Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Cultural SESSH/KAG
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Cultural SESSH/KAG
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
Hmm i've always pictured Sesshoumaru as fitting for being French or British.

and in general, I prefer the two to stay japanese. but the egyptian idea i'm liking

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 78
What if Sess were Vlad the Impaler?

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Oh it's not the plots... its just sitting and writing.. I'm not focused at all... I'd rather sit here and chat on and off.

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Then you got yourself a problem there little lady xDD We'll just have to fix that. What would motivate you to update?

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Weeeeelllll.........I can always help you with those pesky plot bunnies. I can set up a trap and tie them up in a dungeon.....bwahahahahahahaha...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 01:51 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
angelic memories wrote:
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
Morvelaira wrote:
I've got one coming together in drabble form that's set in medieval Prussia. (Think that fractured area north of Poland, between Germany and Russia.) While there are some cultures that definitely couldn't fit Sess/Kag very well, it's always neat to try it out.

One thing to keep in mind with the Sess=Anubis and Kag=Isis: While Anubis is the dog-headed god of death, Anubis and Isis are mortal enemies... so no easy romance fic there.

Mortal enemies...but that makes it all the more interesting xDD But uhhh yeah I was listing random ideas you know...giving examples lol

But in a sense, miko and youkai are mortal enemies... therefore Sess and Kag would be an interesting match up for an Anubis and Isis idea. It would be difficult to keep everything in character and realistic but the challenge is half the fun!

You know.....since I love Egyptian culture so much I just might do a story like this one day xDD It'll be so awesome! lol You've given me inspiration! *laughs maniacally.......kukukukkukuku*

Lol.... your ku kus are cute.

It would seem I am inspiring many people as of late... I wonder if perhaps I can inspire myself to stop procrastinating and working on my own stories... hm

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
angelic memories wrote:
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
Morvelaira wrote:
I've got one coming together in drabble form that's set in medieval Prussia. (Think that fractured area north of Poland, between Germany and Russia.) While there are some cultures that definitely couldn't fit Sess/Kag very well, it's always neat to try it out.

One thing to keep in mind with the Sess=Anubis and Kag=Isis: While Anubis is the dog-headed god of death, Anubis and Isis are mortal enemies... so no easy romance fic there.

Mortal enemies...but that makes it all the more interesting xDD But uhhh yeah I was listing random ideas you know...giving examples lol

But in a sense, miko and youkai are mortal enemies... therefore Sess and Kag would be an interesting match up for an Anubis and Isis idea. It would be difficult to keep everything in character and realistic but the challenge is half the fun!

You know.....since I love Egyptian culture so much I just might do a story like this one day xDD It'll be so awesome! lol You've given me inspiration! *laughs maniacally.......kukukukkukuku*

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
Morvelaira wrote:

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Morvelaira wrote:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 01:16 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

Morvelaira
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
If you like stories with other cultures, you should check out RosieB's story Beside you in Time. In it, Sess and Kags travel through the centuries, visiting and becoming immersed in many different cultures along the way.

It's a great story, beautifully written, as well as all of her other stories (The Once and Future Taiyoukai is one of my favs.) So, you should check her out!

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/928/1 <----link to Beside you in Time

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Cultural SESSH/KAG 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Sooo....I've seen some adventurous authors on here incorporating other culutres other than Japanese and I just have to give those authors a round of applause. I've seen authors using Greek, German, American, and Native Amercian references. So I have to ask...what kind of cultural Sessh/Kag stories do ya'll like ?

Personally, I've got back into liking ancient Egyptian culture and my favorite of all the Egyptian gods is Anubis, God of the Dead. So having Sesshomaru as Anubis and Kagome as Isis or have them as rulers in Egypt would be awesome to read. I'd also think it would be interesting to see Indian culture in a Sessh/Kag story....that'll be interesting.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 23:57 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.