if my lap can accomdate both her and the computer and requires daily reassurance, though now that it's getting warmer, she's more interested in going outside to kill things.

Lol, yes, my cat also finds perverse enjoyment in killing helpless little animals, beheading them, and then bringing them to my doorstep. I go to the door to let him in and end up having a funeral for the poor chipmunk that was stupid enough to try and make it's house under my deck. That kinda puts a damper on writing, seeing as it all comes out sounding like some weird, convoluted, rodent obituary.

Logged Logged

~Of Gods and Demons
piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Priestess Skye wrote:
Contessa (my Setter) is jealous of my laptop. she pushes it out of the way so seh can sit on my lap. right now she couldn't do it so she's lying across my legs. she can't be not touching me when i'm using my laptop.

Gotta love, her. The woman has needs and one of them is you, or your bed lol!Priorities woman, priorities.

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
Ummm....my four dogs don't live with me so I wouldn't know but they wouldn't care. xDD They'd just walk around or sleep the whole day lol

Don't you know, a dog is nothing without 18 hours of sleep a day.

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
piratequeen0405 wrote:

I'm convinced that they just hate this magic box and the amount of attention we give to this 'other' pet. See Bean Sidhe has the right idea. Go outside, bring in a 'gift' that will scare the bejesus out of human Mom lol!

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Sessylove219 wrote:
Awww...your cat is bringing you presents! Mine are not allowed outside, so the only gifts they bring me are of the non formerly-alive category, which is good. I once had a cat that went outside and he would bring moles, chipmunks, squirrels, birds, fish, a turtle once, a snake, and a mallard. It sucked.

The pet I have to worry about most is my boyfriend. He does what you all are saying your animals do. As soon as I start writing, he finds the need to talk to me about any and everything, get my advice on something he is doing in the kitchen, ask for a backrub, want me to watch a movie or tv, asks me to play cards or a video game with me, or (and this happens more than anything else) wants to get it on. Sigh.

Ungrateful! I mean, your cat was attempting to provide for the family..tsk tsk...grumble grumble. Your boyfriend is hysterical. He also wants all of his woman's attention.

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
[quote]
Rikayu wrote:

Haha yes. I call him 'Tobi-sama' when he starts to annoy me. It's like he can understand me and then rubs his head apologetically against my arm before settling into my lap. Then, like the devious cat that he is, lays down ON TOP of my laptop when i go out of the room. Stubborn cat.

They are just lucky, Tobi-sama included that we adore them!

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
haha, pretty much. They're like, "Stop typing on that magic box and feed me dang it!"

Selfish lot, aren't they?

Logged Logged

IrishBlackRosie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
My cat is very old and has been with me for a long time (I brought her to America with me ).
She is grouchy and has a stubborn streak... so she tends to do a few things.

If I am typing she feels as though it is her duty to lay on top of my hands or if a finger is being held up that finger is meant for her to rub against.
If I am just sitting with the laptop in my lap, scrolling around and reading she will either a) begin rubbing against the side of the screen or b) stare at me and meow until she has my undivided attention or I at least pet her.

The dog that lives with me doesn't care really for my attention if I am on the computer, but the moment I set the laptop down she is vying for attention right away.

Logged Logged

\"If you\'re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you\'re going to be locked up.\" - Hunter S. Thompson
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:How Do Your Pets React When You Write? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 23
My ferret, Jiraiya, likes to try and 'dig' whatever is on the screen out. For some reason, when I'm writing it seems like he has to work extra hard on it

Even when I move him away, he goes right back to it *sigh* so stubborn. It might just be because when we write, our pets think its taking away from their 'time'

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.