Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date?
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
Hey everyone. I was curious if anyone knows Kagome's birth date.

The only date I can find, is the year (1982)

I was curious if anyone knew her month/day?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
There's a LOT of debates on that, actually, since Takahashi never kept her timeline in order. We do know her birthday is in the Fall (likely between September to October), according to the school schedule in Japan. There's also a claim from Google from an InuYasha Character Book that it is July 2, 1981, but I do not think that it is accurate.

Go ahead and have some freedom with Kagome's birthday, if you need to.

Logged Logged
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
FantomuAiShi wrote:
There's a LOT of debates on that, actually, since Takahashi never kept her timeline in order. We do know her birthday is in the Fall (likely between September to October), according to the school schedule in Japan. There's also a claim from Google from an InuYasha Character Book that it is July 2, 1981, but I do not think that it is accurate.

Go ahead and have some freedom with Kagome's birthday, if you need to.

Thank you so much for this. I am currently working on my second story, 'As It Will Be' and there are some changes to Kagome's physical description. I wanted to try and keep as many original details as I could since I am changing her height and her size.

I know her year is 1982. Thank you for letting me know what season she more than likely is in. -It makes since that she would be a Libra.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/07 09:49 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Haha, I for some reason think Kagome as a virgo, but libra works pretty well. My birthdate for her is Sept.14 and I kept it consistent so far for my own (unrelated) stuffs.

Best of luck with your fics! Glad I'm able to help.

(PS. Supposedly Inuyasha was born on April 1st, from few unreliable sources. Ouch. April Fools Baby. That explains a lot, if that is true.)

Logged Logged
Lazurite
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
The Japanese school year begins in April and ends in July (second term begins in September and third in January). Easy to remember if you consider that graduations usually take place when the sakura begins to bloom in March. If she turns 15 the day she falls down the well in 1997 at the start of the school year, then she would be born between April and July of 1982.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
I'm partial to place her birthday around September but I'm probably biased as my own bday's around that time. I can't remember any mention in the manga about what time of the school year it was, but such details could have just slipped my mind. ^^;

Still, judging by the clothes Kagome wears in the first chapter, I'd rule out any summer months.

Logged Logged
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Is there any part in the managa/tv series where they say its Kagome's birthday? (I know they would say what date it is, but if it is an episode where they celebrate her birthday, we can take a look at the weather and such lol)

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
Yes, Kagome gets pulled down the well the day she turns 15, so the very first episode/chapter features her birthday.

Logged Logged
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Chie wrote:
Yes, Kagome gets pulled down the well the day she turns 15, so the very first episode/chapter features her birthday.

Thank you, I didn't recall that detail.... Then again its been a few years since I saw the first episode.

Logged Logged
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Yeah, I really don't think Kagome's birthday is in July though, because she was wearing (early?) winter school uniform. Plus, summer uniform is the one with short sleeves, iirc, which she didn't wear on her birthday. From quick googling, July is actually a hot and rainy month for Japan, the following months gets a bit cooler and cooler until it gets cold in January. (Source: www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/tokyo-weather-by-month) I doubted she'd wear her winter uniform if it's that hot in July, unless she was required to-of which I am unable to find an answer for.

I also doubt she's in her first term, too; likely her second school term, according to the common schedule given below.

This is directly from wikipedia to further corresponding my input: "In Japan, school holidays take place from late March to early April, from the late July until early September, and over the Christmas and New Year period from December 24 to January 7. Additionally there is a full holiday week in May called "Golden Week."

Her birthday is likely to be somewhere in August/September. Kagome doesn't act like she was starting her school semester, iirc, in that first episode, but more or less was on her usual routine before she was taken to beyond the well.

Whoops, sorry! Seems I got off tangent here. Hope my quick researches helped some. :/

EDIT: added some extra comments I remembered to add.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/07 18:46 By FantomuAiShi.
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
FantomuAiShi wrote:
Yeah, I really don't think Kagome's birthday is in July though, because she was wearing (early?) winter school uniform. Plus, summer uniform is the one with short sleeves, iirc, which she didn't wear on her birthday. From quick googling, July is actually a hot and rainy month for Japan, the following months gets a bit cooler and cooler until it gets cold in January. (Source: www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/tokyo-weather-by-month) I doubted she'd wear her winter uniform if it's that hot in July, unless she was required to-of which I am unable to find an answer for.

I also doubt she's in her first term, too; likely her second school term, according to the common schedule given below.

This is directly from wikipedia to further corresponding my input: "In Japan, school holidays take place from late March to early April, from the late July until early September, and over the Christmas and New Year period from December 24 to January 7. Additionally there is a full holiday week in May called "Golden Week."

Her birthday is likely to be somewhere in August/September. Kagome doesn't act like she was starting her school semester, iirc, in that first episode, but more or less was on her usual routine before she was taken to beyond the well.

Whoops, sorry! Seems I got off tangent here. Hope my quick researches helped some. :/

EDIT: added some extra comments I remembered to add.

Thank you for the breakdown, that was really helpful.

I have decided to make Kagome's birthday September 21st in my story.

Logged Logged
Didie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 65
Well I have to disagree with FantomuAiShi-san.. and to answer this, I was rewatching some early episode of Inuyasha, so I hope I gave you the right answer... ^^

I think Kagome's birthday is in near ending Spring (around May), because in 12th episode of Inuyasha, she was actually wore a summer-style uniform, and when she met a little girl named Mayu (that had already dead), she was wondering why the little girl wore a thick jacket in this early summer... (maybe in early July, because she still went to school, the summer vacation starts from the end of July in Japan's education system)

Another guess why her birthday was in near ending spring (around May), because there was no sight of Sakura blooms in early episode and Sakura blooms in April..

Don't forget the scene in the middle until the end of episode of 'Inuyasha' series, there were some autumn hints here and there and for 'Inuyasha: Final Act', the scene was in Winter..

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/08 00:51 By golden_flower.
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Er, the biggest fault with Takahashi is her managing the timeline. Her timeline is never consistent with any of her manga, InuYasha happens to get the worst of it due the time traveling ascept though, iirc. The movies aren't canon either, necessarily, unless you want them to be. If they are canon, then where and when do they takes place in the anime? That's the biggest question with them.

Also, Japan have differing weathers in different areas, and don't forget, 500 years ago it's bound to be different with weathers from the modern era. So, it's very hard to say.

Not only that there's too many sources saying her birthday is somewhere in the fall.

But, good argument just the same! I just don't agree because Takahashi struggles with her timeline and other factors. We may never knows for sure. I just think it falls in better for Kagome to have a Fall birthday.

Logged Logged
Lazurite
Pup
graphgraph
September just does not fit with the Japanese school year OR the Mayu chapters. Souta explicitly states Mayu died six months earlier and she's wearing a coat in the middle of summer. A fall birthday just doesn't make sense. Also, lack of cherry blossoms at the start of the series means nothing. Sakura blooms for a very short period in late March and early April, it symbolizes the transience of life that is so important in Buddhism. The best we can theorize is that her birthday is sometime between April and July.

I've been graphing a detailed timeline for years for a story I've been working on, and there really aren't that many contradictions. People have a skewed sense of time because the series went on for so long and there were so many filler arcs in the anime. The anime really screwed up a lot of things and has been the source of many, many misconceptions in the fandom.

All that said, if you want to take a little artistic license and make her birthday in September then I don't think it's a big deal.

Logged Logged
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
As I've said before, Rumiko wasn't clear about her timelines. That's her biggest fault with her writing. And the school is indeed in session during September, many sources said they do have school in September, so I'm not sure where your get your information from? Maybe I am misunderstanding your wordings.

Honestly though, we don't really know for sure with Kagome's birthday. Takahashi never said a word nor was she clear about it, especially since Japan is a humid country and Kagome is wearing her winter uniform. It's one of those times I do wish she was one of many authors who like to include character fun facts blurbs in the manga.

Fall birthday is simply my preference, thus the 'I just think' in my previous post.

Go ahead and make a birthday up for Kagome if you want.

Logged Logged
landofthekwt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
IY does have a time line. The first chapter starts with Kagome's birthday when Kagome goes done the well Kagome returns a few days after the HS opening ceremony in early April. In between there are seven new moons and the time after IY is unsealed to the first new moon and the time from the last new moon and the day of Kagome's return Kagome's birthday has to be between 168-212 days before the HS opening ceremony

Logged Logged
Lazurite
Pup
graphgraph
FantomuAiShi: You are misreading me. I'm not saying school isn't in session in September. I'm saying her birthday isn't in September. There is just no way the Mayu chapters (36-38) are in Fall. I'm not saying Takahashi doesn't have issues, but it's not with her timing or plot. You can track the passage of time by the new moons fairly easily. Although, we never know if she shows all the new moons or if she skips a few. I'm of the opinion that she skips a few. Her main inconsistencies are with her art, hence people's confusion about a lot of things. Kagome wears a lot of different outfits in the first few volumes then starts wearing the same thing every time we see her for the rest of the series, so I don't think you can take her clothing as an indication of the season. All my info comes from reading the manga closely several times and taking notes (including reading it in the original Japanese).

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
I ran across another little clue today.

Early on in the series, during the Mask of Flesh arc in Volume 3, Kagome goes back to her own time to study and she has tests at school.

Finals are at the end of each school term (July, December, March) but the first two terms also have midterms.

Given that the Mayu arc taking place in the next volume is set in the summer, I doubt these are the July finals so I'm guessing these tests could be the first term midterms held in late May.

Based on that assumption, Kagome's birthday could be somewhere from late April to May.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_festival_%28Japan%29

When Kagome and Inuyasha are in the play with Hojo and blow off the roof of the school, it's for a Cultural festival.

Assuming that they held their's on Monday Nov 3, 1997, then Kagome would have been in the Feudal Era for at least 3 new moons before this, so that would add credit to Chie's find putting her from May - June.

New moons that i can remember happening before or at all of the Cultural festival:
-Spider heads, where kagome gets told she smells pretty.
-Demon head fruit, where Kagome gets to ear Inuyasha's fire rate as a dress.
-Kagura sees Inuyasha in his human form but doesnt tell about it to Naraku.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 52
I had always assumed that Kagomes birthday was the 25th of September. I have seen this mentioned in several fan fictions.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know Kagome's actual Birth Date? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
Eh, I've put Kagome's birthday in September in one of my fics too. -shrugs-

Even if Kagome's birthday were in April/May, there is no shame in taking liberties with the canon. After all, we're all already doing so by shipping Sesshoumaru and Kagome in the first place.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.