Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fanart and Fanfiction Tournament (rehauled)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fanart and Fanfiction Tournament (rehauled)
Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fanart and Fanfiction Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
Update: I will allow a few more days for sign up, the deadline to sign up is Jan. 3, 2012. Please join! It should be loads of fun! Thank you! (Also you can check out who has already joined below.

We all know how much we love fanfictions that inspire us or the art that makes us so happy. So I've decided that it would be nice to share the love through a tag team tournament.

So here's what I've come up with, I'm going to host a tournament for where an artist and a writer will team up to take on another team with the same prompt. Then everyone will vote and the winning artist and the winning writer will move on to the next round, and a new partner. The losing artist and writer will not, but they can still participate by voting. Please note that while you will work as a team, you will not necessarily advance as a team. The writer will face off with the writer of the other team and the artist will face off with the other artist, so that one partner doesn't hold the other back.

There will be banners to collect! If someone wants to make one or all for me they can, If not, I will.

The ratings allowed are only PG13/T or lower because we have very talented young people here and I want them to be able to participate in all of the tournament. (from the creating to the judging.)

The tournament will begin soon, around New Years is when I want to send out the first round of prompts. I'll let you know, and you will have a week(or more if people agree it's needed, before the tournament starts) to complete the art/story, then your partner will have a week to either base a story off your art or make art based on your story. If you join this tournament, please see it through to the end, or your elimination. Thank you.

How many rounds there will be depend on the amount of participants. Each round you will be given a partner and a competitor with the same prompt and when it is time a voting will occur. The winner will continue to the next round, their next partner and their next story/artwork. Voting will be open to the public, here.

Writers: If you go first the story must be completed(as in not part of another story.), just so it will be easier for the artist. So not just part of a tale, sorry. One shots, just they must be finished by the deadline. The LEAST amount of words you can use is 1,050, just to make it interesting. Feel free to use as many as you'd like though.

Artists: Please remember if you go first that you need to have something for the writer to base a story on in the picture, or the feel of it. Also if you are last and can think of nothing to draw, a 'cover art' is acceptable. Also traditional, digital, dress-up, clay, paper, whatever you use as art, if you can make it fit, will be acceptable.

If you have a suggestion for prompt you think should be included then let me know by going to my profile and sending me a PM (I might not use it, but then I might, please don't be offended if I don't).

If you wish to join in the tournament then please comment below.

Any questions, fell free to ask.

PS. This tournament will only take place if there are 4 or more who wish to join. Their must be a writer for every artist and an artist for every writer. If we get more of one than the other, I will fill in as I can, and cry for help if there is a lot... but I'd like for there to be equal of everyone. No worries, I'll make sure It works out in the end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am new to this. Thank you.

Partisapants: (Lets make these long lists.)

Fan-artists:

KittyBlue

JeniNeji

Aoi-Kaji

Opal-Dreams

Fan-Writers:

MissKatt

Caleesci

zandrellia

Aurora Antheia Raine

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/05 19:05 By Opal-Dreams.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fanart for Fanfics Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Yeah er I'm scratching my head through this one. Is it meant to be for stories that have less than two reviews or none, that are already completed? Or, do you mean to release story prompts that participants would write a story for based on that prompt? Furthermore you haven't specified length limits, i.e. drabbles or chapters stories, or oneshots. Plus it would be difficult for an artist I imagine to draw a scene or art for a piece of fiction that isn't already complete, since they'd need to read the piece, if you mean for them to do artwork based on the story. If not than does the artist simply draw a piece of art from the story prompt itself?

Do you intend to pair off an artist and an author in the same round together too, if it's that they have to write a new story, plus do a new piece of art based on the same prompt? I would advise that you be a little more specific perhaps to see how exactly an artist or author participates. I'm a little confused myself.

~ Pyre

P.S: I can't participate myself as I spend many hours on single sketches, and it being the holiday season I am very busy. I do hope that you garner more interest though. It sounds like an interesting tournament.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/23 00:07 By Pyre.
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart for Fanfics Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
Hmm, are you saying only people who have written Fics with two or less reviews can participate? I do not find that fair. If you are going to do a tournament I suggest you have it available to everyone who wishes to join. As pyerite said, length should definitely be included. If I have some how misunderstood you, please explain for I am interested!

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart for Fanfics Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
Pyreite wrote:
Yeah er I'm scratching my head through this one. Is it meant to be for stories that have less than two reviews or none, that are already completed? Or, do you mean to release story prompts that participants would write a story for based on that prompt? Furthermore you haven't specified length limits, i.e. drabbles or chapters stories, or oneshots. Plus it would be difficult for an artist I imagine to draw a scene or art for a piece of fiction that isn't already complete, since they'd need to read the piece, if you mean for them to do artwork based on the story. If not than does the artist simply draw a piece of art from the story prompt itself?

Do you intend to pair off an artist and an author in the same round together too, if it's that they have to write a new story, plus do a new piece of art based on the same prompt? I would advise that you be a little more specific perhaps to see how exactly an artist or author participates. I'm a little confused myself.

~ Pyre

P.S: I can't participate myself as I spend many hours on single sketches, and it being the holiday season I am very busy. I do hope that you garner more interest though. It sounds like an interesting tournament.

It's fixed now.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/23 02:35 By Opal-Dreams.

Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:
Hmm, are you saying only people who have written Fics with two or less reviews can participate? I do not find that fair. If you are going to do a tournament I suggest you have it available to everyone who wishes to join. As pyerite said, length should definitely be included. If I have some how misunderstood you, please explain for I am interested!

-MissKatt

I fixed it, thanks for your help.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/23 02:35 By Opal-Dreams.

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart for Fanfics Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
Ah, see I greatly misread haha. I thought this was a fanfic/fanart challenge. :3 Good luck <3

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
It has been changed to one, as that sounded like a better idea thank you for giving it to me.

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
No problem, Opal. I see that it is an interesting idea.

Also, perhaps I would change (although this is YOUR challenge, not mine) that the 'one-shots' be complete for each prompt. Ex: Prompt 'ribbon' there for a one-shot shall be written for that prompt, thus making it easier for the artist. Also, it would be easier for the voters to vote and decide so they do not have to read a rather large amount and grow weary from it.

Just a suggestion. Otherwise, I shall enter as a writer but I will have one-shots.

-MissKatt

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/30 17:38 By MissKatt.
Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
I can see that. I think I fixed the problem. Thank you again for your input.

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
I am here to help~

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
KittenBlue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
duuude sign me up *waves!* artist here, yo!

Logged Logged
Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
I can participate as a writer

Logged Logged

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 21
Me... artist! Artist!

Logged Logged

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 14
I'll join as a writer. This might be interesting.

Logged Logged
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
I'll enter as a writer! =)

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 32
We need more artists D:!

Logged Logged
Aoi-Kaji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Er, I'll sign up as artist. I have a good one to post tomorrow c;

Logged Logged
Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
Alright, I flipped a coin and the artists are going first. (Because there are so few entrants we will be having only one or the other get their prompts at a time.)

KittyBlue's opponent is Opal-Dreams
JeniNeji's opponent is Aoi-Kaji

Partners will be announced later. You will receive your prompt in a PM. You have a week to have your art up, January 11, 2012 at midnight is the deadline. If you have it completed before then please don't put it up before the 9th so your opponent doesn't get ideas from it.

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
So, I am going to art first. Let me see if I understand correctly, should I start art-ing or should I wait for my partner in order to reach an agreement? As, we talk about the story she wants to make and then we decide the art I should make.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/05 17:41 By JeniNeji.

Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
JeniNeji wrote:
So, I am going to art first. Let me see if I understand correctly, should I start art-ing or should I wait for my partner in order to reach an agreement? As, we talk about the story she wants to make and then we decide the art I should make.

You make the art, and afterwords your partner will get picked and make a story based one it. So make your art.

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Ok. Thanks for the fast reply!

Logged Logged

Opal-Dreams
Whelp
graphgraph
You're welcome!

Logged Logged

Aoi-Kaji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfics Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Be gentle, Jeni <3

Logged Logged
KittenBlue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfiction Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Posted my piece just now!

Time

Logged Logged
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart and Fanfiction Tournament (rehauled) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
This is my submission:

A night to remember

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.