Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Why do we....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Why do we....
Selena Ravo
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why do we.... 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
Why do we writers call Sesshoumaru the 'Ice Prince' instead of 'Ice Lord' or such? Can someone please explain this to me.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why do we.... 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 57
Selena Ravo wrote:
Why do we writers call Sesshoumaru the 'Ice Prince' instead of 'Ice Lord' or such? Can someone please explain this to me.

I actually don't know. I've not heard the expression in fanfiction in reference to Sesshy, or maybe I have and don't remember. It could be the latter instead of the former. Actually I'd call Sesshy the 'Ice Prince' instead of 'Ice Lord' since compared to his dad he's kind of a princeling, or a baby royal youkai. He doesn't really become Lordly until after, in my opinion, the Final Act. He's less of a jackass and more compassionate, more mature, so he'd qualify for being 'Lordly'.

As for Ice Lord well considering that Sesshy is a youkai and all mystical and stuff. I'd automatically assume he was the Lord of an Iceberg, like an ice youkai if we called him an Ice Lord. For me it's a literal rather than a figurative description. If you mean Ice as in cold and impassive, well, I'd call him an arrogant prig, which he is, rather than an Ice Lord to me anyway.

I dunno.

Others will think differently.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/30 20:34 By Pyre.
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why do we.... 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
Selena Ravo wrote:

Well from my years of reading Japanese manga, I always saw the reference of "Ice Prince". Though Sesshomaru is a Lord in some ways...the image of an 'Ice Prince' is a person who is stoic and unfeeling to others. Think of it as a reference to someone instead of breaking up the meaning to 'Ice' and 'Prince'.

Logged Logged

Selena Ravo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why do we.... 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Thank you, thank you both. I see now.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.