Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Hey you. Yeah, you. Wanna buy a doodle?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Hey you. Yeah, you. Wanna buy a doodle?
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Hey you. Yeah, you. Wanna buy a doodle? 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 28
I'm selling doodles.

Now, I know, you guys are all like "Man, why on earth would I pay for doodles? I mean, I have so many of those in the margins of my school work already!"

But see, see, these are special doodles. They are Doodles Done With Highlighter and Gel Pen On An Index Card Mailed To Your House So You Can Keep It Forever. Isn't that special? Isn't that cool?

"Yeah... but how much does something like that cost?" you wonder. "When you buy art online, there's no shipping and handling. I bet this like doubles the price."

Not so!

Index cards can be mailed at postcard rate if they are just mailed by themselves. Postcard stamps are a measly 28 cents a piece. Index cards I can buy in packs of 100 for less than a dollar. Highlighters and gel pens last for a loooot of doodles... and I have them anyway.

So, how much does a doodle cost?

Two dollars.

Two dollars, and an address for me to send it to. You can pick from any of 5 stunning hues of highlighter (Yellow, Orange, Pink, Blue, or Green) against either blue or black gel pen ink. You can pick who you want me to send it to: You, a friend, anybody! You could even have me scan it in or take a photo of it if you want it IMMEDIATELY and can't wait for the postman to deliver it... though that's half the fun.

I promise to keep all addresses/names completely confidential, and your billing information is secure through Paypal.

You can also purchase sets of doodles to lower your total cost, if you want a doodle in your mailbox every week or on special occasions! The scale slides like so:

1 Doodle: $2
5 Doodles: $9.50 - this can be one a week for 5 weeks, or it can be a Special Occasions Package, with 5 occasions picked from the following: Your birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day... or any other holiday you can think of that I may have missed (;
10 Doodles: $18
20 Doodles: $35
52 Doodles (an entire year, one a week!): $75. That's less than $1.50 a doodle! Major bargain!

Now, there is some fine print for those of you who are still skeptical and waiting for it. I need references for any characters I have not previously drawn. If you want to fire a barrage of OCs or characters I am not familiar with at me, please hold your horses. Only one new character or couple per 5 pictures.
If you want me to cram the entire cast of Yu-Gi-Oh onto one index card, it's probably not gonna happen. Try to keep it down to 5 or fewer characters on one card.
If you do not have a reference for your character, please give me a thorough text description... and don't bite my head off if I get a few things wrong. I'm not hiring myself out as a character designer; I am hiring myself out as a fun, cheap way to get personalized art into your mailbox.
I expect payment for a set up front; you can talk to people who've commissioned me in the past about my reliability. I promise that if I miss a week that I'll either refund you or draw you an extra doodle on top of the one I missed.
There will be no return address on the doodles. They will be mailed anonymously; If they're lost in the mail, I'm not going to claim responsibility for them. It's a risk you're going to have to take. I will keep a digital copy of every doodle, though, so if you lose one in the mail I can send you a digital version.
I will draw anything you want, except for things I explicitly say I Will Not Draw in my Commission Info journal. If you want to be vague, you could ask for, say, SK in love doodles in a set of 5, and I'd draw a new scenario of lovey dovey SK each week for you, or you could give me very specific instructions such as Kaoru pulling on Kenshin's hair to keep him from leaving the dojo, with a rabid tofu bucket attached to her ankle. I don't really care. Just be warned that if you give me complete free reign over your doodle card by not telling me anything, I have no idea what you get. It could be chock full 'o Pikachus; it could be Zim kissing a pig.
I reserve the right to add more fine print later if I feel my system is being abused.

So, who wants a doodle?

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.