Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports!
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 51
Hi Monty!

Sorry for the broken links and difficulties. Which links do you have that are broken? When I was upgrading the site while back I inadvertently caused a bug that caused incomplete links to display on stories. If there's enough data in them, I'll hunt down the correct links.

The search function is horribly bugged. We're totally revamping that area to contend with that bug and a lot of other problems caused by script and database structure.

I do have 2 suggestions as well. I love on the site The Petulant Poetess that they have this neat thing where for each chapter of a story you can click "not read" and it'll become check marked and say "read". It comes in handy for people like me who read so much they tend to forget what exactly they've read!

That sounds like a great idea, and it wouldn't be that hard to implement. In addition to having the toggle button, do you think it would be helpful to automatically mark a chapter as 'read' when the user clicks to read the next one?

Updates for stories would be great too. I have a folder in my Hotmail where all my little fanfic updates from FF.net get sent. I'm happy every time I see a new one in it!
Story alerts are coming, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish them. Hopefully, we'll be able to finish the rest of the fanfiction area ahead of schedule.

Thank you for the feedback, let me know about your broken links. If nothing else, I can look them up manually.

Apologies for the frustration.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/07/25 14:32 By Miss_Kagura.

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MLMonty
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Toccata is broken as well saying it has an invalid id. I don't know about the others. I took a couple months off reading Sess/Kag to catch up on the HG/SS fanfics and haven't really explored here too much. I have a tendency to switch btwn the two fandoms and not read both at the same time for some reason.

This is the link I have saved for Toccata: dokuga.com/component/option,com_ewriting/Itemid,153/func,chapterinfo/

and this is what it displays after clicking on it: dokuga.com/component/option,com_ewriting/Itemid,/?mosmsg=Invalid+ID

I have no problem with chapters being marked as read automatically. Others, might, maybe something like have a box you check in your profile that gives you the option of having it done automatically or manually?

Yay! story alerts are coming! eventually but coming nonetheless. Okay this maw bee (I'm confident one day I'll be mommy) has to go get strawberry drink for the kiddo, so good luck fixing it.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 51
Here's the working link for Toccata:

dokuga.com/component/option,com_ewriting/Itemid,153/chapter,102/func,chapterinfo/story,31/type,0/

As you can see, I sporked it awhile back and caused it to cut links off. It should be working fine now.

I have no problem with chapters being marked as read automatically. Others, might, maybe something like have a box you check in your profile that gives you the option of having it done automatically or manually?

That's doable, I was playing around earlier and made a filterable chart where a person can see a list of all the fics they're reading, and whether or not they're subscribed to alerts or favorites.

Yay! story alerts are coming! eventually but coming nonetheless. Okay this maw bee (I'm confident one day I'll be mommy) has to go get strawberry drink for the kiddo, so good luck fixing it

We're all very hard at work at making improvements. All the patience and input has been so wonderful.

Logged Logged

You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

Lady Enzera
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
Oh not to be a huge pain but the counter thats says how many people have read the story doesn't work. I was curious to see how many reads a particular one shot had and it says 0, so I looked at my stoy and it also says 0. Just thought I'd point this out. It's really frivolous.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
tenchi no mai wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this one or not. In the forums it gives a "2 weeks, 6 hours ago" message next to the response. It may be more helpful to give an actual date and time. IE - 06/08/09, 2:12am. Just a suggestion.

That's a good suggestion, but we run into the problem of whose time we use. We have international users on this site... and even the dates are sometimes not the same for them as they would be for us in the US.

Then you run into the time zones in the US - which can vary by at least 4 hours in some places. Which time zone would we use? The one where most of the mods are, or the one where the server is located?

The way things are now, everyone can pretty much guess what time it was for THEM when it was "2 days and 6 hours" ago. I think I'd vote to keep things the way they are, myself - it's more fair to the majority.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

tenchi no mai
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this one or not. In the forums it gives a "2 weeks, 6 hours ago" message next to the response. It may be more helpful to give an actual date and time. IE - 06/08/09, 2:12am. Just a suggestion.

Logged Logged

Save the Earth...it\\\'s the only planet with chocolate! (Seen on a bumpersticker)
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
I do like things uncluttered, but there is a feature that I miss. That is being able to search by word count. It helps me find the long stories I like... And skip over the ones that were abandoned after a chapter or two...

Logged Logged
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
MontiK wrote:
I dunno if anyone's brought this up yet but I think FF has it and thought it'd be a cool feature: An extra tab on user's profile pages so we can see their fav stories.

Maybe even an option so that users can choose whether or not to show faced MA stories cuz some people might be touchy about that too.

I agree with the extra tab for favorites... AFF used to have the same thing, but when they reformatted and switched servers, they ditched it.... it was soooo convenient... those pages where we can view favorites are a good tool. We can see what our favorite authors like and maybe turn others onto a fanfic that they might not have read before.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
knifethrower wrote:
I do like things uncluttered, but there is a feature that I miss. That is being able to search by word count. It helps me find the long stories I like... And skip over the ones that were abandoned after a chapter or two...

If you are talking about 'A Single Spark' stories, you can still search those by word count. If you are referring to Dokuga searches, those, too are still possible. Just click on "Order" and you will see "Words" on the list. Click on that and set it for Ascending or Descending, and you're all set.

Hope this helped!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I cant put the Spark stories in Alphabetical order? Can you fix that? Please!!!

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 42
I dunno if anyone's brought this up yet but I think FF has it and thought it'd be a cool feature: An extra tab on user's profile pages so we can see their fav stories.

Maybe even an option so that users can choose whether or not to show faced MA stories cuz some people might be touchy about that too.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
Okay, you can now alphabetize! Just chose to sort by Title, Ascending.

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
OMG!

I can't even believe I haven't noticed you can't sort alphabetically until now. I will go fix this right now!

Logged Logged

Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
i dont know what wrong but there have been no updates or changes to the fanfiction part of the site since october 28.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Forum Suggestion 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 39
I agree. That would be cool.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
SilentlyFuming
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Forum Problem 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
"I've tried on multiple forum topics and threads, but this problem keeps occuring (and I don't know if it's just my laptop or what, but)-- I can't see the first page where all the recent replies are. Whenever I try to click Page 1 or even using the Previous button to reach it, it sends me to the last page."

That is what I wrote before, but I changed my options so that the oldest posts were in front and now there's no problem. I'll keep this up here just in case others run into that little glitch as well.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/10 11:57 By SilentlyFuming.
Drianax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Love the new site and the way it works. Am thrilled that updates are taking place again!! Did begin to use the feature of marking favorite author/story, but it is not recording all of the stories/authours that I want tagged. I don't know if this is a new problem or an old one, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Thanks!

Logged Logged

"Understanding is a three-edged sword. There is your side, their side, and the truth." -- Kosh, Babylon 5
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 51
When you click to favorite a story or author, does the icon toggle? When you click, 'Add Favorite Author," the page should reload and it should say 'Delete Favorite Author?' Or the same thing, except with stories.

If you could let me know what browser you're using, we'll get it fixed.

Logged Logged

Firefly Kitsune
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't know if this possible to bring back, but I miss the ratings, genre, and type of the story included in the description of the stories on the main page. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a smutty oneshot , and other times I'm looking for a longer story. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to be wary of just reading a description and jumping right in, I like to know what I am getting myself into! Also, are we still able to tell when a story has been completed? Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Logged Logged

You don't scare me, I passed PChem!
Drianax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Last night the page was toggling (my spelling is horrible, please forgive it) and did show "delete fauvorite story", yet this morning when I went went in to mark a few new favorites, the page would toggle but it would still show trhte "add to favorites" icon, and nothing new would be added to my list of favorite stories.

I am currently using IE 7.

Thanks.

Logged Logged

"Understanding is a three-edged sword. There is your side, their side, and the truth." -- Kosh, Babylon 5
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I changed them from plain buttons to images yesterday. I switched it back and it's working okay in IE7 again. IE doesn't like certain kinds of inputs.

Thanks for letting us know! You should now be able to toggle your favorites from the story you're on.

On the favorite pages where all favorite authors/stories are lists, the buttons don't work in IE. I have to rewrite a little more code to get around that, but it should be fixed shortly.

I don't know if this possible to bring back, but I miss the ratings, genre, and type of the story included in the description of the stories on the main page. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a smutty oneshot , and other times I'm looking for a longer story. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to be wary of just reading a description and jumping right in, I like to know what I am getting myself into! Also, are we still able to tell when a story has been completed? Thank you so much for all your hard work!

That's definitely doable. It might be a few days before I have time to get to it though. Until then, have you tried using our filters? They're quite effective at bringing smut front and center when the situation calls for it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/17 15:22 By Miss_Kagura.

Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
There is no "best Sesshomaru fanart" nominations in the voting for the awards, I think.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
There were only two nominations for 'Best Sesshoumaru Fanart,' and we only allow voting when there are at least three for a category. Those nominations will be saved until the next voting period.

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Well, I'm not complaining--but just to let you know. When I was voting and got to the fan art section, I tried looking at the art and it wouldn't show. A message popped up saying the link was either old or non-existant. Just thought I'd let you guys know about that....maybe the link was broken or something....

Logged Logged
Lady Scheherazadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:We Want Complaints/Suggestions/Bug Reports! 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
I submitted two reviews to enmaren's What Was Expected and they never showed up. Also, is it possible to move the Leave Review link to the bottom of the page, so it's more convenient than scrolling up the page?

Logged Logged

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.