Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Where did the name "Toga" come from?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Where did the name "Toga" come from?
susie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Where did the name "Toga" come from? 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
I had always assumed Sesshoumaru's father's name was an invention within the fandom, since I do not recall it ever being stated in the series. But I hear it referenced a lot outside of fanfiction. So, can anyone tell me where- or if- their father's name was given out? Or did we just make it up?

Sorry if this has been asked.

Thanks!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Where did the name "Toga" come from? 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 21
I think it started with the fanfiction Tears of the Fallen. It was such an awesome story.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated R on 'Spark, so it would be MA here. NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/11/28 12:21 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: inserted rating

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Where did the name "Toga" come from? 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
I'm pretty sure the people who worked on the 3rd Inuyasha movie, "The Swords of the Ruler" were the ones who came up with the name. Or that's what I've heard anyway.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/11/28 12:19 By Chie. Reason: Can't type to save my damn life
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Where did the name "Toga" come from? 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
It came from the 3rd movie. They were going to call him Toga-ou,but didn't because RT didn't want them to as she wasn't sure if she was going to use him more as the manga wasn't done yet. Instead, the cast just called him Inupapa for general use and no name was assigned to him in the movie

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
susie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Where did the name "Toga" come from? 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Thank you for the info. Did you hear about that in an interview or something? Just curious.
Also, how about Inukimi? This is a name I have come across multiple times, and not just in fanfiction. Though I wondered if it was just taken from fan stories, or if the creator had mentioned it somewhere.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.