Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
hello! noob here...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: hello! noob here...
hola
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
hello! noob here... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
ok, so, i'm fairly new to the whole fanfic world... i've got a few questions, just some basics..
like,
* what does iddn mean?
* whats a drabble exactly?

um, i just basically have no idea what to do one here, and would like some pointers/introductions to things... if anyone could help me in any way, it would be MUCH appreciated!

-jen

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:hello! noob here... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
iddn - Improptu Drawable Drabble (or some variation of that) Its just this fun gathering we do in the chat where prompts are given and all participants respond to the prompts with either a drawing or a drabble.... which leads to answer of your second question

a drabble is a short story/writing. usually like a paragraph long.

Logged Logged
hola
Pup
graphgraph
Re:hello! noob here... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
oooh, ok. thank you so much!!

Logged Logged
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:hello! noob here... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 26
Also just to elaborate... drabble is a typed response to a prompt in paragraph/story form. The ideal drabble is exactly 100 words- no more, no less.

Drawble, on the other hand, is the drawing equivalent of a drabble. A quickish drawing on response to a prompt. Naturally there's no 'line limit' as there are word limits, but everyone usually just does a sketch or a slightly cleaned/colored sketch.

IDDN means, like Moxy has said, Impromptu Drawble Drabble Night. DDN on the other hand, means Drawble Drabble Night- as in the official planned nights. Impromptu nights are... as the name implies, impromptu, and is brought about by a certain number of members appearing in Chat all at once and having enough interest to start one up. Currently I believe there needs to be at least 18 people in Chat to start an IDDN up.

There is also another form of DDN... the dark siiiide!! Just kidding, but really. There is another kind called the GM DDN... which means Gutter Marble Drawble Drabble Night. These are as far as I know only planned nights and not impromptu. They take place in the GM(18+) Chat room. No one under 18 is allowed.

Also GM means Gutter Marble; anyone over 18 is classified as a GM, though there are people who choose to not be a GM by choice. (Avoiding reading/writing or lemons or smuts of any kind)

YIM on the other hand means Young Impressionable Marble. These are any users under the age of 18. They are our hatch-lings, so to speak!

~-~-~

Also here is a useful link for you to browse through if you want to know more about the site: The Dokuga Dictionary

It contains a bunch of terms that are used frequently around here and might cure some confusion... it also provides a little insight into the average Dokugian brain!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/23 00:46 By Fox.

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
hola
Pup
graphgraph
Re:hello! noob here... 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
thank you so much for your elaboration i didnt know what a drawble was either, so, i'm glad i know now! thanks for giving me the link to the dictionary! ^^ and thank your for telling me what gm means! haha, gutter marble *grins wickedly*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 21:03 By Jenis Miranda.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.