Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problem Posting ~
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problem Posting ~
Amarante
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello~
When I type a long post I receive this error message:

The same message also comes up when I use Hiragana.

Any Ideas why?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 53
Hello~
When I type a long post I receive this error message:

Wonderful... :/

That looks like the Joomla error dump. Exactly how long of a message are you posting? What character/language set is your computer set to use?

The same message also comes up when I use Hiragana.

Any Ideas why?

Dokuga doesn't handle UTF-8 at all, and transferring everything over to UTF-8 would be... painful to say the least. :/

So, I'm guessing the errors being thrown when it's hitting some sort of character that it doesn't recognize when it's trying to store the messages in the database. Looking at the page the 'trigger_dberror' that you're getting, is being thrown where it tries querying the database with the text that you put in:

Code:

AND t.message='{$message}'

So depending ... either the character set could be doing it, or something similar. Without knowing exactly what you were trying to post I can't narrow it down much more. :/

-J

Logged Logged
Amarante
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I say a long message, but It's not like it's pages long or anything :/
For example, if I'm recommending fanfics to someone I usually type the name of the fic, and the author and copy/paste the summary with the rating/word count/etc.
Yesterday when I tried to do this, I had chosen three different fics and the error message came up.

My computer is set to US English. I understand why using different characters would be a problem like using Hiragana, but I wasn't using any other character or language other than English when I was posting to recommend a fanfic.

I'm using google chrome at the moment, could that be a problem?

Logged Logged
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 95
I sometimes get that same error when I try to copy and paste a description of a fic but it only seems to happen if I'm also trying to attach a link to the fic.

Mitharus, I have gotten the error using both Firefox and IE9. I've noticed that if I "preview" those posts first then I don't have any problems. Not sure if that helps.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 53
Amarante wrote:
I say a long message, but It's not like it's pages long or anything :/
For example, if I'm recommending fanfics to someone I usually type the name of the fic, and the author and copy/paste the summary with the rating/word count/etc.
Yesterday when I tried to do this, I had chosen three different fics and the error message came up.

Hrmm... it's *possible* that when the text was copied that it did it in such a way that it included hidden special characters. Perhaps the dashes, or some other character that is translated to an HTML entity when it's stored, so the copy was of the entity and not the character ... like
Code:

»

for the '>>' character (raquo - angle quote (right)), or some other similar character

Amarante wrote:
My computer is set to US English. I understand why using different characters would be a problem like using Hiragana, but I wasn't using any other character or language other than English when I was posting to recommend a fanfic.

I'm using google chrome at the moment, could that be a problem?

I'm using chrome and haven't ran into anything similar doing the same thing. I'm able to force that debug output sometimes, but ... doesn't help much in this case.

If you do run into it again, if you think about saving the text that you were trying to post then go ahead and PM me. I'll get you my e-mail address to send the raw text to. That'll at least give me a general idea of the text that was causing it, and I can go from there.

-J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/11/23 22:22 By mitharus. Reason: Stupid preview allows html entities ... posting converts them. *sigh*
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Problem Posting ~ 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
this happens when your posting odd characters and C&P's of (usually) full chapter summaries, DB-sama is NOT often fond of -'s

The fix i use for this error is to simply post anything and then let it save, then go back and then post what i wanted. Ever see a full fic displayed in finding a fic and you see ?-? ?'s

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.