Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 17
Has anyone else had a problem with story alerts and updates not being received? I use Yahoo mail, and I've always had Dokuga, Fanfiction, and AO3 filtered to a folder. I've never had a problem with them going to spam, but as of February 24th, I stopped receiving updates only from Dokuga. I checked Spam and Trash on the off chance and they never made it there, even though there have been about 5 updates since then I know I subscribed to.

Did Yahoo do something, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

Kousei

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 171
I’m having the same problem. I also use yahoo email and filter my fanfictions into a separate folder. I’ve been checking the spam folder, and nothing’s going there either. Since this started only 2 stories I have favorited have updated. One is a chapter story and one is a drabble story. The chapter one is Conversing with Emotion by mythicamagic, and the other is When Comes the Rain by Drosselmeyer.

I’m still waiting for the alert for chapter 14 for Conversing with Emotion, and with When Comes the Rain I got some random alerts for previous chapters that had been posted a while ago. 10 drabbles were posted on the 7th, and that’s when I got those random updates. Today I got an update for chapter 52, but the story hasn’t updated today and everything currently there isn’t new.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/03/11 14:08 By Serena530.
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 17
I'm not getting anything at all.

Have you gotten anything else lately Serena?

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 171
Nope, and both the stories I mentioned have updated again. Still got no notice.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 156
Dunno if this is related but anyone experiencing weirdness with review notification emails too?

I mean I get that sometimes there can be delay but I have got four reviews today and only been notified for review no 2 and 4.

Even if there were delay in the notification emails being sent that is a weird order for them to be arriving in, no?

Logged Logged
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
That is Chie...

I wonder if it's a notification system issue if it's happening with both update alerts and review alerts.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 156
I got one of the errant notifications after I posted, for review no 1. It's weird that no 2 and 4 seemed to have come through with very little delay, just feels like something's up, you know?

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:No story alert/update emails, not in spam, filterd 4 Years ago Karma: 53
So, Wiccan emailed me and I looked at the server a bit... The email is being rejected with messages like:

"Messages from W.X.Y.Z temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html" (Yahoo)

"This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass 421-4.7.0 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 421-4.7.0 message has been blocked." (Google)

The "fixes" are more if you're a major list provider instead of a single host. You're not supposed to be running your own server anymore ya know.... *sigh*

Anyway, it appears that the emails from the host started getting flagged as SPAM by people (or automation and never tagged as "okay"). This caused them to start outright blocking the emails.

The Yahoo one is *supposed* to be Temporary... 4-8 hours. But it seems its been much longer than that. :/

Right now emails going to quite a few domains are blocked (@yahoo, @gmail, @aol, verizon, frontier, etc...) are being blocked.

It looks like the host may have been put on a SPAM Blacklist that some hosts are using. The server block message points to a blacklist being used.

Edit:
So, in the past 30 minutes, 10 emails have left the queue.... Down to about 1240 sitting there.

Edit 2:
The oldest emails sitting in the queue are from Mar 9th. All going to a Yahoo address.

Edit 3:
Meh... Probably not winnable from just attempting to let the queue work out. We're up to 1838 held now. Whee!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/03/15 13:37 By mitharus.
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Thanks for looking into it Mitharus!!

Would it help if we as users complained to Yahoo... because I'm guessing it's an automated "user complaint". I did submit some feedback to Yahoo, but we'll see if anything happens.

Yikes! Still, let me know if I can do anything to help!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.