Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
So I was wondering...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: So I was wondering...
#107380
Kounami
Pup
Posts: 6
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been apart of the Dokuga community for at least 3 years now. And I have enjoyed my stay here. Recently I've noticed that a lot of our serious veterans don't post or write as much anymore. So I was wondering... Is this like the beginning of the end to Dokuga? Or no? I would love to help do something if at can!
 
Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107381
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
Posts: 1377
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
Authors come and go, whether they post many stories, a few, or just the one. Even veteran authors here will not always be here, for one reason or other. However, where one author stops posting, at least 5 new ones takes his/her place.
 
Logged Logged
 
Last Edit: 2015/05/16 08:44 By belovedstranger.
 
~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107382
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
Posts: 1908
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 190
As Dokuga is the repository, when combined with the 'Spark archive, of over 11,000 stories, this site will be here as long as members are willing to donate to keep it up and running.

Let that sink in for a minute... 11,000 stories, all about one pairing in one fandom!!!

As far as single-pairing fanfiction sites go, I'd say we've been pretty successful thus far. I can also say that we still have new members signing up on a regular basis, like, every day. If we didn't still have such interest... if we went days without anyone updating or posting new stories, I'd be concerned. As it is, however, like BelovedStranger said, there are new authors posting at least weekly, if not daily.

And that's not to mention all the fanart we host!!

Plus the forum, where anyone can come to ask questions or just muse about Sess/Kag, fandoms, or life in general. I think Dokuga is still pretty relevant, and I hope others do too.

~~Wiccan~~
 
Logged Logged
 

\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864


  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107394
Pyreite
Time Traveler
Posts: 708
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
Kounami wrote:
I've been apart of the Dokuga community for at least 3 years now. And I have enjoyed my stay here. Recently I've noticed that a lot of our serious veterans don't post or write as much anymore. So I was wondering... Is this like the beginning of the end to Dokuga? Or no? I would love to help do something if at can!

Nah,

I think RL just takes priority for many, old members, and new. I slip out from time to time with working, and other stuff in RL. I come back now and again, but don't post or write as much as I used too.

Different interests.

Peeps are just likely very busy, or maybe have moved to other fandoms, which is perfectly natural.

Realistically though, alot of non-canon pairings don't actually survive in communities online like Dokuga. This site is an exception to the rule of course, but then it does have a dedicated following too. It's an established neighbourhood with plenty of fans, others are more obscure and restricted to one or two stories etc kind of thing.

I wish there were a place like this for my other OTPs in my fav fandoms outside Inuyasha.

That would be kewl.

~ Pyre
 
Logged Logged
 
Banner made by r0o! Thanks r0o!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107573
Smittee
Shikon Miko
Posts: 1071
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
Pyreite wrote:
Kounami wrote:
I've been apart of the Dokuga community for at least 3 years now. And I have enjoyed my stay here. Recently I've noticed that a lot of our serious veterans don't post or write as much anymore. So I was wondering... Is this like the beginning of the end to Dokuga? Or no? I would love to help do something if at can!

Nah,

I think RL just takes priority for many, old members, and new. I slip out from time to time with working, and other stuff in RL. I come back now and again, but don't post or write as much as I used too.

Different interests.

Peeps are just likely very busy, or maybe have moved to other fandoms, which is perfectly natural.

Realistically though, alot of non-canon pairings don't actually survive in communities online like Dokuga. This site is an exception to the rule of course, but then it does have a dedicated following too. It's an established neighbourhood with plenty of fans, others are more obscure and restricted to one or two stories etc kind of thing.

I wish there were a place like this for my other OTPs in my fav fandoms outside Inuyasha.

That would be kewl.

~ Pyre


I feel that is exactly what it is. I mean, how long has it been for me? I feel like a disappear and reappear all the time. XD With working and going to school full time, I really lost track of things. That and lost track of my creative spark for a while. And yet, here I am again. Every time I come back, many things are the same while a few things are different. Some people are here, and others are not. Still, this community thrives.
 
Logged Logged
 
www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\\\'s transforming powers in the claim\\\'s game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107574
Chie
Daiyoukai
Posts: 528
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 77
I'm not sure if I qualify as a serious veteran, but I've been around for 9 years now, and I can safely say I'm not going anywhere. :'D

Like others have pointed out, people come and go, change fandoms, are sucked into the dreaded Real Life. I'd also like to add that one reason for this is simply the fact that as the years pass by, we all grow and change. We get new RL responsibilities. Some people might grow out of the fandom and some writers might lose interest in their own story because they're no longer the same person who once started writing it.

And that's all fine. It's natural.

And there are still those who persists, and the new people who join in. So as far as this dork goes, I have no worry for Dokuga ending.
 
Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107589
Pyreite
Time Traveler
Posts: 708
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
Chie wrote:
I'm not sure if I qualify as a serious veteran, but I've been around for 9 years now, and I can safely say I'm not going anywhere. :'D

Like others have pointed out, people come and go, change fandoms, are sucked into the dreaded Real Life. I'd also like to add that one reason for this is simply the fact that as the years pass by, we all grow and change. We get new RL responsibilities. Some people might grow out of the fandom and some writers might lose interest in their own story because they're no longer the same person who once started writing it.

And that's all fine. It's natural.

And there are still those who persists, and the new people who join in. So as far as this dork goes, I have no worry for Dokuga ending.


Nods,

The only thing I worry about is the annual fundraiser, with crossed fingers that everything pans out.

It always does, nods, thanks to Wiccan, but it always makes me a little nervous.

Dokuga is one of my longterm sites.

I'm glad it's still here, even though I disappear a lot.

It's become like a fandom staple like chocolate.

~ Pyre
 
Logged Logged
 
Last Edit: 2015/05/26 02:28 By Pyre.
 
Banner made by r0o! Thanks r0o!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#107590
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
Posts: 603
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 46
Hopefully I'll be able to donate some money soon. A little over a year now is the longest I've lived on my own and the fifth attempt. I'm not doing to bad this time.

I'm not ever going to really disappear, maybe just lurk for a while, but is this place ever vanished I don't know what I'd do. Losing all these amazing stories.
 
Logged Logged
 
My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can\\\'t, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#115239
Kounami
Pup
Posts: 6
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So I was wondering... 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
NOW I understand!!! Lol! I wrote this message 4 years ago and I'm just now coming back and seeing the thread and answers to this!!! Thanks everyone that answered! RL really does get in the way!!! lol
 
Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.