Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
chapter double post
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: chapter double post
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
chapter double post 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
This is the second time its happened to me.

Maid for Clash of Alphas (Rated MA)

I post a new chapter and somehow the same chapter is posted twice. It's showing twice in the drop down. When I go to edit and add a new chapter it shows twice. Same chapter number, title, count, word count, hits, everything.

If I try to replace one with new material both is replaced. Last time I tried deleting one both got deleted including all the reviews. So I'm not touching it.

Just letting you know in case one of the mods ask what on earth am I doing.

Sarhea.

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:chapter double post 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 29
I can go in and fix this for you, just tell me exactly which chapter you'd like deleted. Any reviews for that chapter will unfortunately be lost, but at least you won't have future readers scratching their heads. Also, are you updating via phone or ipad, perchance?

Logged Logged
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:chapter double post 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Thanks Moxy!

In 'Clash of Alphas' Chapter 56 (Life) and 62 (Maid) got somehow double posted
In the "Edit" > "Chapter" tab that has the list of chapters both entries look exactly the same (reads, reviews, title, etc)

I know the red circle with the right cross deletes a chapter but I'm not sure how to do an 'insert' chapter if both entries Chapter 56 get deleted.

And for updating, it was on my laptop. Using IE9

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:chapter double post 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you on this. I've gotten a bit swamped with IRL stuffs. Okay... I've deleted one of the chapter 56's and I deleted one of the chapter 61's. You said it was 62, but there was only ONE 62 and the title - "Maid" was for chapter 61, which WAS a double posting. I assumed 62 was a typo and you meant 61. Hope I didn't mess anything up. Let us know if you have any more trouble with this, and we'd be happy to help!

Logged Logged
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:chapter double post 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh dear!
I'm afraid what happened to me before happened again here. Chapter 56 used to be a drabble called "Life", just before "Nail" which is showing as 56 now. "Life" is nowhere to be seen. "Maid" has also vanished like "Life". "Maid" used to be 62, just before "Unbearable" which is now 61.
Any ideas how to re-insert those chapters without replacing every single chapter that was posted after? Luckily I've got the whole story on my laptop.

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:chapter double post 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
Just an FYI. I've reposted "Maid" and "Life". They are now showing as chapter 93 and 94 on 'Clash of Alphas'. They really really have to be moved up but the reordering function doesn't seem to work for me. Is it working/active?

And this little hiccup also has messed up the chapter links on the Forum, since each chapter was a prompt response.

I don't want to replace each and every chapter contents cause it'll be really time consuming. Is there a faster/easier way of inserting chapters?

For now I'm just going to continue posting.

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.