Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need a little help... with inking.. pwease...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need a little help... with inking.. pwease...
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need a little help... with inking.. pwease... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
Yea i'm not sure if it goes here, but it's about fanart. *sweatdrops

Okay so, i've drew some pictures in pencil and charcoal.

But everytime i do an inking for the finishing touch, it goes out horribly wrong.

Utterly, absolutely wrong.

Any suggestions?

I've saw this "Manga kit" package of pens and what not on sale the other day near my house.

Does that work?

I mean i'm not going to make a manga, just pictures, pencil > ink > scan > color.

My inkings are horrible, maybe because i'm just using a regular gel pen.. lol..

any suggestions?

Also, (sorry i love babbling)

After i scan it, the lines are barely visible that even contrast + masks don't work.

I'd love to be able to put up some pictures...
But i'm not satisfied with the ones i have so far..

Help please?

MiserablyS.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Need a little help... with inking.. pwease... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
Hmm...if you have a tablet, or are willing to invest the money in one, why not use a tablet to ink? Lots of artists do it this way because it gives you the very handy "Undo" option. ^_~ Inking is an art in and of itself, it's tricky and takes practice to do right. If you're planning to do it by hand, I'd get the pens but then do a quick crappy sketch you don't care about to practice on. Maybe several of them.

Me, I never learned to ink properly so half the time I don't. I like the sketchy look so I'll just color straight under the original drawing, and it doesn't work out so badly. what program are you using to color? There ought to be a lot of options available to darken your sketch and make it more visible. If you're using photoshop, don't use contrast, just mess with the levels.

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need a little help... with inking.. pwease... 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
~~ edits.. ~~

Nevermind ^_^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/19 02:52 By MiserablySweet.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.