Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
cant get into chat
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: cant get into chat
nightmareofcat
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
for the last week or so i have not been able to get into chat. ive tried using 3 different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies from each one, as well as did a sign out and restart. nothing seems to be working.
it loads to the room selection screen then goes black. i know all my stuff is current and up to date but still cant get in. i know myself as well as a few others are having similar problems.
anyone have any suggestions?

Logged Logged

the nightmare will return
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 53
I've had a problem only with Chrome. Using IE I was able to get in fine. I was also told by someone else that using Firefox worked for them, but Chrome didn't. I get it loaded to a "login" type screen, and then it just locks up.

I have to believe that it's something on the chat side, since both my Chrome and IE are using the same Flash version (and chrome hadn't updated), so it was something outside my control that changed. :/

-J

Logged Logged
nightmareofcat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
ya ive tried IE, Chrome and Firefox and it all does the same thing. blackscreen.

Logged Logged

the nightmare will return
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Well, as an update to this. I had just updated to Flash version 11.6.602.171. Chrome still doesn't work, but now IE also doesn't work. In IE it gets the black screen. Right clicking on the chatscreen popup shows 'Movie not loaded'.

So, maybe the flash chat only works with older version of Flash?? As I said, I know nothing about what the chat stuff requires. :/

-J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/02/23 11:35 By mitharus.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
From an older Flash version (11.2.202.270) on Firefox, I can get into Chat fine. This leads me to believe there's something with the 123flashchat service and newer flash versions that's just completely broke.

-J

Logged Logged
Apophis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Well, I'm screwed then. I only have IE and Chrome and can't get Firefox....for reasons.

Darn.

Logged Logged
Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
After many days of Chrome and IE being doomed and not working, my firefox decided to spazz and not work too - that whitescreen issue. Finally got firefox to work and keep working by going back and installing flash plugin version 11 5 502 149.
It seems to be the flashplayer 11.6 update that's screwing things up, but I dunno about chrome and IE - those two still don't work even though I have the older plugin now.
Hope that helps somebody XD

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Lyra wrote:
It seems to be the flashplayer 11.6 update that's screwing things up, but I dunno about chrome and IE - those two still don't work even though I have the older plugin now.
Hope that helps somebody XD

I think it's a Flash 11.6.x as well.

Chrome has a built-in version, so it's updated when the browser is. No external plugin there. The version I put that Adobes site reported I had is larger than their reported released versions, so...

Firefox 19 appears to have an initial flash version of 11.5.x when installed. So, uninstalling/reinstalling firefox may work for those that updated their flash after installing firefox (I was the reverse).

-J

Logged Logged
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:cant get into chat 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
Firefox just had an update (and those who have Firefoc knows that it self updates when you open the browser XD) and when I tried to access chat it turned into a blank screen. It loads all three chat rooms, but then immediately goes blank. :/ So, if you can help it, don't let Firefox update!

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.