Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problem with Dokuga_contest
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problem with Dokuga_contest
Sophie
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Hi! i'm not sure if it's the right place to post it, but for some time I just can't get to Dokuga_contest site. Any other site is okay, except that one. Anyone else has that problem or I'm just that special? Can someone help me? Please!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
dokuga-contest.livejournal.com/ that the link you using?

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 696975
community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest

That is the link you should be using. Try that and see if it works. If not we'll trouble shoot.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
So for the past week, I have not been able to access LJ at all, much less Dokuga_Contest. At first, I thought maybe the site was down, but last night I asked around in chat and apparently, I am the only one who can't access it.

I know I am using the right link. I have restarted my computer and have attempted to access the website on Firefox, Internet Explorer, and even Safari on my iPod Touch. I have ran a virus scan using Norton and Malwarebytes, just in case, and all with no success.

And just like the poster of this thread, LJ is the ONLY site I can't access.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to find out the problem? I'd really like to be able to access Dokuga_Contest again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
not a sure fi4re way, but maybe you should double check to see if LJ's a site that's not allowed from your puter. it could be that some how, someone listed as a site that shouldnt be allowed on your puter.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
Well, considering it's my personal password-protected computer, I doubt that. However, I did try to access LJ using my father's computer as well as my sister's and it's also not working. And as I've said, I've even tried on my iTouch and it won't work.

Whenever I try to access LJ, it says:

"The connection has timed out

The serve at community.livejournal.com is taking too long to respond.

- The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
- If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
- If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Based on what it said, I've been trying the site for the past week, so that's not the problem. I checked my computer's network connection and there's no issues there since I can access everything else. Lastly, if I couldn't access the Web from Firefox, then I wouldn't be able to post here as well.

But just to be sure, I'll check my list of blocked sites, though I have never set up a block list of any sort before. Thanks, r0o.

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with Dokuga_contest 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
It, most likely, has to do with your provider and who they peer with for internet access, and how it's routed.

From a machine that doesn't work you can run from a command prompt:
Start -> Run -> cmd

Type:
Code:

C:> tracert community.livejournal.com

It'll give some output on how the connection is routed to the destination, but if there are issues where it's taking a long time (like over 100ms between hops), or even just timing out, marked by a '*' (asterisks) in the time field, then that can easily cause connection timeouts.

Note that a '*' doesn't necessarily mean a timeout, as a router can block the timing mechanism used by tracert to determine the time... but most of the major ISP Backbone routers don't block it by practice.

If there's a major hiccup somewhere, not much you can do about it unfortunately until they either route around it, or replace the bad route. :/

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.