Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inupapa's name!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inupapa's name!
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
I do not believe that it has ever actually been given, but I keep seeing Touga or other variations on that theme sprinkled throughout the lad of SessKag fanfiction. Is that his name? Or is that sort of the fannon version of his name?

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
i personally like toga just cuz it has been used so much. but on ffnet he is listed as Inutaisho / inu no taisho (sp?) sp may be wrong but thats what it is listed on ffnet as.

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Toga or Touga was the name given to him in the third Inuyasha movie, but that name isn't canon or said to be his actual name by Rumiko Takahashi. It's just used often in the fandom because of it's use in the movie. Like Sesshoumaru's mother, he has no official name.

Also, I think there may be a thread for this already, but I'm not sure where it is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/16 23:55 By BlueHeavensAngel. Reason: needed to add a sentance

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
I don't think his father's name has ever really been stated, or that he wasn't ever really given a name(like his mother). I think he is just addressed 'The great dog demon' the other names such as 'Touga' or 'Inu-Taisho' might have been given to him by the fans of Inuyasha, maybe so they felt more familiar with him? I don't really know(laughs)

Here is an information page I found for Sesshoumaru: inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Sessh%C5%8Dmaru

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
BlueHeavensAngel wrote:
Toga or Touga was the name given to him in the third Inuyasha movie, but that name isn't canon or said to be his actual name by Rumiko Takahashi. It's just used often in the fandom because of it's use in the movie. Like Sesshoumaru's mother, he has no official name.

Also, I think there may be a thread for this already, but I'm not sure where it is.

PRVN wrote:
I don't think his father's name has ever really been stated, or that he wasn't ever really given a name(like his mother). I think he is just addressed 'The great dog demon' the other names such as 'Touga' or 'Inu-Taisho' might have been given to him by the fans of Inuyasha, maybe so they felt more familiar with him? I don't really know(laughs)

Here is an information page I found for Sesshoumaru: inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Sessh%C5%8Dmaru

Specifically, Touga or Toga, is actually the name that the CREW of the Inuyasha third movie, gave inupapa. Inupapa is a term that was used by some of the earliest fanfictions for him, another popular one is Segumi. BUT there is no official, Named by Rumiko Takahashi herself, name for the Inu no Taisho, Inu no Taishou, InuTaisho, InuTaishou.

that last bit: Inu no Taisho, Inu no Taishou, InuTaisho, InuTaishou. just means Great dog general. as stated before. but that's about it. So you can name him anything, the only official we have on Sesshomaru's mother, is "Lady Mother" and similarly, with Kagome's mother being named "Momma or Mama."

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/17 00:25 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Ahh! That makes sense! See I don't think I ever saw the third movie. I also looked for a thread like this and either couldn't find it, or was so sleepy that I missed it. Thank you all for the clarifications!

(I kinda like calling him Inupapa just for giggles, but I'd never use that in a fic! XD)

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
Specifically, Touga or Toga, is actually the name that the CREW of the Inuyasha third movie, gave inupapa. Inupapa is a term that was used by some of the earliest fanfictions for him, another popular one is Segumi. BUT there is no official, Named by Rumiko Takahashi herself, name for the Inu no Taisho, Inu no Taishou, InuTaisho, InuTaishou.

Actually, the nickname Inupapa came from the third movie too. In promos and publicity things, the crew started calling him Inupapa. The name for the third movie was actually Toga-ou. He was called that in a couple trailers but the name was killed from the movie at RT's request (the manga wasn't done yet and she didn't want to be locked into anything if she decided to use him again in some way). Ear Tweak has a great article on him that I was going to paste here but the site is down right now.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Yamiyo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inupapa's name! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
OFFICIALLY Inu no Tashio was never given a name, however several fans of Rumiko Takahashi have given him several names based on his titles such as Tashio, Inu, Segimi (SP?)which was another word for lord or something. The most common name Toga was is a name that several fans claimed Rumiko Takahashi used for him in an interview. as far as I know this has yet to be proven. so as it stands now the guy has no name, I should know I spent a lot of time looking and trying to translate Japanese site, not fun. I bow to my online translators *bow*

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.