Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
Now that I have your attention, I’m going to say this… In a few days time, I’ll start reposting Lord Sh’omamoo. My beta has Kryptonite right now and is going through it for me. She said it may take a week, or longer, to get through the whole thing then I’ll start posting it again as well. These two are going to be Dokuga exclusives and be no where else on the web, other than my group.

There are a couple things I want to make clear here…

First, you need to keep in mind these stories are many years old. Though Kryptonite is getting a beta, there will still be issues with it. Lord Sh’omamoo I’m not going to go in and fix anything on. So, yes, there are mistakes in it. Revisiting to fix something as old as these two are isn’t something I have time for, sorry. As they are the most requested fics I have, I thought I would be nice, for once, and repost them.

Secondly, and I want to make this very clear, one more lift or repost without my permission of either of them and they will vanish from the internet forever. I’m quite sick and tired of having to fight to get my stuff downed from places I didn’t post them. As these two are the worst when it comes to having to do that, this is the final chance for them. Since these are Dokuga exclusives, I will know where the lift came from and be less than happy. Please, for the sake of all the peas in the garden, don’t ruin it for everyone and upset me by posting them elsewhere.

So, since they’ve been asked for, I thought I would give you a heads up. Keep a look out!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
YAY!!!!!! I've so been missing Lord Sh'omamoo and can't wait to read it again!!!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
Eh, before you go a posting sweety, I want to ask Mith-pants if he can make it so that if anyone tries to C&P them, they'll be redirected to something that wont allow it.

I've seen it done with pics, so i know it can be done but i'd like to see if it can be done with a fic here.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
There is a code that can stop all copy and pasting. I had it on my personal site for years. As i know nothing of that end of things, my webmaster took care of it all, i don't know what it is. But it's there. It won't stop someone intent on taking something if they truly want it, but it can slow them down and make it more complicated.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 37
I'm so happy!!! I can finally read them now

Thanks.

Logged Logged
Jade R. Rayne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Yes! You can have a no copy and paste code:

It'll only work if you put it in the header or head tag... I'm not sure how this website is built though. This code disables "Select All" or "Right click to copy" things like that.

<script type="text/JavaScript">
function killCopy(e){
return false
}
function reEnable(){
return true
}
document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")
if (window.sidebar){
document.onmousedown=killCopy
document.onclick=reEnable
}
</script>

But the only problem is that, this can be bypassed easily by the "View Source" feature.

--Gosh this is like the 12th time I'm editing this post.

See, View Source can be accessed by right clicking on the page you're on, anywhere is fine and choose either "View Page Source/View Source" they're the same thing.

Once something pops up, the popup will contain only text and a bunch of symbols used for scripting websites. A person who knows about this can bypass it by using the 'Cltr+F' "Find" feature and type in a portion of the sentence of the story and it'll find it. See, the only problem there is that the text in the view source page, is in one entire "walloftext" block. Sometimes, spaces can be replaced with this "&nbsp;" so while it is still able to be copied, the person copying it will have to go through the entire text, taking out certain scripts like <p> which signals a new paragraph.

And, you can disable right clicking altogether, if that sounds better

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/12 19:06 By Jade R. Rayne.
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
IS there any way to make it so that only members of the site can even see the story? If there was maybe that would discourage people too. Just another thought.

Most people wouldn't go through the hassle of making an account to read a story... esp if they had no idea it was here in the first place.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 53
1. It may be possible to restrict to logged in users only... I'll have to dig into it a bit. I might be able to put in some hook as I did for the anonymous reviews; but for actually viewing the story chapters.

2. The copy/paste thing is trivial to get past. In fact, just disabling JavaScript will do it 99% of the time. As JadedRayne said, the view source will get you past it as well, or it could be done with a script to grab it. If you know the HTTP commands, you can use the 'telnet' program, and do it... no web browser required.

3. Another work around would be a hack, but it could be possible to generate a PDF file; and within that PDF, encode the username/ip/etc. of who pulled it. If the chapters were generated TIFF files, with the PDF encoding those... then it'd be more difficult as without some decent OCR software, they'd have to re-type the entire chapters since there would be no text in the PDF ... only an image. If the PDF showed up somewhere, it'd be possible to trace it back to who it was generated for. And making a PDF that isn't editable isn't too difficult.

Even restricting to logged in users isn't a great idea ... since well, anyone can just create an account and then they have access to it. :/

I'll look into #1 since that would probably be the... best? Easiest to put in? Least intrusive? ... Whatever. Others may want to make their stories so only those with accounts can read them anyway as well.

-J

PS. Glad to see them back.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
Thanks for all that, Mith!

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 53
See the post here: Disable anonymous reading

Implementation of #1 there...

-J

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Thanks, Mith, you're awesome!

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
And the first five chapters of Lord Sh'omamoo are up. I'm going to try to do, at least, five a day until it's complete.

Heads up for those that remember the original... I've removed the lone lemon scene at the end of it and edited it for some of Inuyasha's language to take it to an M rating.

You lot best appreciate this It takes a great deal of work to chop a story this size apart and 'reformat' it to post

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Alright, I have 10 chapters up (for those that remember it, no, 'Tigger' hasn't made an appearance yet) and the story is chopped apart into chapters, reformatted and edited for language. I am hoping, though i can always end up wrong, that I can put the rest up in the next two days or so. It's taken me the last eight plus hours to get this far with it so I'm not posting anymore tonight.

Logged Logged

Allie
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Lord Sh'omamoo & Krytonite Are Returning to Dokuga 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank you for bringing it back! I had it in my favs,wanted to read it again a few days ago and suddenly couldn't find it.

I just finished Lord Sh'omamoo today. So cute! Loved it!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.