Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Some Words on Chat
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Some Words on Chat
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Some Words on Chat 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 51
Recently, there's been a lot of drama involving live chat. It's caused a lot of stress and upset for the regular chatters, and forced us to tighten rules and be more strict in chat.

When we first put the live chat up, it was an incredibly fun place to go. I've become really good friends with a lot of people on this site because of chat, but recently, there has been less fun and a suffocating amount of strain and frustration.

We've had people who came into chat and dominated the conversation with themselves in a ploy for attention, admiration, etc., and besides being nauseating, both of those people turned out to be compulsive liars. I don't know what the benefit is of making lies up for attention, but it really was just sickening to sit there and watch while someone wasted everyone's time with her life. She wasn't vicious, but if she was in chat, we were talking about her and all the details of her life that were obviously fabricated, unless we wanted to playing along in believing someone who graduated from Yale medical school at 21 who adopted a crack baby outside of a cookie factory and owned several full sized tigers can't form coherent sentences.

Someone else came into chat and insulted others and implied their work wasn't worth reading, but everyone should read hers. When I sent her an email asking her to be more courteous, she made up a bogus story about how her account was hacked by one of her many admirers so I wasted my time in investigating that, only to find out it was a lie, like many other things she uttered in chat as a means to elevate herself above others.

Then, we had another little deal over a member who brought a boy in one of her classes onto our site and impersonated me. I'm not sure when dead baby jokes are going to become funny, but I really wasn't okay with that and found it really hurtful and unnecessary.

So, yesterday, while we were trying to help things calm down and have fun, a non Sess/kag fan logged into chat and started making violent, moody, crazy-person talk.

I am getting really exhausted with the whole thing. The site script and the chat script don't get along well and on top of all the technical problems that arise when we have to change anything -- like adding more rules, stricter moderation, and access control -- there are chat logs to read, and people to talk to.

So, out of respect for the fun we've had:

1. Don't bring strangers to Dokuga unless their Sess/Kag fans or potential Sess/Kag fans.
A lot of these problems came from people inviting their friends so they can talk to them using our chat and PMs. This site is only for the Sess/Kag community, and those people don't belong here.

2. Don't misuse Dokuga.
We haven't had big problems with people flirting or whatever because the community is almost completely female, but there have been a couple of incidents of people hitting on each other through chat or PM. In one case, someone was using Dokuga so she could talk to her 25-year-old internet boyfriend from her *high school*.

3. Respect the work of other members.
No one is making any money or getting famous, but several members have decided what they do is somehow worth more than what someone else does. Those types of comments can be really hurtful to new writers and they're completely unnecessary.

4. Respect the beliefs and opinion of other members.
Please keep in mind that with the except of gender, Dokuga is a VERY diverse crowd. We have people from all different religions, races, colors, political beliefs, and backgrounds. We like it that way, and those differences can be fun, they can be something to talk about, and they can be appreciated. They don't need to be a source of conflict though. Anti-Christian, pro-gun, anti-republican, whatever...Dokuga is not the place to fight about that stuff.

5. Listen to the moderators.
From now on, we're going to encourage stricter moderation. If you break any of the rules or contribute to making the environment unfriendly, they have the right and ability to remove you from chat. If the moderator asks you to leave a subject or you say something that his insulting or hurtful, you will be kicked from chat.

6. Let us know about problems.
It's easier to deal with someone before they've pissed everyone off than after, so if you think that someone on the site is going to cause problems, or already has, please let us know.

As we move forward into the holiday season, remember we're all just here to have fun.

-Amy

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Some Words on Chat 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 19
I really hate that restrictions had to be put on something we all found so fun..but it had to be done...now i know it is not my fault BUT i am going to apologise for bringing one of the Drama people in here... I am the one who brought her in to this site so i do feel bad about all of the drama she brought with her...especially the whole Alex and Blaze situations. Hopefully people will follw the rules from now on!

~ITL~

Logged Logged

And my wonderful Icon was made by the equally wonderful Danyealle Myst
possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Some Words on Chat 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I would like to remind everyone that we are, in effect, party guests of Miss Kagura on this site. This site belongs to her and she can do what she likes with it.

Whether you read, write and/or review, you are expected to show the proper respect to your hostess and the other members joining in the 'party'.

There seem to be a few who believe they have a right to do as they please on this site. They are sorely mistaken.

Miss K. does not get paid to run this site, quite the contrary... She spends huge amounts of personal time and energy making sure we all have a great time while here.

More than anyone, she should be having fun with it. If this hobby of hers becomes tiresome and not worth the hassle/drama, who could blame her for saying, "That's it, I'm tired, I'm done."

If that happens, the party goes away.

How can you help? Report problems in a polite manner. Show a little gratitude, visit her profile page and say "Thank-you!" once in a while. Dust off and use your best manners while you are here and respect the rules she has laid down.

If you have no idea what good manners are, feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to instruct you.

For those foolish enough to willfully neglect using their 'party' manners please remember... I have a loaded possum and I'm not afraid to use it...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.