Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help Posting Fanart
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help Posting Fanart
Green Tea Sage
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay so, I tried to post a picture from My Pictures document and the site seems to have a problem with the letter (C:/) in the location. Now I don't know what to do.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 26
I just test posted a picture to Fanart and it worked fine for me with the drive tag. What is the error you're getting? What exactly is it doing?

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
I think I have an idea what might be wrong here, the C:/, it's the way you've written in the '/' after the drive letter. Dokuga won't recognize the address of your Picture folder because directories (also called folders) in Windows and most Operating systems are written with a backslash \ not a forward-slash one /.

Example:
For your Pictures folder it should be written like this 'C:\Picture address' and with a backslash and the rest of the folder address after it, and NOT as C:/ the forward slash won't be recognized by Dokuga as the location of a folder on your C-drive i.e the site can't find the Pictures folder.

You use the backslash in directory addresses primarily as the C-drive is by default the main root directory in most operating systems, particularly if the PC has only one local hard drive. The default drive address with always start with C:\ with a backslash \ put in where you had the / forward slash.

You just need to change out that forward-slash '/' for a backslash '\' in the folder address and it should be able to find the picture folder address on your local hard drive so that you can upload stuff.

~ Pyre

Long story short just open up your pictures folder on your PC, and then go inside the folder to your picture. Click on your picture, and it's 'location address' should pop-up in the address bar of the Picture folder. Copy and past that address into the browser address box that you use to upload pix to Dokuga, and try to upload again. If that doesn't work it could be another type of error.

P.S: Forward slashes i.e. / are only used in URL addresses like this http://www.dokuga.com/ where as the \ backslash is used primarily to designate folder addresses on your local hard drive i.e C:\Folder-Address

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/15 01:27 By Pyre.
Green Tea Sage
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry, I meant to type the backslash with the C. I attempted to upload again, but I keep getting this message:

"No special characters are allowed in this field a-z, A-Z, and _ are acceptable."

Then the address bar turns red so, it still won't let me upload. I'm about to try from my desktop instead of the laptop to see if it makes a difference.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/15 14:42 By Green Tea Sage.
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
You may have to rename the picture then or the folder it's in.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the address exactly? You can star out anything personal, but I was just wondering.

Logged Logged

Green Tea Sage
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Haha...I feel so dumb. Thanks Tsuki Ai! Changing the name did it. My frustration wasn't getting me anywhere. And Fox, Pyreite, thanks for helping me try to solve this ridiculousness. I appreciate it.

Logged Logged
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help Posting Fanart 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
Don't feel dumb. Everyone has their brain fart moments, especially when they're getting frustrated. It makes it hard to think clearly.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.