Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Story Inspirations
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Story Inspirations
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
Priestess Skye wrote:
[quote]piratequeen0405 wrote:

*Blush* Thank you!!! I keep meaning to put it back up here. I should edit it one of these days so I can upload it here.

Then you had best get off your fanny then hadn't you!?!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Rikayu wrote:
It's nice to see a very open-minded person about pairings. It's getting harder to come by them lately.

Variety is the spice of life, no? I got into this fandom because I fell in love with the canon ships. Though I'm probably most identified as a Sess/Kag writer these days, I could never abandon Inu/Kag or Mir/San. They each present their own sets of unique challenges.

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
piratequeen0405 wrote:
I was inspired to write because of A Single Spark. I had been reading stories from other fandoms on ffn, then discovered Spark and was hooked. The archives entertained me for months, then I moved on to the works on the main page. Priestess Skye's stories, including Mirrored Pasts, were among the best. Atonement, Merry Christmas Mr. Taisho, and Kinky Boots are all titles that come to mind easily as well.

When I decided to try a story (or two) of my own, sess/kag is what pulled me, primarily because that was what I was reading at the time, and this particular pairing seemed to fit the ideas I had spinning in my mind.

And EP, thank you so much for the kindness and compliments. I'm truly touched and honored...and blushing like crazy

*Blush* Thank you!!! I keep meaning to put it back up here. I should edit it one of these days so I can upload it here.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
piratequeen0405 wrote:

And EP, thank you so much for the kindness and compliments. I'm truly touched and honored...and blushing like crazy

Yes! Mirrored Past! You are welcome, I always, say EXACTLY, what I mean.

Logged Logged

LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Priestess Skye wrote:
So, here's my discussion question...what inspired to you to first write for IY? And why Sess/Kag when it's so clearly not canon?

I read a lot of great fanfic for this fandom, all pairings (canon or alt). It was actually Golden Fire by RosieB that inspired me to post my dabblings online. Writing fanfic helped me break a long period of writers' block, and it is a great way to experiment, practice, and hone your skills while playing in an already-established universe with familiar characters.

I'm an Inu/Kag girl at heart, but Sess/Kag intrigues me because its such a challenge to canon. Getting them together, while keeping them in character, involves being incredibly creative. I adore uncovering the layers of Sesshoumaru and trying to anticipate how he'd react to the world - and people - around him. My first Sess/Kag fic was Tales from the House of the Moon, and its still one of the best that I've ever read, hands down.

All of my Sess/Kag stories and serials have been written in response to challenges or prompts, interestingly enough...the last 'original' piece I wrote was firmly canon ships. But then, I find writing for challenges or contest communities worthwhile in its own right

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 22:08 By LuxKen27.
piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I was inspired to write because of A Single Spark. I had been reading stories from other fandoms on ffn, then discovered Spark and was hooked. The archives entertained me for months, then I moved on to the works on the main page. Priestess Skye's stories, including Mirrored Pasts, were among the best. Atonement, Merry Christmas Mr. Taisho, and Kinky Boots are all titles that come to mind easily as well.

When I decided to try a story (or two) of my own, sess/kag is what pulled me, primarily because that was what I was reading at the time, and this particular pairing seemed to fit the ideas I had spinning in my mind.

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 34
it was an accident! I swear to God!! i was a HUGE, HUGE IY/KAG fan all my stories were based on their pairing with also SESS/RIN pairings. I was googling the show and I somehow came across Single Spark. At first I was like "this is so wrong, Kagome has to be with Inuyasha" until I started to read the fics, then slowly but surely, I became a die-hard SESS/KAG fan. Now I'm trying to figure out what it was I ever saw in the whole IY/KAG pairing, i mean I'm sure there was something. i just can't remember it. But yeah, that's my whole, how i became a fan story.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
LuxKen27 wrote:
Priestess Skye wrote:
So, here's my discussion question...what inspired to you to first write for IY? And why Sess/Kag when it's so clearly not canon?

I read a lot of great fanfic for this fandom, all pairings (canon or alt). It was actually Golden Fire by RosieB that inspired me to post my dabblings online. Writing fanfic helped me break a long period of writers' block, and it is a great way to experiment, practice, and hone your skills while playing in an already-established universe with familiar characters.

I'm an Inu/Kag girl at heart, but Sess/Kag intrigues me because its such a challenge to canon. Getting them together, while keeping them in character, involves being incredibly creative. I adore uncovering the layers of Sesshoumaru and trying to anticipate how he'd react to the world - and people - around him. My first Sess/Kag fic was Tales from the House of the Moon, and its still one of the best that I've ever read, hands down.

All of my Sess/Kag stories and serials have been written in response to challenges or prompts, interestingly enough...the last 'original' piece I wrote was firmly canon ships. But then, I find writing for challenges or contest communities worthwhile in its own right

It's nice to see a very open-minded person about pairings. It's getting harder to come by them lately.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Excellent Question

Like everyone else here I have my personal Rosetta Stones for this pairing. For me the stories that most resonated and showed a different manner of telling, entirely original and yet thoroughly captivated me were:

Temporal Sequence
Conversations with a Taiyoukai
Tales from the House of the Moon

To this day they hold a sacred space for me. I find them extraordinary and on par with conventional literature, meaning, to me, they far exceed a specific fandom in their intricacy and expansive detail.

They are tales well told. Because of them and a dare, I decided to have a stab at it and have thoroughly enjoyed the adventure of weaving intricate stories that defy the expected and with luck, entertain.

There have been myriad other stories wending their way beyond the usual and one such that I know upon completion will enter the same internal hallowed halls. It is an absolute treat to read each chapter. I speak of Peace Treaty by PirateQueen0405.

The characterizations are exquisitely developed. The story enthralling and holds its own beyond the fandom of itself. It is in the details expressed and the wonderfully poignant depth of the relationship of the main pairing. Within her deft quill is expressed true partnership, love, compassion, passion and friendship between the chosen pairing. The secondary characters are equally fascinating and for a rare and wondrous change, the female secondary characters are strong and fully developed and are partners and participants in their own fate. Believe it or not, that is rarely expressed and this is most refreshing...

Oh good...gone completely off topic lol. I think I will stop now. It was an excellent question.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 11:40 By ElegantPaws.

Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
Well, I first started watching Inuyasha when I stumbled upon adultswim one night when I couldn't sleep. It was the episode inside Inu no Taisho's tomb where Sesshoumaru was trying to get Tetsusaiga.

I instantly had a liking for Sesshoumaru because of his voice, I just thought he was cool. So I'd watch the show hoping that'd he's show up in the episode.

I developed a rather lukewarm liking to Inu/Kag and read a few fics here and there, but shortly after that, I stumbled upon A Single Spark. I don't remember what story I read, but it was that story that sparked my interest in the Sesskag pairing. And after youkai yume started posting her fanart, I was completely and rather, inevitably hooked.

My first fanfic was If You Believe. which I wrote when I was thirteen, I think. Since then, its been revised over and over and over and over.... and over again. Aside from the song featured in the fic, I don't remember what else inspired me to write it.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Originally I was for Sess/Rin but could never get the father/daughter idea too far out of my mind. Once I ran out of stories of Sess/Rin and Inu/Kag to read, I started looking into other pairings. Ended up coming across a few kag/sess that kept making mention to A.S.S and so I decided to check it out, been hooked ever since. Though I couldn't tell you which story got me started, read far too many to remember anymore lol.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
Resmiranda's Tales from the House of the Moon. That story was epic! It made me cry so hard at the end!

But yeah, that's what got me started on sessxkag lol.

Yeah, that's what did it for me as well (made me a little teary eyed at the end as well, ). I read a lot of everything (fanfiction included) and I just stumbled across that one. After reading that 1st, then "Fugue" (same author), "Darkness" (by RhiannonoftheMoon), "The Arrangement" (by Beautiful Silent Death), then finally "The Unknown Warrior" (by Rinseternalsoul), I was hopelessly hooked on the pairing. However, PinkRoseBouquet's "Demon Slayer Sango" (Sess/Sango) was the fic that got me hooked on Inuyasha alt pairings to begin with.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 04:15 By DaiyoukaiGeisha.

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
For me I was a die hard Inu/Kag fan I refused to even read any other pairing but then one day I ran across Cindygirl on either ff.net or mediaminer. I loved her stories and ran across a Sess/Kag by mistake but I read it and feel in love almost instantly. And the rest as they say is history.

Logged Logged
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
rinseternalsoul is my all time fav. author. I love her work! Her work is indeed an inspiration, I found myself re-reading her work over and over again. I still cannot believe shes gone (discontinued writing fanfiction). I found out that a lot of the authors that i grew up with, no longer write. Sure i understand that they have their own lives to run, but its a loss. I hope you, Priestess Skye stay with us for a good long whle.

There are a lot of fanfiction with authors who create amazing story lines that it inspires others to write something similar or they are inspired by an aspect of the story into their own.

So to those of you whom are inspired by an author and want to write something off of it talk to that author. best way to prevent plagerism. ex. I dont know who started the making mark with a bite to the neck, theres plenty of exampe I cant come up with at the moment but there are. I know some authors get upset when they see ideas of their story in someone elses... So while inspiration is good, don't plagerise.

I sound scary...

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
I found fan fiction when I was into Witch Hunter Robin. Then my daughter got me hooked on the InuYasha anime... then the manga... of course, fan fiction followed there too. After reading all the Inu/Kag I could find, I started branching out to Sess/Kag and found I preferred it over Inu/Kag. I've read so much now, I couldn't begin to tell you which one got me hooked on the pairing!

From there, I started beta-ing Sess/Kag for some of my favorite authors. Then, some of my favorite authors, who had become good friends, started bugging me about doing some writing of my own. That's when I wrote my two drabbles and figured they'd leave me alone (because they weren't that great, y'know?). Thankfully, it WORKED!

But I still read voraciously, and attempt to review what I read AT LEAST once through the course of a story.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I can't really say what the first story was that got me into loving Sessh/Kag...it was so long ago and believe me....I've read ALOT of stories since then but just for the sake of telling everyone... my first story was probably The Once and Future Taiyoukai by: RosieB

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 01:34 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
Ah, well my first introduction to fanfiction at all was Shin chan's InuYasha Fanfiction Website (I think that's what its called anyway ). It had sections for each pairing so I went through and read every single fanfic because I had that much time back then. Out of all of them the Sess/kag fandom was my fav and that eventually lead to A Single Spark and then, well, nothing else worked for me. I think I read my last Inu/Kag fanfic in... 2002. Maybe 2003. It was very good though.

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
hey guys,

So, I was sitting here reminiscing over my first IY story, and then my first Sess/Kag story. Inspired Passions (Iy/Kag) was a great experiement, and so was Mirrored Pasts (Sess/Kag).

My inspiration for writing in the IY fandom? I loved what I had read from others and wanted to make a contribution to this fandom. This was like four years ago.

I've had many inspirations for individual stories. Mirrored Pasts was a response to a challenge. I've always enjoyed trying neat and unique things and always try to incorporate a different twist to my story.

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
wynter89 wrote:
*Squeel* I loved reading "Mirrored Pasts" on A.S.S! Did you ever finsh

I did! But it's not on spark anymore. I took it down before the site turned Read Only.

I can be found here www.fanfiction.net/s/3243172/1/Mirrored_Pasts

As for the fic that got me hooked onto Sess/Kag...it was As Death Brings Life (I think it's called) by rinseternalsoul

Logged Logged

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
The first fanfics I read were all Inu/Kag. I just loved them. Then I watched an episode with Sesshy in it and I decided to put him in as the character I wanted stories based on. It was during this time I found some stories with him and OC's, then later a Sess/Kag. I became enamoured with the pairing and then found Tales from the House of the Moon. It was amazing. I started thinking about it, and decided that I wanted to write a story of my own...it started small, and later I got more and more ideas. Long stories are definately a labor of love. When I first started, I was writing several small chapters a day. Now, it is a bit harder to pull it all together.

Sometimes challenges are the inspiration. Oneshots are a great way to excersize your creativity, especially when you are somewhat stalled on a longer story. Sometimes it is just a smutty scene you have playing in your mind. You kinda feel like you need to excorsize a demon (haha) so that you can concentrate on other things.

Inspiration can come from anything. It is all a matter of how you look at the world around you.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
*Squeel* I loved reading "Mirrored Pasts" on A.S.S! Did you ever finsh?

Inspiration? Thats kind of hard. That was since 2004 since my first fic.

Well one thing I know for sure. I fell in love with Sesshomaru and i just had to create a something that involves him. Kagome is my favourate female character in I.Y. You put the two togethere and you have my "Three Guardians" Its not posted on this site though.

I was in gr.9 at the time and in the course we had a Greek Mythology unit.

Basically I put my favourate subjects together and thats my inspiration Mythology and what i can do to these characters. muhahahah (cough) hahaha....

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Resmiranda's Tales from the House of the Moon. That story was epic! It made me cry so hard at the end!

But yeah, that's what got me started on sessxkag lol.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Wow... my inspiration.

I think it was because I wanted to write but I didn't think I was good enough. So I was pondering a way to improve when I stumbled across fan fic. A few friends suggested I try it but I didn't want to follow the usual story lines.

Sess and Kag are different from the usual canon pairing. I loved Sesshomaru when I watched Inuyasha and knew right away I wanted to work with his character because his lack of emotion would be a challenge to work to protray without going out of character. Not to mention, I love challenges, and creating newer and more original ideas to get these two together and keep a readers interest is the best way for me to work this.

Logged Logged

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -666
I think I wrote for Inuyasha because of the characters. Takahashi really does create some fascinating, well-rounded people and they can be quite irresistible to play with. I also think the unending storyline which has since finally ended (sort of...), begged to have some sort of conclusion that we as writers could pen. It really is rich soil for creativity.

As for Sess/Kag, it offers the most fun. If you can get the two of them together in a believable fashion then you must be doing something right. Non-canon is a challenge, especially with all of the relationships and circumstances present that need to be woven around.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Story Inspirations 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
i used to be a inukag but once i started to realize that he was a doushbag i turned to my favorite character Sesshomaru, (i've always had a thing for the cold) anyway i don't remember the story i read but i just remembering the bliss that is Sesskag and i am never ever turing back

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.