Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Reader Torture
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Reader Torture
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 14
ladybattousai wrote:
Somehow, I think while you've made them wait what must seem like their entire existence for a hint of romance, you still haven't written a lemon in those stories, Noa What's the longest you've made readers wait and followed through with that oh so citrusy goodness?

Well, with "A Self Called Nowhere" I made them wait for ten chapters to get to the lemony goo in the center of my fic. And that's pretty quick, for one of my stories. I've never been one to guarantee a lemon in my fics. I generally don't write sex scenes into a fic just because, there has to be a reason for it. Which is probably why I don't have a huge-ass fan base because I don't generally bend and give in to what the readers want. I keep them hovering on the edge. Because that's how I roll.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 26
Noacat wrote:
ladybattousai wrote:
Somehow, I think while you've made them wait what must seem like their entire existence for a hint of romance, you still haven't written a lemon in those stories, Noa What's the longest you've made readers wait and followed through with that oh so citrusy goodness?

I keep them hovering on the edge. Because that's how I roll.

Because that's how you roll?! I love it!!! That's how you should write, and whoever dosen't like it dosen't have to read!

And as for you Ladybattousai, I'll catch up to you! Even if it's by a single word! *shakes fist*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/24 10:56 By Lady Sianna. Reason: A chicken was dancing on my keyboard.

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
angelic memories wrote:
wow then I have to admit you are cruel... but it's fun isn't it?

It so is.

I have one story I'm writing now (and haven't posted yet) where Sesshoumaru doesn't even show up for at least five chapters. B'WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Logged Logged
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 26
Well, I haven't even written a story that long yet! So far I'm up to 95,985 words in my newest story. So far there hasen't been the hint of anything other than friendship. However, I did torture my readers with how long it took for Sesshoumaru to appear. His first appearance was in chapter 5, and even then it was only brief. He dissappeared for, I think a couple more chapters before he came back again.

My best method of torture is cliffhangers. I try to leave them whenever possible.

Logged Logged

Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 28
I've made people wait for over a year for any sort of update at all? >.> /me fail

That has less to do with reader torture and more to do with me being lazy, though.

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: -666

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 27
wow then I have to admit you are cruel... but it's fun isn't it?

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: 27
Due to the pleads and begging from readers I gave into a kiss a little earlier than intended. But I'm around 140 000 I think, somewhere around there and I still have yet to reach a lemon.

Logged Logged

Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Pffft. I haven't even gotten to kissing yet in that particular story. They hugged. Once.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
159,000 and I still haven't gotten to the lemon, as the story is a WIP.

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Reader Torture 15 Years ago Karma: -666
As we all know patience can be well rewarded in fanfiction and that sometimes that which we wait for can taste even better if we're hungering for it. So authors, what is the longest you've made your audience wait for a lemon or at the very least, a kiss?

My longest one is 145,000 words or thereabouts. Anyone beat me?

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 9
Lady Sianna wrote:
I've written at least one lemon in nearly every story I have archived up to this point, and I still feel uncomfortable writing them! More than that, once I have finished writing them, I can never read them again! It makes me terribly uncomfortable for some reason, yet I have no problem reading other people's lemons.

Weird right?

It's not wierd. I guess everyone is different but you and I share the same sentiments when it comes to lemons xDD

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 9
I've never actually have the wts to write a lemon scene. I mean I read them no problem and I even imply a lemon scene but that's as far as I go. For some reason I have no problem reading lemons ut actually writing one make me.....uncomfortable. I don't know why

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
October Rose
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 3
22,954 words and counting. lemons are overated....and kissing, hn can't they just be friends? haha! dang i need to update.....

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 15
Ha, I have the first kiss scene in my story all written out already (it was one of those random inspirational moments you get at 2AM and then end up typing for two hours...) But I've only written 50,000 words of that story so far and I still haven't gotten to a place where I can put it!

And Ladybattousai, you are definitely evil. I remember reading Seven Feudal Fairy Tales and thinking, "Ah! If there is anymore sexual tension my computer is going to spill something on itself! Just make babies already!"

And then they did so, it's all good lol.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 26
I've written at least one lemon in nearly every story I have archived up to this point, and I still feel uncomfortable writing them! More than that, once I have finished writing them, I can never read them again! It makes me terribly uncomfortable for some reason, yet I have no problem reading other people's lemons.

Weird right?

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
Hmm, in She Who the Prophecy Foretold, I'm in chapter 79, over 400,000 words, and no real lemon yet. I've got quite a few limes though.

And in The Syndrome, I'm at chapter 35 I think, and nothing really there at all. There's some kissing in the past chapters, but I don't think it really counts since she didn't know it was him! A real kiss is in either the newest chapter or the one I've got ready to post...

I love dragging things out, almost as much as I love cliffhangers!

Logged Logged
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reader Torture 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Well in my story "Choices and Consequences" there were several sex scenes along the way, but the main event with Sesshoumaru and Kagome took me 60 chapters to build up too. Hopefully it was worth the wait to my readers.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.