Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge!
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
With the 40th chapter of Wisteria uploaded, I would like to take the opportunity to pose a fanart challenge for my personal favorite story! For those of you who have been following the story faithfully, thank you so much for your support. Please participate if you are keen on this challenge, and we can see our favorite Wisteria scenes come to life!

There are no rules in particular; it is really open to your imagination. The only requirement would be Fuji's dressing, and I would like the portrayal of a maiko to be an accurate one. Google.com would be our best friend if you need a picture of a maiko for reference.

I have a few favorite scenes which you guys can draw inspiration from. It is definitely not limited to these few scenes though.

Chapter 7: Heaven on Earth
Scene: When Sesshoumaru extends his hand for Fuji/Kagome to place her hand in his so he could help her down the arched bridge.

Chapter 9: Two Lonely Souls
Scene: Sesshoumaru draws Fuji/Kagome into an embrace for the first time. Kagome's awkward/shocked facial expression would be what makes this scene unique.

Chapter 12: Sisterhood
Scene: Sesshoumaru talking to Fuji/Kagome at the San San Kudo ceremony, with Hasu staring at them angrily in the background.

Chapter 18: Rainy Night
Scene: The most beautiful scene in my opinion, when Fuji and Sesshoumaru embrace in the pouring rain outside Hanaka on the streets of Gion, with the forgotten waxed paper umbrella lying by the side of the road.

Chapter 25: The Endless Waltz
Scene: Fuji/Kagome teaches Sesshoumaru how to waltz at his pavilion after the green tea ceremony.

Chapter 32: After the Passion
Scene: Fuji/Kagome and Sesshoumaru kissing in the snow, with things getting a little bit on the kinky side.

Chapter 38: Her heartfelt confession
Scene: Overlooking the icy sea of Okhotsk, in the snowy landscape, Kagome (no longer as Fuji) embraces Sesshoumaru from behind as she clarified everything moments before she left Ezo for Gion.

Karma to those who participate!! And if you have already done a fanart for Wisteria, please feel free to post a link here as well! (Shae, Saide, please put the link up if you see this so I can hand out Karma!)

There is no deadline for this, so take your time with it. Have fun, everyone!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/15 06:25 By MissTeak.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Hooray, congrats on reaching 40 chapters~!

I'm cheating, because I already had one of the pictures you mentioned 3/4 done

So we have...

Turbulent Hearts
-So many things I dislike about how this turned out (I even cropped it because the ground turned out awful XD ) Kagome should have a floral patterned kimono bbut I'd already given her cranes ^^; The sky, sea, Kagomes hair, obi, and Sesshoumaru's hair all still bother me but I figured I should quit poking at it or I'd never get it done.

And my previous piece of Wisteria fanart:
Aftermath
- Which turned out mostly okay except for Sesshoumaru having weird anatomy due to me trying to do a slight overhead perspective that didn't work~

Now I'm just itching to try and give Kagome as Fuji with her kimono and hair right a go.

Logged Logged
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
Thank you for replying so promptly, Shae! I love how "Turbulent Hearts" turned out - it was just perfect, and the stormy sea contributed so well to the tragic atmosphere. You really should give drawing Fuji a shot!

That's for your reference! Should you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here. Can I know which scene you're interested in drawing?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/15 08:05 By MissTeak.
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
You're welcome ^^ Thank you for the reference it gives me a nice clear view of how the sleeves, obi and neckline go. The scene I'm thinking of drawing... Hmm probably when they're at the pine retreat with the plum wine. Actually, I think you have this one listed Chapter 9: Two Lonely Souls it is, just have to hunt through and see what they were wearing~

Oh! And you should put the piece of fanart that you did up here too for people to see, Miss Teak~

Logged Logged
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Oooh that's a nice scene too! It was the one in which she got drunk eh? LOL. There's another one which I like, when they snapped the connection between the chain and the Shikon Jewel.

And thank you for the reminder! Here's the one I drew! Though it's really nothing much compared to those amazing ones you made, Shae. I was wondering if you could tell me which software you used to create the pictures?

dokuga.com/gallery?func=detail&id=2223

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 40
ohhh~ there's no deadline, right?

may I join?

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Yes, please! OMG you have no idea how much I adore your works and yup, no deadline!

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Yep, poor Kagome: attacked by Kumano on her first meeting with Sesshoumaru, she ends up passed out drunk on her second meeting, and everything gets revealed and falls apart/she gets caught trying to steal the Shikon jewel on her third meeting. I bet she's being haunted by a bad luck demon

Yours is wonderful, pencil always has a certain quality to it that you can't get in digital art. I think it manages to be more emotional in a way.

I use Photoshop, which can be pretty expensive (though cheaper for students), I think Paintshop Pro is a slightly cheaper program which does most of what Photoshop will do. And then there's Gimp which is a free program that will also do most of what Photoshop can do. And if you do decide to give one a go there are plenty of tutorials online and on places like Deviantart that can help a ton with learning how things work ^^

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Sweet! I'll be having fun with this one! :3

Logged Logged

MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
@ Shae: Thank you Shae! I will check it out when I get the time to do so. My new school semester has just begun, so I don't get too much free time on my hands. Thank you for your lovely compliments too

LOL I think I secretly enjoy torturing poor Kagome She gets tortured more in chapter 41. *evil grin*

@ Rikayu: I can't wait! Can I please have a little spoiler and know which scene you're planning to draw?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/15 10:59 By MissTeak.
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
i plan to do two scenes actually. presently gathering information to make it true to the story (little details and all..)

I'll just be evil... and leave it at that.

Logged Logged

MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Two scenes!! That got me squealing like a fangirl. I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing.

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Ohh, can't wait to see what you come up with Rikayu

And I've got another one ^^; Or rather, it's part of another one (I just got carried away and made this part of it more detailed etc than I should have)

Too much of a good thing

Whats that? You don't recognize this scene? That's because it's one of those inbetween moments Specifically, passed out drunk Kagome/Fuji being carried (presumably back to her transport home).

Logged Logged
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Awww I saw it!! It's amazing! I love the expression on Kagome's face...LOL I'd love to be drunk and in Sesshoumaru's arms too hahaha~

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Thank you Here is the whole thing:

Taught by the best

Don't worry, I plan on doing a more serious version of this scene too

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 40
The complete piece isn't done yet, but here's one part of it

www.dokuga.com/gallery?func=detail&id=2549

Logged Logged

MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Wisteria 40th Chapter Fanart Challenge! 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 18
I checked it out, and I absolutely loved it. Nothing less from you, amazing Rikayu!! Karma for you!!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.