Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations
Crescentmoon1021
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
How do you deal with incomplete fan fiction? I have read so many fanfics over and over trying to see how it ends
I think I have been obsessed with Predestination by chillkat just trying to see the ending. Its nerve wrecking! I sometimes wish they just have an ending ;/ or someone talented will get permission to finish them out there.

I just need some recommendations to get me out of this funk

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Imooshi003
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
When I end up reading an incomplete story, I like to just imagine how it ends myself especially if it's been a long time since the last update. Then I fill the rest of the void with completed or recent fanfictions. Re-reading some old completed work might help too. There are a lot of good drabble series and oneshot stories waiting to be read. I think I just bury my obsession to see the ending with other stories, so I can occupy my time getting wrapped up in another fanfic plotline.

For recommendations, I suggest some stories written by NovemberDoll, Caedes, Hairann, Smortz, and Chie. Also Forthright and Kanna37 are a definite yes to read.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 76
I tend to avoid reading incomplete works. I've got a couple that I still have bookmarked that haven't seen updates since 2006-2008.

As for recommendations, anything by Chie, Forthwright (spelling?), Or Kanna37.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
A late reply but... I'm trying to finish mine. SunsetMiko has some great reads. Some MA... Caleesci also has a few completed stories that are amazing, also MA ratings.

Logged Logged
Shelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 5 Years ago Karma: 31
It would be really nice if the writers of incomplete fictions, could just write a summery of the endings. So the readers aren't left hanging, hoping and wishing for a finish.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 91
If you look under the summary on Dokuga, you will see status and it will tell you if it's incomplete or complete. As for the summary...sometimes they don't have it. I don't work that way and couldn't give you one the same with others. Other times 'life happens' and you intend to finish and just never get back to the site for various reasons. It can't be helped. We don't get paid for this, only reviews, so it takes a backseat to many things and can't be helped.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Carlyn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
Typically I'd cry, scream, vent my frustration in the past. Then I decided that reading incomplete ff was like getting back together with an ex, you're quickly remined of why you ended it in the first place. SO, that being said, I now refuse to read incomplete fanfiction at all UNLESS I've mentally prepared myself for its lack of ending (but I prefer to avoid it) OR if the story is still ongoing I'm willing to take the risk for a good story. Afterall, reviews tend to promote the story so the author will continue. But if a story has been abandoned for years, I'm out. Too frustrating.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/02/08 14:15 By AngelsEnvy.
Carlyn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
If I could thumbs up this comment, I would.

Logged Logged
Dollchan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Incomplete fan fictions and recommendations 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Honestly I’ve utilized the advance search bar to make sure I don’t even start a story that isn’t complete. In fact I go as far as set it to complete only and rating MA and narrow it down with looking up the stories that have the most words. It works out more times than not and all my recommendations are on the first three pages of that search method.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.