Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
All Old Banners Are Gone!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: All Old Banners Are Gone!
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
I don't know where else to post this. But all my old participation banners from the old Dokuga drabbles (Weekly Perfection) are not working anymore. Seems photobucket isn't allowing them. I think Forthright was in charge of them but I don't know if she is around anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/07/01 23:17 By Avadrea.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
Avadrea wrote:
I don't know where else to post this. But all my old participation banners from the old Dokuga drabbles (Weekly Perfection) are not working anymore. Seems photobucket isn't allowing them. I think Forthright was in charge of them but I don't know if she is around anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?

unfortunately, it's photobucket's problem. they recently finished a complete site overhaul in that where the only way to use their 3rd party hosting--being able to post the urls of uploaded images to somewhere like our profiles--is by purchasing a type of plan or subscription (stupid expensive too, and the first and cheapest of them still doesn't offer 3rd party hosting!). a free account now only gets you space to upload things to your library, like usual, and that's about it.

yes, it's absolute sh*t. the site went from gradually worsening to insanely bad ads making navigation hard in an attempt to force the 'ad blocking subscription' to full on 'you basically cannot use this site for what pretty much everyone uses it for without paying now.'

i don't know if it's affecting everyone the same way it is certainly affecting me, or maybe other have tricks up their sleeves that i don't, because i know the banners offered for the Weekly Dokuga_Official Snippet banners are photobucket links but still appear as images, so i don't know...

but either way, that change DID happen, and IS an enormous pain.

sorry. i'm just a little bit salty. T -T

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
Maybe we can get those old images and host them somewhere else. Someone who has a website or something. I would be willing to since I have to set up a website for my art anyway. I would just need the old images. I think they where all Forthy's and I don't know if she is active anymore.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
It's rather odd... anything that was hosted on another photobucket or imageshack account is gone, but the things that I host on my own photobucket account are still there. Hmmm... guess I'd better sign into photobucket and see what's going on?
:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 38
Ooookkieee dokieeeee then.
That's miserable.

If we have the original images, we can upload them somewhere else and then see about linking them back to everyone.

But I imagine it's going to be a pain the butt.

Hang tight peeps! We'll see what we can do!

Logged Logged

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 27
I'm willing to host. I should have some image space on my comic website. If not I am also building an art website.

Logged Logged

skullkat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
Avadrea wrote:
Maybe we can get those old images and host them somewhere else. Someone who has a website or something. I would be willing to since I have to set up a website for my art anyway. I would just need the old images. I think they where all Forthy's and I don't know if she is active anymore.

So Photobucket finally hit rock-bottom.

I stopped using them about 5 years ago when they started messing things up. Unfortunately I can't think of another free site to host right off hand. My ex used Image Shack but I don't know if it is still around and if I recall he would sometimes have problems with the links.

Did a quick Google search ("free photo hosting sites") and some of these websites are completely unfamiliar to me. I see TinyPic still exists but not everybody likes using it.

Logged Logged

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
The old images were the property of those who created the images. We would have to locate them and ask if they still had them and then find a place to host them. Anyone who relocated the old images to their own hosting might still have them, but we can't know for sure.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
it's all like a horrible horrible bad dream...

Logged Logged
Reira
Pup
graphgraph
I am a paying Photobucket user, and this change has me absolutely livid. I still seem to be covered with my current plan (my pictures haven't vanished yet), but when I get billed again I am uncertain if it will change. I write a series using The Sims which uses images, and this change now means I have no idea how I am going to host the hundreds of pictures I have.

I do not get billed again until March next year, so I am also happy to host in the meantime if it is true that I am not affected. I also got access to the images for dokuga_contest via visiting the albums themselves (here), and I would be happy to save them all to my hard drive and host them if that is acceptable and/or needed.

EDIT: I have contacted Photobucket to find out details about how the changes effect me.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/07/05 15:35 By ReiraKurenai.
Shizuka Asano
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
If you can locate the images or if anyone has them there is Imgur to host on. It's not too bad as I use it myself but it's only an option.
I never got to participate in the old challenges or drabbles so I don't have any but I'm sorry to those who did, those are like badges of honor and I hope you're able to get them all back.<3

{Mobile/running on 0 sleep, please excuse my runon sentences and bad grammar.}

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/07/06 07:25 By WakaiAsanosama.

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Thanks Reira! I was able to get all of my banners. You do have to delete your cookies if you have been to your profile or Photobucket will show you that "NO 3rd party hosting" image instead. Priestess Skye's challenge images are also gone. I'm trying to find hers as well. I had some saved... but only the ones I planned on doing. Also you can try the way back machine. I was getting some images that way.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:All Old Banners Are Gone! 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Skye is still around, you might try PMing her about the banners you're missing... she might have them saved somewhere on a hard drive.

It's worth a try!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Reira
Pup
graphgraph
I have some of Skye's banners (managed to get to the Photobucket page when I needed to get the Seven Deadly Sins banners). If you are unable to reach her, I can pass them on.

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I've got everything back! Thanks guys! I hope everyone can get their stuff back too.

Logged Logged

Reira
Pup
graphgraph
I am yet to get complete confirmation of this from a support member, but according to the Photobucket FAQ, it seems that I will at least have 3rd party hosting until December 2018. So, as a temporary solution, I should be able to host images. As I said before, I am more than happy to host for whoever and whatever is needed.

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
More of my banners are disappearing as Photobucket shuts down more and more 3rd party services. The new Dokgua weekly challenges tokens are now also gone. >.< I have loaded all my old stuff on imgur. It seems to be an option...

Logged Logged

Shizuka Asano
Pup
graphgraph
HEY GUYS!

So I was trying to fix my pics for a few rp pages of mine and I found out that if you copy the image url and place it in the browser url it'll take you directly to the image.
This works atleast 70% of the time.
There are some pics I don't think you can access the ones in private photobucket albums,
but it works for a good few.
This way you can atleast save the image and upload it to imgur or some other image hosting website.

[Edit]: This only works the first time someone views the pic directly unless you have access to the account that's hosting it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/07/09 20:16 By WakaiAsanosama. Reason: Update

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
[Edit]: This only works the first time someone views the pic directly unless you have access to the account that's hosting it.[/quote]

You can get it to work after the first time IF you delete your browser history. I also have found that you cannot get them if they are in a private folder.

I am still missing two banners. I knew I should have backed up ALL My banners two days ago when I started fixing things. As Photobucket expands it's closing of third party access more banners disappeared. I am backing my profile up now. Two banners isn't to bad to lose all in all.

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
all my banners are broke too.

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.