Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Alert all artists!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Alert all artists!
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Thank you very much for the alert! I already found a lot of my art on this page.

I encourage all the artists here to check the page for their art, and make their requests to have them taken down ASAP.

Logged Logged

But why is it that I, a simple piece of cheese
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
There is a page on Facebook publishing the art of many of you without permission and without putting your names, which seems to me a total disrespect for you and your work.

This is the page: m.facebook.com/Essesshome/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

I had to say it, I don't think it's fair that they only publish their art and don't give them their credit.

If I could, I would say who are the owners of the drawings and doujinshis published on the page, but I don't know, I'm sorry; That's why it's better if you check if your art is there on that page.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my mother tongue.

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 41
How absolutely disgusting! Thank you for letting us know! So far I've not seen any of my work, but I see a lot of hard-working artists' pieces reposted here and I hope it gets taken care of. Despicable.

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
The page in question also has a function which allows guest posting. The link is here:
m.facebook.com/Essesshome/posts_to_page/

I and many other artists are on a tear notifying this page of their error in failing to request permission or credit the artists. I suggest any other artists who find their art here do the same- it will make our complaint harder to ignore, and will undoubtedly inform the moderator of this page of the proper etiquette in online art sharing.

Logged Logged

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Elvis wrote:
The page in question also has a function which allows guest posting. The link is here:
m.facebook.com/Essesshome/posts_to_page/

I and many other artists are on a tear notifying this page of their error in failing to request permission or credit the artists. I suggest any other artists who find their art here do the same- it will make our complaint harder to ignore, and will undoubtedly inform the moderator of this page of the proper etiquette in online art sharing.

Also, if you're finding this version of the website difficult to navigate, just search Es Sesshome in Facebook and you'll have a more familiar layout.

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Thank you for letting us all know!

Logged Logged
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
No problem, I knew that I had to inform you all because it is simply not fair, I also have a Facebook page but I always make sure I have the artist's permission to publish his art, if he does not have his own page to share from there; and even, they publish their art even when they have several social networks, it is no excuse; Those people just don't mind making the effort to find the authors and ask for their permission. And is not acceptable.

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
If you see your artwork on the page, you can report the entire page for intellectual property rather than selecting each piece individually. I suggest that every active person who sees their art do this. Try to get Facebook to remove the whole group.

Logged Logged
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
Well, these people decided to ignore their words and if I understood correctly, they will continue to do so ... How disgusting!

For my part, I will continue to ask the authors for permission to share their art on my page.

m.facebook.com/Essesshome/photos/a.480654165806867/662116914327257/?type=3

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Bloody Angel wrote:
Here they talk about fanarts, but they don't say anything to excuse their way of acting, they don't seem sorry either

I don't have an understandable way to explain it in English, I'm sorry

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=661477834391165&id=474278779777739

Thank you for staying on top of this and for alerting our community!

I've left a bad review on the page, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. The more bad reviews, the more this person might have to think about what she/he is doing.

If you want to see what the 'notice' she/he posted talks about in English, Google will let you post text in a Spanish to English translation box... in this case, she/he has copied something from a website that explains the legal stuff about creating fanart, but nothing about how she/he is stealing others' fanart and posting it without consent.

It is nearly impossible, unless you are the artist in question, to report this thief to Facebook. I would suggest we just continue to post bad reviews.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
Here they talk about fanarts, but they don't say anything to excuse their way of acting, they don't seem sorry either

I don't have an understandable way to explain it in English, I'm sorry

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=661477834391165&id=474278779777739

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
I left a reply to that post of theirs, as well.

Logged Logged

Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Bumping over that damn spambot for anyone who hasn't seen this yet.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Avi wrote:
If you see your artwork on the page, you can report the entire page for intellectual property rather than selecting each piece individually. I suggest that every active person who sees their art do this. Try to get Facebook to remove the whole group.

Exactly, Avi! I don't have any art on that page, so I cannot report it for intellectual property theft. But I can review it, and will do so frequently if possible. No one does this to our community without consequences. Yeah, I'm very, very angry.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Same, Wiccan! Not a single piece from me was posted there, but I'm fuming. I've had art stolen before. One was even used as a thumbnail for a bootleg app game. I feel awful for all the artists, here, who have found their art posted to there! It's not cool and I want to see this group go down!

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
I made a post on tumblr with info about the stolen art on facebook, please reblog to spread the word if you have tumblr!: mythicamagic.tumblr.com/post/190214830430/inuyasha-fan-art-controversy

Logged Logged
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
I have already shared it on my tumblr, I will also share it on my Facebook page, some people who follow my page also follow the Es Sesshome page, maybe they will spread the word.

Logged Logged
sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
I found his/her posting two of my stolen works and reported them......

Posting one's own work on a public webpage does not mean transferring her/his efforts and style to a large number of anonymous people. If someone want to post them on his/her own page rather than the page where they were originally, he/she should at least respect the author's hard work and contact her/him individually and ask permission.

If it's difficult, he/she can insert the link it's posted in the post rather than just post the original. It's a shame that many people think saving their time is a priority over respecting the author. I think it has anything to do with the disappearance of active artists. ;P

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/01/12 11:25 By sesshomarupatrick.
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
I shared the Tumblr post and also posted a journal to my deviantart requesting my watchers to leave a bad review. The gall of the owner of this group is seriously pissing me off. They're asking their reviewers the names of people affected. While it's a step in the right direction, it was their responsibilty, to begin with, to know who they were stealing from. Not to mention the fact that they stole from so many people I couldn't possibly name them all.

Either way, I've made an effort to put disclaimers on all my SessKag pieces (Not that it'll work) and I'm tempted to add watermarks to any future pieces that say something along the lines of "if you see this in Es Sesshome Facebook group, they stole this art" or "Es Sesshome Facebook group sucks"

Logged Logged
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
They are so brazen on this page, even when they have been told to stop publishing the art of others without permission they have decided to ignore.

Besides that they also refuse to stop, these people are so despicable; Seeing among the works they have published without permission, I found those of: Sesshomarusama33, Sugar0o, LadyShieru, AngelicFoxus, Sayuri Watanabe, YoukaiYume, RannYunny, Elvis, Mythicamagic, Aiko, Kelpie, Steph, Janey-Jane, phishbon3s, Rootslove, NicoRavenPen , -riz-sesskag- and many more.

It is not fair what they are doing and they have to fall.

Just, look this:
m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=663838637488418&id=474278779777739

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
As a suggestion, if you see someone's artwork there and you're uncertain if they are aware, contact then personally and make sure they are aware of the situation. Only the artists with stolen art may report the posts and the group. If all or most of the victims report the group, the chances of it being taken down are higher. A friend of mine said it takes a lot of effort to get a Facebook group removed, but we have the grounds for it. We can potentially do it if everyone is made aware and does their part.

Between the theft, the blatant lies, the justification, and the delusional followers who are applauding the group's justifications, I want to see this group burn.

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Offt they saw my post quicker than expected. Literally in the comments there's a person saying - 'I don't GET it, why aren't the artists FLATTERED, I'd love it if I were an artist and my work was being posted everywhere.'

Like wow. Wow random stranger on the internet. You just highlighted why you'll never be an artist.

They don't understand the feeling of making something and having it appear somewhere else without your knowledge or say. It's not a 'flattering' feeling.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Well, I posted MY response to her. She still has no right to do what she's doing. She shouldn't be posting without permission, and she's still a thief.

She's already replied to me once, saying that posting these images doesn't make her a thief, but I beg to disagree and will continue to post that she's a thief until she takes this stuff down, or she blocks me.

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Oh, yeah. They really are defensive, and they DEFINITELY don't like me, since they took the time to mention me *specifically* in that post Myth's talking about.
I'd advise everyone who's messaged them or commented on their page to keep track of all correspondence between you and their mod. I'm filing a report with facebook about them for copyright infringement, and it may come in handy to have evidence of their non-compliance with requests to stop.
I'm pulling up every article under copyright law that supports our side, and remind them that we wish to settle this civilly, but if they continue to persist, we can take this further.
Nobody wants that to happen of course, but giving them the knowledge that it *could* should, hopefully, bring them around to our way of thinking.
And, possibly, serve as an example to others who might not understand the consequences of reposting without permission (which is legally termed as licence).

Logged Logged

sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
I read her comments, too. To be honest, her innocent impudence drives me crazy more than the theft of the work. She didn't left such comments to hurt anyone, but defending the thief is bad for everyone. Even for her own good.

I really want her and other followers of Es Sesshome to know that innocent attention or words are not always harmless.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/01/12 18:30 By sesshomarupatrick.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.